Windows 10 worse than Windows ME

Interesting.

Other than the tracking, I've not had a problem with Windows 10. It has never crashed on Me and I leave it up and running for months at a time.

The disk utilization issue did occur a few years back, but it turned out to be the antivirus suite I was using. I switched to Webroot and haven't had a problem since.

For the most part, in the home setting, WIn10 will work just fine. Besides the annoying hour long upgrades and tracking/selling everything you do.
In the business setting, where there are far more specific requirements, it is a nightmare.
Just Google it.....
Huh. I use Windows Pro at work and have never had a problem with it. I'm not saying that there isn't problems, every computer O/S has them (those who say they don't are full of shit). Still, Windows wouldn't be successful if their business suite was so buggy that it would be dropped for something inferior, like an Apple product.:badgrin:

I didn't say Windows Pro, I said Win10.
Having said that, based on many years of experience... Apple OSX is probably the most stable/problem free OS on the market.
We have OSX all in ones that are nearing 12 years old that still do everything great...and not one thing has been done to them.
Just doesn't happen on the PC side.
I am speaking of course of the desktop market and not servers, and there is no argument who wins that.
And BTW - just sayin, OSX servers were an abomination. OMG were they horrible. We bought two of them around 2001 I think it was....both mothballed within a year.

Apple, the original dataminers. Are you Manson, wtf?

Is this USMB or zelifcam?

Manson, zelefcam....eh?

Interesting.

Other than the tracking, I've not had a problem with Windows 10. It has never crashed on Me and I leave it up and running for months at a time.

The disk utilization issue did occur a few years back, but it turned out to be the antivirus suite I was using. I switched to Webroot and haven't had a problem since.

For the most part, in the home setting, WIn10 will work just fine. Besides the annoying hour long upgrades and tracking/selling everything you do.
In the business setting, where there are far more specific requirements, it is a nightmare.
Just Google it.....
Huh. I use Windows Pro at work and have never had a problem with it. I'm not saying that there isn't problems, every computer O/S has them (those who say they don't are full of shit). Still, Windows wouldn't be successful if their business suite was so buggy that it would be dropped for something inferior, like an Apple product.:badgrin:

I didn't say Windows Pro, I said Win10.
Having said that, based on many years of experience... Apple OSX is probably the most stable/problem free OS on the market.
We have OSX all in ones that are nearing 12 years old that still do everything great...and not one thing has been done to them.
Just doesn't happen on the PC side.
I am speaking of course of the desktop market and not servers, and there is no argument who wins that.
And BTW - just sayin, OSX servers were an abomination. OMG were they horrible. We bought two of them around 2001 I think it was....both mothballed within a year.

Apple, the original dataminers. Are you Manson, wtf?

Is this USMB or zelifcam?

Manson, zelefcam....eh?
:dunno:

And another thing, what is up with Win 10 devouring battery life in sleep mode??
Looking through Windows forums there are a billion complaints about it, but as usual - nothing useful from the M$ forum staff.
On many occasions we are sitting in the living room, the wives laptop is closed and not in use for hours - when it just springs to life and the cooling fan is in high gear. I have noticed several times when I open it up, several things happen -
A) The screen will not activate, you can hit any key(s) - nothing. OR -
B) You login but then it immediately soft reboots. OR -
C) You successfully login but the computer is very laggy for a good minute or two.

Just what the hell is M$ doing to a laptop that is not activated, and whatever programs are using so much memory that it forces the cooling fans to blow full steam, and ultimately will eat the battery life even to the point of not being able to power up without plugged in.

And another thing, what is up with Win 10 devouring battery life in sleep mode??
Looking through Windows forums there are a billion complaints about it, but as usual - nothing useful from the M$ forum staff.
On many occasions we are sitting in the living room, the wives laptop is closed and not in use for hours - when it just springs to life and the cooling fan is in high gear. I have noticed several times when I open it up, several things happen -
C) You successfully login but the computer is very laggy for a good minute or two.

Just what the hell is M$ doing to a laptop that is not activated, and whatever programs are using so much memory that it forces the cooling fans to blow full steam, and ultimately will eat the battery life even to the point of not being able to power up without plugged in.

If Win10 ever turns on my PC after I've shut it down, I'll probably immediately switch to 7. :lol:

If Win10 ever turns on my PC after I've shut it down, I'll probably immediately switch to 7. :lol:
Keep that Win 7 disc ready......... :eusa_whistle:

hBAADFB1F

Keep that Win 7 disc ready......... :eusa_whistle:

I'm planning on keeping my new PC almost entirely for games, at least for now. I'll use my second PC for school/web browsing/messing around. Hopefully that will limit the issues, but I won't be devastated if I have to go to 7 on the main.

New Topics

Forum List

Back