Windows is safest OS but IE unsafest program

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
The number of discovered vulnerabilities unveils how safe a program is. This applies also to operating systems.
And Windows has the fewest vulnerabilities by far. In sharp contrast to that, the Internet Explorer is the most unsafe program. They should have included Android.

OS-chart.jpg

application-chart.jpg

Most vulnerable operating systems and applications in 2014

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Software vulnerabilities are one thing, but when the defacto OS on the whole planet is Windows, malware writers and hackers are going to be gunning for it more than all the others combined.

LOL. An unbiased source? They make their living helping people keep their Windoze machines running. Lot's of MS versions but no mention of which Linux kernel or when it was tested. Or any evidence.

Another fanboi fail.

LOL. An unbiased source? They make their living helping people keep their Windoze machines running. Lot's of MS versions but no mention of which Linux kernel or when it was tested. Or any evidence.

Another fanboi fail.
Nothing was tested. It is just the number vulnerabilities that have been found in operating systems in 2014. As for the Linux kernel, it is probably the current and common one shared by all the distributions.

Software vulnerabilities are one thing, but when the defacto OS on the whole planet is Windows, malware writers and hackers are going to be gunning for it more than all the others combined.
That´s true. That´s why the detection and rapid fixing of security holes is more important on Windows systems.

Problem too lies in how OS are being replaced by the next one with go-faster stripes every 2 or 3 years now. Instead of building one that's great, they half-ass it and the result is swiss cheese vulnerabilities and exploits.

Obviously this is wrong.
Windows is of course the OS that is the most vulnerable to all kinds of Malware.
I have ran Linux OS's for yeaaaarrrss with no virus protection, and no spyware protection and have never once seen any signs whatsoever of anything.
On the contrary, I would not DREAM of running a Windows box with no anti-virus or spyware protection. You would have to be insane.
No different than if someone told me that a 1976 Datsun is the worlds safest car, you don't need anyone to tell you something is amiss.

Obviously this is wrong.
Windows is of course the OS that is the most vulnerable to all kinds of Malware.
I have ran Linux OS's for yeaaaarrrss with no virus protection, and no spyware protection and have never once seen any signs whatsoever of anything.
On the contrary, I would not DREAM of running a Windows box with no anti-virus or spyware protection. You would have to be insane.
No different than if someone told me that a 1976 Datsun is the worlds safest car, you don't need anyone to tell you something is amiss.
That´s not correct. If you don´t spend time on attacking websites, your chance to get a virus is minimal. You need to be attacked to get one. But to be attacked means to be someone´s target. Windows is the most attacked OS but their are so many computers, that your PC will probably not be attacked as long as you don´t harass some hacker groups. And what are signs of spyware?

There is a Linux hype coming from the Linux fans but the hype is not justified. In fact, using Linux is fanboy behavior because all the stuff can be done also with Windows and even more. There is no sense using Linux in an act of some kind of rebellion but to have to boot the second OS (Windows) for the real stuff. It just means more work. Not that I am against Linux or something.

Obviously this is wrong.
That´s not correct. If you don´t spend time on attacking websites, your chance to get a virus is minimal. You need to be attacked to get one. But to be attacked means to be someone´s target. Windows is the most attacked OS but their are so many computers, that your PC will probably not be attacked as long as you don´t harass some hacker groups. And what are signs of spyware?

There is a Linux hype coming from the Linux fans but the hype is not justified. In fact, using Linux is fanboy behavior because all the stuff can be done also with Windows and even more. There is no sense using Linux in an act of some kind of rebellion but to have to boot the second OS (Windows) for the real stuff. It just means more work. Not that I am against Linux or something.

Are you seriously asking what are signs of spyware, malware etc.?

It's like I said, the claim of this "study" is so far off from reality that no one except people who want it to be true is buying it.
There are literally 1000's of virus/malware/spyware/scareware written for windows vs. written for Linux. At the same time, according to the study, IE is the most vulnerable software on the planet...and what operating system does IE sit on?? Oh...Windows.
It's a joke.
I have used Linux (at home, Desktop) since Redhat 6. Longer on the server side. That is 16 years. I peruse the net at will, without fear. Not once have I ever been hijacked or had by browser taken over.
On windows??? Numerous times.
Currently 89% of consumer PC's have some form of malware running on their computer.
This study is a joke.

Are you seriously asking what are signs of spyware, malware etc.?
No. I asked for spyware only. What are signs of spyware?

It's like I said, the claim of this "study" is so far off from reality that no one except people who want it to be true is buying it.
There are literally 1000's of virus/malware/spyware/scareware written for windows vs. written for Linux. At the same time, according to the study, IE is the most vulnerable software on the planet...and what operating system does IE sit on?? Oh...Windows.
It's a joke.
I have used Linux (at home, Desktop) since Redhat 6. Longer on the server side. That is 16 years. I peruse the net at will, without fear. Not once have I ever been hijacked or had by browser taken over.
On windows??? Numerous times.
Currently 89% of consumer PC's have some form of malware running on their computer.
This study is a joke.
This isn´t a study. Listing the discovered security holes isn´t a study. IE may be unsafer but you don´t have to use it.

Forum List

Back