Wine...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I'm slowly turning into a wine snob.

I love Merlot. Lately I've been dropping anywhere between $100 and $200 a week on various wines (hey, there are worse hobbies to have). I used to drink crap Merlot (Clos du Bois) but have recently come across some really nice ones including Robert Hall (a bottle of that was laid to rest tonight), Decoy and Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells. There's a winery out on the east end of Long Island, Pindar, which makes a really nice one, too.

Anyone else into wines?

I love Merlot. Lately I've been dropping anywhere between $100 and $200 a week on various wines (hey, there are worse hobbies to have). I used to drink crap Merlot (Clos du Bois) but have recently come across some really nice ones including Robert Hall (a bottle of that was laid to rest tonight), Decoy and Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells. There's a winery out on the east end of Long Island, Pindar, which makes a really nice one, too.

Anyone else into wines?

My Wife......

Anyone else into wines?

Of course. A good, mellow, flavorful Syrah is my favorite.

I used to be into wines until I discovered whiskey.

However, wine is far more discriminating than whiskey. It's much more unstable.

I like the fruitier wines from the Alexander Valley in California, or the Cote du Rhones from France. Those Cote du Rhones are difficult to find here. You have to buy them in France.

Recently I've gotten into Oregon wines from the Willamette Valley....the Cabernet Sauvignon's are awesome and the Pinot's and mixed reds are among the best I've had....I don't like too heavy of an alcohol taste and the Oregon wines I've tried are awesome....

Anyone else into wines?
I keep coming to these boards. Lots of winers here. I must like it alot.

Anyone else into wines?
Try Italian merlot it will blow you away

Yep. Bought a wine fridge for the wife a while ago. Then I had to fill it. Little one, maybe 30 bottles.

But, I knew shit about wine. Problem.

I used, and use, this site: www.cellartracker.com to find good ones.

What I've found is that the winos there are almost always right in regards to ratings. Basically, if you can use a basic search function and know how to read, you can up your wine game pronto from don't-know-shit level to making educated purchases within a very short period of time. That changed the game fast.

Bought a few bottles. Figured out the difference between shit and manna.

Bought a bigger wine fridge.

Now I'm on lists and buy on release from a few wineries that are perennially good and some with a good pqr for the cabs and futures on the bordeauxes, as to drink the really good stuff and not pay 200 a bottle you need to buy it and age it until it's ready to drink, and that's what I've been doing now for years.

Now I still don't drink a ton of wine, as it was really done, and still is, for her. It's not my first choice, but when I do it's usually pretty good stuff. I definitely know the difference between good, bad and very good and won't bother with anything under a 91-92, so I guess I am a wine snob....

Recently I've gotten into Oregon wines from the Willamette Valley....the Cabernet Sauvignon's are awesome and the Pinot's and mixed reds are among the best I've had....I don't like too heavy of an alcohol taste and the Oregon wines I've tried are awesome....

Quilceda Creek - Columbia Valley '08

I used to be into wines until I discovered whiskey.

However, wine is far more discriminating than whiskey. It's much more unstable.

I like the fruitier wines from the Alexander Valley in California, or the Cote du Rhones from France. Those Cote du Rhones are difficult to find here. You have to buy them in France.

Try here

Anyone else into wines?
I really need to get back to making My own. I like Meads and Metheglin.

New Topics

Forum List

Back