Wingnut Math & 7,000 gun shops along the US/Mexican border.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
A wingnut uses math to make fun of Mexican President Calderon. The wingnut writes: 'Calderon claims there are "more than 7,000 gun shops along the border."' 'Since the US-Mexican border is 1969 miles long, that comes out to (7000/1969) ~= 3.5 gun store PER MILE. Maybe they teach math differently in Mexico, but I doubt there are even a tenth as many gas stations along the border.' -3 gun stores a mile ... :: WRAL.com

:cuckoo:

A wingnut uses math to make fun of Mexican President Calderon. The wingnut writes: 'Calderon claims there are "more than 7,000 gun shops along the border."' 'Since the US-Mexican border is 1969 miles long, that comes out to (7000/1969) ~= 3.5 gun store PER MILE. Maybe they teach math differently in Mexico, but I doubt there are even a tenth as many gas stations along the border.' -3 gun stores a mile ... :: WRAL.com

One problem with wingnuts and maths and comprehension.

...the sheer volume of licensed dealers — more than 6,600 along the border alone, many of them operating out of their houses — makes policing them a tall order. Currently the A.T.F. has about 200 agents assigned to the task. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html

The Mexican President wasn't talking about a narrow strip (say 50 feet wide) along the border. I suspect wingnuts have problems with comprehension as well as math.

I think it is the Moonbats who have the comprehension problem. California is a border state, which means that the ATF can count a gun dealer in San Francisco as being along the border.

...the sheer volume of licensed dealers — more than 6,600 along the border alone, many of them operating out of their houses — makes policing them a tall order. Currently the A.T.F. has about 200 agents assigned to the task. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html

The Mexican President wasn't talking about a narrow strip (say 50 feet wide) along the border. I suspect wingnuts have problems with comprehension as well as math.

Obviously you've never been anywhere near the southern border. I doubt you've even seen pictures.

Obviously you've never been anywhere near the southern border. I doubt you've even seen pictures.

Really? You're entitled to your delusions.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. I do not like illegal immigrants as a group. I think they are owed nothing but decency when they are thrown out. But some will keep coming back as they are at home here. Ho we deal with them is the issue.

Forum List

Back