Windows Vista

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
Is anyone running Windows Vista RC1? I landed a copy and I must say it is lots better than XP. Not only is the interface simpler and easier to use, its 3D angled and/or transparent windows are very cool. Compared to XP, tons more info can be visually handled on the desktop. There was a video driver issue when I first installed Vista, but a download from nVidia solved that. If you play lots of games, I'd advise against RC1, but perhaps the issues will be worked out in RC2 (release cadidate 2), which arrives this coming week. For example, my PC dual boots either XP or Vista, and while Quake 4 runs great in XP, it crashes to the desktop in Vista. Anyway, Vista seems to me to be a bigger OS boost from XP than was XP from Windows 2000.

I was planning on waiting a year or two for them to iron out the bugs from this OS. I waited three years before upgrading to XP.

"I was planning on waiting a year or two for them to iron out the bugs from this OS. I waited three years before upgrading to XP."
Wait any longer and you may miss it altogether. Windows 7 is planned for release late next year.

Yes, Windows is now on an official three year release schedule. The six-year wait between XP and Vista is uniquely long in Windows history.

My rule of thumb is that you should upgrade to Vista if you are buying a new system with 2GB of memory or more. Otherwise stick with XP.

i have never used windows vista since my computer's specification is not so high and therefore windows XP is the best for me.
138l1103.jpg

Forum List

Back