Wind Turbine Fire Kills 2

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
Yes, this time for real. I can think of no worst way to die, than in a fire where I know that firemen can not rescue me. There is no way to fight a fire on top of a 250-400' Wind Turbine tower.

DEAD IN FIRE WIND TURBINE OOLTGENSPLAAT

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 by Audrey Graanoogst

A wind turbine caught fire Tuesday afternoon in Ooltgensplaat on Goeree-Overflakkee, costing the lives of two mechanics.Four mechanics were at work in the wind turbine on the Mariadijk, about 80 meters above ground, Tuesday afternoon. By a cause, yet unknown, a fire started in the engine room.

Two mechanics managed to get themselves to safety in time, reported a police spokesperson. Rescuers found the body of a deceased mechanic next to the wind turbine on the ground.

Because of the height the fire department initially had trouble extinguishing the fire in the engine room. In the evening, a special team of firefighters went up with a large crane, and found the body of the missing man.

The cause of the fire is unclear. The identity of the victims has not been disclosed. The Inspectorate for Social Affairs, formerly the Labour inspection, commenced an investigation.

An eyewitness reported to RTV Rijnmond she saw two mechanics sitting on the tip of the turbine. She saw them jump through the fire toward stairs

Geenstijl_30Oct2013.jpg

Again as I have asked on another thread where are the Americans killed by wind turbines?

A fire at 3-400 feet is not the fault of the turbine. These were mechanics. They obviously didn't climb up the turbine mast INTO a raging fire. They almost certainly CAUSED the fire.

People seem to think people are not being killed by wind turbines, so I thought I would bump this thread.
What?!
You, sir, are a complete dick.

So far Elektra has extreme bad weather and a pack of stupid mechanics as the cause of death involving wind turbines.

Extreme bad weather kills hundreds of thousands in the world every year. Let's outlaw bad weather.

Stupid mechanics and ESPECIALLY welders set off deadly fires many hundreds of times a year worldwide. Let's make it illegal to be stupid.

People seem to think people are not being killed by wind turbines, so I thought I would bump this thread.
What?!

So far Elektra has extreme bad weather and a pack of stupid mechanics as the cause of death involving wind turbines.

Extreme bad weather kills hundreds of thousands in the world every year. Let's outlaw bad weather.

Stupid mechanics and ESPECIALLY welders set off deadly fires many hundreds of times a year worldwide. Let's make it illegal to be stupid.
Even after having several days to think about his original post, he still thinks that it represents a logical argument in his bid to get rid of wind turbines.
I'm picking he's about 12 years old.

What?!

Did you hear about the wildfire in austalia, caused by a wind turbines great point. Yes I do agree, wind turbines are stupid mechanics, they never should of been built

What?!

Even after having several days to think about his original post, he still thinks that it represents a logical argument in his bid to get rid of wind turbines.
Nice troll, the logical reason to get rid of wind turbines is the 36 trillion dollar price tag or the fact the increase the use of oil or that the are not dependable and do not provide the energy we need.

Yes, this time for real. I can think of no worst way to die,

Is there a good way to die?

1 killed, 3 hurt in accident at Arkansas nuclear plant
Published March 31, 2013
Associated Press
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. – Entergy Arkansas says a worker was killed and three others injured when a heavy piece of equipment fell at a nuclear plant.

The utility says the public is not a risk after the industrial accident Sunday morning at its Arkansas Nuclear One plant in Russellville, about 70 miles northwest of Little Rock. Entergy says the workers were moving the equipment from the plant's turbine building.

What?!

Did you hear about the wildfire in austalia, caused by a wind turbines great point. Yes I do agree, wind turbines are stupid mechanics, they never should of been built
Or the one, also in Australia that killed 173 people caused by overhead lines?
The sort of overhead lines that have been in use since electricity distribution began.
What's to be done about that?

What?!

Nice troll, the logical reason to get rid of wind turbines is the 36 trillion dollar price tag or the fact the increase the use of oil or that the are not dependable and do not provide the energy we need.
So why are you bringing up this BS about them causing fires?

Yes, this time for real. I can think of no worst way to die,

Is there a good way to die?

1 killed, 3 hurt in accident at Arkansas nuclear plant
Published March 31, 2013
Associated Press
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. – Entergy Arkansas says a worker was killed and three others injured when a heavy piece of equipment fell at a nuclear plant.

The utility says the public is not a risk after the industrial accident Sunday morning at its Arkansas Nuclear One plant in Russellville, about 70 miles northwest of Little Rock. Entergy says the workers were moving the equipment from the plant's turbine building.
Compared to a wind turbines output of next to nothing, wind turbines are about 1,000,000x's more lethal. Further you need nuclear power to build and operate wind turbines.
What are you, ten years old, google is your deck cards? Go Fish

What?!

It's the truth.

What?!

The dude probably lives near a wind turbine and his pet parakeet got out and was killed by the wind machine.

What?!

The dude probably lives near a wind turbine and his pet parakeet got out and was killed by the wind machine.
Ah, no facts? Poor baby.

American wind power reaches major power generation milestones in 2013
March 5, 2014

Washington, D.C.- American wind power topped 4 percent of the U.S. power grid for the first time last year and has delivered 30 percent of all new generating capacity for the last five years. In Iowa and South Dakota, wind power now exceeds 25 percent of total electricity production. In nine states it provided more than 12 percent and in 17 states, more than five percent.

Wind power generated 4.13 percent of all the electricity in America in 2013 as the fifth largest electricity source in the U.S., according to the latest data from the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration (EIA). That is enough to power the equivalent of 15.5 million American homes, which is equivalent of all the residential households in Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio combined.

“Wind energy continues to make inroads as a major contributor to the U.S. power mix,” said Elizabeth Salerno, Vice President of Industry Data and Analysis for the American Wind Energy Association. “The electricity generated by American wind power has more than tripled since 2008 not only due to significant growth in new wind projects but also technology innovation leading to more productive wind turbines.” All renewable energy sources now deliver nearly 13% of the nation’s electricity.

And in just Texas alone, 36 million megawatt hours of electricity was produced by wind in 2013. Elektra, why do you continue your silly lying?

March 5, 2014

Washington, D.C.- American wind power topped 4 percent of the U.S. power grid for the first time last year and has delivered 30 percent of all new generating capacity for the last five years. In Iowa and South Dakota, wind power now exceeds 25 percent of total electricity production. In nine states it provided more than 12 percent and in 17 states, more than five percent.

Wind power generated 4.13 percent of all the electricity in America in 2013 as the fifth largest electricity source in the U.S., according to the latest data from the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration (EIA). That is enough to power the equivalent of 15.5 million American homes, which is equivalent of all the residential households in Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio combined.

“Wind energy continues to make inroads as a major contributor to the U.S. power mix,” said Elizabeth Salerno, Vice President of Industry Data and Analysis for the American Wind Energy Association. “The electricity generated by American wind power has more than tripled since 2008 not only due to significant growth in new wind projects but also technology innovation leading to more productive wind turbines.” All renewable energy sources now deliver nearly 13% of the nation’s electricity.

And in just Texas alone, 36 million megawatt hours of electricity was produced by wind in 2013. Elektra, why do you continue your silly lying?
??? It is 2015 Old Crock, your dated google search linking to the Wind Energy lobbying group AWEA is hardly credible.

Forum List

Back