Wind Turbines Contributing to Man Made Global Warming

I hate to break this to you,
Sure, sure,.. pretend to address things, flay straw men, and bark, bark, bark.
Rinse and repeat..

Progress simply implies doing better than to what was done before, not perfection. You literally waste your life away tilting at windmills.

Your forgot to hurl in "commies"....apparently you missed your talking points for 23 October.
nope, marxist is commies, unless you want to speak specifically of communism, of the extinct USSR

but, other than that, what can we call the democrat party, with ole uncle sanders, your favorite presidential canididate that cant muster the power to overcome hillary, obama, and biden, ole uncle sanders, who did honeymoon in that old commie country, back when it was treating it's population as slaves, killing them in the the gulags.

Is that the commies, I missed?

The Democrat party has more labels for itself than a new car has legal warnings.

nope, marxist is commies, unless you want to speak specifically of communism, of the extinct USSR

but, other than that, what can we call the democrat party, with ole uncle sanders, your favorite presidential canididate that cant muster the power to overcome hillary, obama, and biden, ole uncle sanders, who did honeymoon in that old commie country, back when it was treating it's population as slaves, killing them in the the gulags.

Is that the commies, I missed?

The Democrat party has more labels for itself than a new car has legal warnings.
Did that sound as dumb in your head before you wrote it as it looks on the screen?

Rinse and repeat..

Progress simply implies doing better than to what was done before, not perfection. You literally waste your life away tilting at windmills.
And you addressed what? you made a comment you can not back up with any fact, and if you were to reply with anything other than a poor attempt at distraction I would respond with enough facts to push your comments into the opinion category.

Strawman? My OP is littered with facts and links and more facts. I am happy that your only reply is that tired old strawman accusation. Tired and posted so many times, by so many that have nothing else. A shame, it was not a thought, an insult, you were able to think up. Very tired indeed.

Strange...a few months ago when moderately cold Temperatures turned Texas into a frozen shit block....Windmills were blamed for that too.
Strange, windmills failed in texas, and now in europe and britain. But hey, you guys got the science to fix them, which is you only have to make them BIGGER.

Strange is calling anything associated with windmills, science.

I judge it by your response. You can not answer with any fact or any opinion based on your education or life experiences, that says enough for me. You can not refute my comments, they stand as fact.

Your comments stand as fact. Okay.

Your comments are bullshit. I guess my comments now stand as fact.

Rinse and repeat..

You are the moron promoting a technology that is centuries old you halfwit.

Here's a hint....that ain't progress.

All modern technologies are dependent upon the supply of fossil fuels and fossil energy that made them possible. Similarly, every step in the production of solar PV requires an input of fossil fuels - as raw materials, as carbon reductants for silicon smelting, for process heat and power, for transportation, and for balance of system components. Regardless of any intentions, no quantity of banknotes or any number of mandates can yield a single watt of power unless a significant expenditure of raw materials and fossil energy takes place as well.

This article introduces readers to the many types of fossil fuels that are used in PV
production, and notes some of the other fossil energy inputs that are necessary before the delivery
of a solar PV array can take place.

“Globe Metallurgical produces high purity silicon metal...Reactants consisting of coal, charcoal,
petroleum coke, or other forms of coke, wood chips, and quartz are mixed and added at the top of each
furnace...The submerged electric arc process is a reduction smelting operation...At high temperatures
in the reaction zone, the carbon sources react with silicon dioxide and oxygen to form carbon monoxide
and reduce the ore to the base metal silicon...The facility is a major source of emissions of sulfur dioxide,
carbon monoxide, hydrogen chloride and nitrogen oxides“

However, even if 100% free energy were available for all these processes, the ongoing production of PV is still heavily dependent on a supply of elemental carbon, which comes primarily from fossil fuels

2. Why is carbon needed for solar PV production? Elemental silicon (Si) cannot be found by itself anywhere in nature. It must be extracted from the
mineral quartz (SiO2) using carbon (C) and heat (from an electric arc) in the “carbothermic” (carbon
+ heat) reduction process called smelting (Si02 + 2C = Si + 2CO). Several commercially available solid fuels are typically used as carbon reductant sources in
silicon smelting. The smelting plant requires ~20 MWh of electricity and releases up to 5 - 6 tons
(t) of CO2 (and CO) for every ton of metallurgical grade (mg-Si) silicon that is smelted from ore. [6]

Thus, the first step of commercial solar PV production is gathering, transporting, and burning
millions of tons of coal, coke and petroleum coke - along with charcoal and wood chips made from
hardwood trees to smelt >97% pure mg-Si from quartz ore (silica rocks). [21-25]
This is the thing with renewables and electric vehicles that alarmists forget about, the carbon footprint in the manufacturing of this short life "earth saving" stuff.

Your comments stand as fact. Okay.

Your comments are bullshit. I guess my comments now stand as fact.
You can't even reply with common sense based on your education to even begin to discuss my facts.

You build wind and solar with coal. Millions of lbs. And there is no technology to replace the current process.

Last Updated on April 7, 2021 by Mary Pressler

texas wind power

A Snapshot of the Wind Power Industry in Texas

Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state. According to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power.
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Wind_power_in_Texas
View attachment 556104
nice, now add the capacity factor and subtract the, planed wind power, as the planed wind power don't really count cause it aint there, and adding the capacity factor gives something closer to the power it may provide.

Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state. According to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power.
Why not include the fact that, after all those Wind Turbines failed, the company that built them filed for bankruptcy?

Maybe Texas should of invested in more Nuclear power for 1% of the cost of wind?

Forum List

Back