Wisconsin 1st graders banned from singing "Rainbowland" by Dolly Parton & Miley Cyrus. It's about accepting others, not about LGBT, as you might think

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
NEW BAN from the Christian supremacists: Wisconsin officials are banning the song Rainbowland from Dolly Parton & Miley Cyrus from a 1st-grade concert. But the song isn't about being in drag. Or being gay. Once you read the lyrics, you will see exactly how fascist this move is

NEW BAN from the Christian supremacists: Wisconsin officials are banning the song Rainbowland from Dolly Parton & Miley Cyrus from a 1st-grade concert. But the song isn't about being in drag. Or being gay. Once you read the lyrics, you will see exactly how fascist this move is

1. The song itself is fine (more on that below), but this is the endgame of a Moral Panic. It has rainbows in it! It must be about GAYS! Geeez

2. The song is fine but wholly unsingable for first graders. I was about to be very disappointed if a music teacher chose this song. Of course a classroom teacher did. Kids won't sing it. The song will be mumbled.

Sigh

Republicans love to ban all damn day long.
So removing you would seem to be reasonable , particularly as you prove the notion of Equality to be false all by yourself.

Get out of that Moon fart glow.

MAGAs vs Dolly. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
This is not Maga vs Dolly. I'm sure you see it that way but then your mental vision has been immpaired by the constant lies of the left....such as. Trans are just sweet people who want to have equal rights. No Trans people are mentally ill people and need treatment. NOT leftist coddling.

This is not Maga vs Dolly. I'm sure you see it that way but then your mental vision has been immpaired by the constant lies of the left....such as. Trans are just sweet people who want to have equal rights. No Trans people are mentally ill people and need treatment. NOT leftist coddling.
Well, lets see. Dolly has a song that MAGAs have banned. How can that not be MAGA vs Dolly?

1. The song itself is fine (more on that below), but this is the endgame of a Moral Panic. It has rainbows in it! It must be about GAYS! Geeez

2. The song is fine but wholly unsingable for first graders. I was about to be very disappointed if a music teacher chose this song. Of course a classroom teacher did. Kids won't sing it. The song will be mumbled.

Sigh

I agree, never heard of the song but after looking up the lyrics I'm scratching my head

This is the heckler’s veto that the right has renamed “parental rights”.

Forum List

Back