Windows 10 updates driving you insane ?

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Seems like every month they release another “ bug filled “ update and download that has more bugs than the Rain Forest
Last month the KB...351 was causing blue screens and freezes . I have much data I don’t want to lose !! I was terrified to install it and my 35 day extension only had a few days left .
Then I remembered to unplug the internet connect and it resets it another 35 days
All my files get back up into “ one drive “
So I assume if it crashes..I can go to 1 drive and all files are on the cloud
Very stressful

That's the reason I switched to Apple years ago. ... :cool:
After a decade of use, my MacBook Pro is still rock steady and never had a problem. Apple store updated operating system when needed for free. I changed the battery a couple of times, that's it. ... :thup:

Last edited:
After a decade of use, my MacBook Pro is still rock steady and never had a problem. Apple store updated operating system when needed for free. I changed the battery a couple of times, that's it. ... :thup:

Ha. Same here. I'm on a 2012 MacBook Pro now.

That is quite a testament. Though the only Apple I have is my Iphone, which has given me no problem.

My Mac's logic board or some thingamajig failed and I've had to rely on my Windows laptop since. Its been terrible. I've been looking for a justification to spend another $1,800 on a Mac...if this update is that bad...I may be able to "solve one problem with another" as James Madison said.

Apple Support will be of no help if the iMac is more than a few years old however independent shops have access to used and non-OEM parts. I had a very old 27" repaired with a new logic board about three months ago for about $300. Worked just fine but a tad slow as the used board was a generation earlier than the failed one.

As to Windows 10: Broadcast engineer I work with (I don't do Windows for anyone at any price) who bravely tends about 30 radio automation systems refuses to update client machines to Win 10. Came to that after one attempt at upgrading caused several days work getting the system to work at all again...and then only after reverting to the earlier version through great effort.

Friends don't let friends.......

I don't have a lot of problems with windows 10. Sometimes older software will get wonky until it gets a patch, but I have more problems with things like firefox and its add-ons than I do 10 proper.

I've been using Windows since the late 80's and I have never had the problems people whine and complain about.

However, every one of My wife's Apple products are slower than a frozen turd ball on a flat surface. Hell, My android phone runs circles around her iPhone.

Seems like every month they release another “ bug filled “ update and download that has more bugs than the Rain Forest
Last month the KB...351 was causing blue screens and freezes . I have much data I don’t want to lose !! I was terrified to install it and my 35 day extension only had a few days left .
Then I remembered to unplug the internet connect and it resets it another 35 days
All my files get back up into “ one drive “
So I assume if it crashes..I can go to 1 drive and all files are on the cloud
Very stressful
I just abandoned Edge because it demands Windows updates now.

I don't have a lot of problems with windows 10. Sometimes older software will get wonky until it gets a patch, but I have more problems with things like firefox and its add-ons than I do 10 proper.
Yeah I had Firefox and it drove me nuts

Should I just keep unplugging the internet connection every 30 days to delay any installs
I have massive back ups in. Dec and Jan every year
Maybe I should resume all installs only from Jan-March then unplug the next 9 months every 30 days
I know it sounds nuts

I think I will buy a chrome book in 2022 but they look very cheap and crappy

Should I just keep unplugging the internet connection every 30 days to delay any installs
I have massive back ups in. Dec and Jan every year
Maybe I should resume all installs only from Jan-March then unplug the next 9 months every 30 days
I know it sounds nuts
You can either in the options opt-in the mobile connections or use a tool like Ultimate Windows Tweaker. It can completely disable updates.
I for my part use LTSC Windows for companies. It doesn´t have such issues.

Forum List

Back