Windows 7 "End of Life"

I retired my ASUS Win7. But I kept it. I have Win10 now. I hate it. So..gonna rehook up my beloved Asus.
StartisBack, $4 for the old menu. You can make it look like Win 10 (without the Tiles), Win 7 or XP. Win 7 Games for Win 8 & 10 and Winaero Tweaker to tweak just about everything including shutting down Cortana and shutting down Microsoft's telemetry. The last two are free.
All our Win 10 machines look just like Windows 7.

Yep. Hell I still have a computer with win95 on it. It has some engineering software I thought I might use again someday so instead of just tossing it, I kept it. That CAE software wasn't exactly cheap to come by. I think it's even more today and all you get these days is one seat for one year.

I kept an Windows 98 machine for the exact same reason. I haven't used it in a few years, though. It's a racket, for sure.

Plus I prefer just a basic user interface. Beyond having to subscribe to software for more money, you do get less these days and developers have basically turned user interfaces into crayons and coloring book type nonsense. I hate that.

I been using XP Pro on a OptiPlex 960 for at least three years now. That's like six years after the EOL/EOS nonsense, and I have yet to see even one of the constantly threatened viruses, trojans, rootkits, keyloggers, etc., promised by M$ and its horde of parrots....unless you count the 4 PUPs I got from downloading software from supposedly 'safe' sources...and I don't. Considering I'm on the internet at least six hours a day, pretty much every day, I figured out that's at least 5000 hours thus far. So where is all that much ballyhooed malware that was supposed to turn my PC into a brain-sucking zombienet? Apparently all over the internet (except the one I'm on) and infesting everyone's rig (except mine). Needless to say, the EOL/EOS blather does not impress me. So far as I can see, it's just another molehill pumped up into a mountain (like COVID), and mostly intended to act as a cattle-prod to herd the sheeple into buying the next even more crappy rendition of Windows.

That said, I will be moving on to Win 7 in early 2021. XP Pro does have several fatal flaws, but security ain't one of them. Due to the CA nazis and their embedded/outdated security certificates store, no chrome/chromium derivative browser will work anymore. Firefox 52.9.0 is a piece of crap, so that leaves only Mypal and Centaury, which are only barely adequate. Burning CDs/DVDs is a war of attrition with awful 3rd party apps. And so on. Point being this EOL/EOS is just hogwash. When I bought my Win 7 rig off eBay a couple months ago, that was not even a consideration. For me the only sticking points was the inability to actually uninstall the bloatware (like IRC, games, and the plethora of 'remote' this & that). XPLite let me cut the crapware out of XP Pro, bringing it down to under 950MB. Another hesitation was doubt as to whether or not I could circumvent all the corporate spyware/malware of Vista, that was shoehorned into Win 7. Still ain't sure about that, but if can't I figure I can live with it a year, til I can finish learning MX Linux.

Windows 10 is now solid as far as operating.
You just have to agree to allowing them to spy on absolutely everything you do. Everything.
That can be stopped now with the Winaero Tweaker.

If you know what you're doing, and what specifically to target, Winaero will work fine...at least until a KB stealth update surreptitiously resets all your changes. If you want any guarantee them changes will stick, you have to disable auto-update, and be real sure what updates you allow manually.

You can bring back Windows 7 ...

MV5BYjRjZDVhYzAtYjdiMS00YjNlLWExODMtNmIzODllYmJkMTczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ._V1__t800.jpg

... but, sometimes, dead is better.

I been using XP Pro on a OptiPlex 960 for at least three years now. That's like six years after the EOL/EOS nonsense, and I have yet to see even one of the constantly threatened viruses, trojans, rootkits, keyloggers, etc., promised by M$ and its horde of parrots....unless you count the 4 PUPs I got from downloading software from supposedly 'safe' sources...and I don't. Considering I'm on the internet at least six hours a day, pretty much every day, I figured out that's at least 5000 hours thus far. So where is all that much ballyhooed malware that was supposed to turn my PC into a brain-sucking zombienet? Apparently all over the internet (except the one I'm on) and infesting everyone's rig (except mine). Needless to say, the EOL/EOS blather does not impress me. So far as I can see, it's just another molehill pumped up into a mountain (like COVID), and mostly intended to act as a cattle-prod to herd the sheeple into buying the next even more crappy rendition of Windows.

That said, I will be moving on to Win 7 in early 2021. XP Pro does have several fatal flaws, but security ain't one of them. Due to the CA nazis and their embedded/outdated security certificates store, no chrome/chromium derivative browser will work anymore. Firefox 52.9.0 is a piece of crap, so that leaves only Mypal and Centaury, which are only barely adequate. Burning CDs/DVDs is a war of attrition with awful 3rd party apps. And so on. Point being this EOL/EOS is just hogwash. When I bought my Win 7 rig off eBay a couple months ago, that was not even a consideration. For me the only sticking points was the inability to actually uninstall the bloatware (like IRC, games, and the plethora of 'remote' this & that). XPLite let me cut the crapware out of XP Pro, bringing it down to under 950MB. Another hesitation was doubt as to whether or not I could circumvent all the corporate spyware/malware of Vista, that was shoehorned into Win 7. Still ain't sure about that, but if can't I figure I can live with it a year, til I can finish learning MX Linux.
You got that spyware called "Alexa" with XP. But you are right, we can guess the most issues are fixed in XP and nobody is looking for more. In Windows 7, look out what updates deliver the telemetry shit.

" Consequences Of Security Vulnerabilities "

* Espionage Back Door *

The great thing for democrats is that approximately 10,000 voting machines across the nation run on windows 7 , so they can continue to rig elections .

You got that spyware called "Alexa" with XP. But you are right, we can guess the most issues are fixed in XP and nobody is looking for more. In Windows 7, look out what updates deliver the telemetry shit.

If you mean this:
...so far as I know you have to be using IE, and I never did. Once I figured out the security certificates could not be updated, IE was disabled, and awaited nuking by XPLite, but kept getting conflicting info on whether the OS would survive without IE, so I settled for the 'let's play pretend' uninstall.

I have already researched the M$ stealth downloads of KB crapola, that surreptiously installs the forced upgrades to Win8/Win10, along with the backporting of its spyware into Win 7. So far I have assembled a list of 49 KB 'patches' to avoid or uninstall, with at least one (KB2952664) that M$ has so far issued 20+ different versions of, which must be eliminated in correct order.

" Consequences Of Security Vulnerabilities "

* Espionage Back Door *

The great thing for democrats is that approximately 10,000 voting machines across the nation run on windows 7 , so they can continue to rig elections .

Don't really matter that much when they have ballot fraudsters embedded in the poll locations that can kick out the observers, and whip out tubs of fake ballots hidden away, plus having filled the courts with leftist judges that refuse to uphold any laws or regulations that do not benefit their team, or view any evidence that threatens libtard goals....and over the next four years you can expect more of the same.

Forum List

Back