Windows 7

naomibee

VIP Member
Jun 20, 2009
I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER WITH THE NEW WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE AND IT'S GREAT. DOSES ANY ONE ELSES HAVE IT? AND WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?.
my only beef about it i will share with every one is the fact that if you have any thing you want to install on it. it will tell you right up front its not capatable with windows 7 and every thing i have tried to install is a run a round including my cannon printer i resently set up and had to down load the windows 7 drivers to run it from the cannon web sight.BUT I DO LIKE IT .

Just got my new laptop w/Win7 and it's a dandy. Very easy to navigate web pages, programs, access files. Nice look and feel. Have not tried hooking up the printer yet. One thing that surprised me, when I plugged in my iPod it recognized it as an empty drive- didn't even mention iTunes LOL.

I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER WITH THE NEW WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE AND IT'S GREAT. DOSES ANY ONE ELSES HAVE IT? AND WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?.
my only beef about it i will share with every one is the fact that if you have any thing you want to install on it. it will tell you right up front its not capatable with windows 7 and every thing i have tried to install is a run a round including my cannon printer i resently set up and had to down load the windows 7 drivers to run it from the cannon web sight.BUT I DO LIKE IT .

It's almost like APPLE OS. I have it. It has some kinks, but it'll do.

:eusa_whistle:

It's almost like APPLE OS. I have it. It has some kinks, but it'll do.

:eusa_whistle:

That's kind of the problem. Windows is so lacking in original ideas that they have to mimic -- and quite poorly, I might add -- Apple's work. That's how it's been since the Macintosh.

Don't even get me started on the embarrassment that is Internet Explorer. Reports are coming out that IE9 is the best one yet, but those reports always spread before the browser is made available and people see how terrible it is in terms of user friendliness and safety.

hey mac junkies... still enjoying that marginal slice of the market? How is limited compatibility treating you?

:thup:

I have Shogun 0.0 as my OS. It pisses in my corn flakes, makes crude comments all day and crashes constantly. Oh, and it's anti-semitic.

Just got back from vacation and dumped over 300 pics onto the laptop. Very pleased to see them automatically placed in a folder with today's date. Right click and rename. Bingo. Kinda groovy.

Oh- and sticky notes. Love 'em. :D

hey mac junkies... still enjoying that marginal slice of the market? How is limited compatibility treating you?

Limited compatibility? I've been a happy Mac user since 1987. The only compatibility difference I've noticed is the malware and viruses that routinely infect the WinTel world don't bother me.

:)

Limited compatibility? I've been a happy Mac user since 1987. The only compatibility difference I've noticed is the malware and viruses that routinely infect the WinTel world don't bother me.

is the "Tel" part of WinTel intel? because apple uses intel now and charges you twice what dell does and 3x what newegg, tiger direct do.

I've always used Windows. Never had a problem with malware and viruses. Malware and viruses are user created problems, and not specific to OS.

Just got back from vacation and dumped over 300 pics onto the laptop. Very pleased to see them automatically placed in a folder with today's date. Right click and rename. Bingo. Kinda groovy.

yeah i love the sticky notes i wrote me a reminder to do my taxes.and did that day on the computer.i love the touch screen only with your mouse.so cool like them touch screen phones.i love it alot more every day...

Windows seven is just now getting to sticky notes? They have been part of the mac universe since system 9, I think back in 98

Multiple rename has been around in the mac universe since OSX first came out, as it is a normal Unix function.

I have been hearing about IE9 for a while. It is only 18% W3 compliant. And they are sticking with active X. Which is still a huge security hole.

then you clearly haven't been exposed to everything that they rest of us have been enjoying for a decade and a half.

Hey, i bet you might finally get warcraft II on mac this year!

I've always used Windows. Never had a problem with malware and viruses. Malware and viruses are user created problems, and not specific to OS.
explain please.

We have Vista on the laptop we use and just got Window 7 on the desktop that the kids use. Haven't used it as much but from what I have used it seems like Vista but better. Lots of user friendly features that I randomly discover whenever I do use it. The printer software won't run on it though.

We have Vista on the laptop we use and just got Window 7 on the desktop that the kids use. Haven't used it as much but from what I have used it seems like Vista but better. Lots of user friendly features that I randomly discover whenever I do use it. The printer software won't run on it though.

hey my printer wouldn't work either.i had to go to the printers web sight and down load the drivers needed to be used with the ew windows 7.you may have to do it to.mine works fine now.

Forum List

Back