.Wisconsin school district dropped book on Japanese-American incarceration during WWII from curriculum, arguing that the story was 'unbalanced'

That is just more shit talk from you. Me not wanting you to be a boring person, boring people with your obsession with your own internal issues, is not "snowflake".

The top is a wisconsin school that banned a shitty leftard anti-American book. It is good that they did that.
Its a shitty book because it doesnt chime with your white is right mindset.

Was the book unbalanced, though? When did you read it?

Does it matter if the book is one-sided? Not to the people so angered by the thought of parents having input in what books their children are required to read. From your link:

"She clarified and said that she felt that we needed the perspective of the American government, and why Japanese internment happened," Zielke added. "And so then again, we had raised voices at this point. I told her specifically, I said, 'The other side is racism.'"

There you go. You don't get a side, because we have predetermined that any opinion other than our own is racism.

Does the book mention that the people who pushed for and benefitted from the incarceration of these Americans were California Democrats? That the president who supported it was a New York Democrat?

Let me guess: yet another text book that decries all Americans as racist without bothering to mention that the racism was almost entirely perpetuated by one party, the Democratic Party?

If you don't know what the Democratic Party is, being from some other country, my apologies.
Another part was if it was truly fair it would mention that Watts and Compton became Black because of what happened to Japanese Americans that had their lands stolen and put into those camps…

Its a shitty book because it doesnt chime with your white is right mindset.
Actually if the book is factual then it will tell the truth about how FDR shouldn’t be considered a great President for his crime against the Japanese Americans of those days and how Black Communities of today benefited from those camps when Blacks bought up those lands that were owned by Japanese Americans…

We treated the Japanese a lot better than you Eurotrash treated the Jews. The mis treatment was in the relocation, not the accommodation they received. They actually got very good treatment with adequate housing, decent food, activities and no harassment.

It probably saved Japanese lives. With the brutal war going on I suspect many of them would have been at risk at retaliation from the population. Also, it is quite possible a few of them would have become Japanese agents.
Mod edited to replace racial slur
Yes, I have newspapers from the time. Even Chinese were often mischaracterized as 'Japs.' The whole country was in fear of a Pacific invasion on America's West coast after Pearl Harbor. The media was ginning up 'enemy' hatred as well. In order to actually understand history, one has to look at actual stories, photos, etc. from the time, not from a 'looking back' perspective. One example:

1656890496384.jpeg

Actually if the book is factual then it will tell the truth about how FDR shouldn’t be considered a great President for his crime against the Japanese Americans of those days and how Black Communities of today benefited from those camps when Blacks bought up those lands that were owned by Japanese Americans…

It's a work of fiction based upon the experiences of a young Japanese girl in one of the camps. I doubt a young kid would even really understand the situation so no, there is no need for that in the book.

It's a work of fiction based upon the experiences of a young Japanese girl in one of the camps. I doubt a young kid would even really understand the situation so no, there is no need for that in the book.
What is a work of fiction?

That Japanese Americans had their lands stolen?

Better check with what happened because that is not fiction even if you wish to deny it and it is well recorded what happened in those camps and what happened to properties of those that were in those camps…

Ann Zielke, a parent of a student in the district, told NBC News that School Board Vice President Terri Boyer claimed the book offered an "unbalanced" account of historical events.

"What she said to me was that we actually need an 'American' perspective,'" Zielke said, adding that the people in the internment camps were Americans.

In Wisconsin this time.
Teenagers are not to learn that the US was mean to Japanese Americans during the war..
It speaks volumes about the GOPs view of Americans who do not look like them.
Your liberties are disappeaing every day.
I guess next we’ll hear that the Diary of Ann Frank is unbalanced because it doesn’t include tbe Nazi perspective. :(

What is a work of fiction?

That Japanese Americans had their lands stolen?

Better check with what happened because that is not fiction even if you wish to deny it and it is well recorded what happened in those camps and what happened to properties of those that were in those camps…

The book being discussed. Read the article posted.

The book being discussed. Read the article posted.
The point I am making is neither side want the real history taught because if it was then yes we would learn this country has a long history of hate, death and stealing from minorities…

It is better to tell the real truth and not what benefits the Government perspective and the book could be countered with political discussion and teaching the kids to prove the book wrong and debate the reality of what was said and what was spin for political gain…

You have to pretend to say that because you and your culture are a bunch of cucks. 😄 No one else is ever forced to display the same for cuck whites like you. We can shit on you and your culture all day, every day and be open about it. 😄 Live in the closet bitch, that's where your kind belongs.
This ^^^ from a moron posting from a goat pasture. Where he gets shit on every day and enjoys it. STFU bitch. That’s exactly what your are.

Forum List

Back