Wind sprints at age 45 ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
My doctor brother told me that jogging is not the best thing at my age . Causes heart problems and knee damage etc
He said I need to find a track and do wind sprints
It will help me better to get in shape and for mma

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx

My doctor brother told me that jogging is not the best thing at my age . Causes heart problems and knee damage etc

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx

Swimming, but I am surprised your doctor is worried about jogging affecting your knees and not the mixed martial arts.

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
I do wind sprints on a football/soccer field near here even when there's a foot of snow on the ground. In fact, that's even better.

I've always preferred to exercise outdoors and at night. Wind sprints are a great full body exercise. As far as how many and how far you should sprint, that depends on what kind of physical shape you're in.

Just be careful about doing them on the street. I've been very aggressively stopped by the police who assumed I was fleeing the scene of a crime or something. "STOP! Get on the fuckin' ground! I'll blow your fuckin' head off motherfucker!"

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
What's your fitness level right now?

And you can do HIIT workouts and get the same effect as a wind sprint

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
Didn't you ask your doctor what he had in mind for frequency, breaks, and distance?

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
Just spend 4 grand for one of those silly mirrors that tell you what to do next.

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
Just spend 4 grand for one of those silly mirrors that tell you what to do next.
Those are the stupidest things I ever seen

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
Those are the stupidest things I ever seen
I used to stick my 5 dollar Billy Blanks tape into my 85 dollar vcr.

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx
You don’t need a track for wind sprints, at your age. Go outside and sprint. You’ll only go for about 10-20 seconds before you’ll need to stop.

Scientific evidence has proven jogging helps the heart and cardiovascular system. What he told you doesn't make sense. Buy a good pair of cushioned running shoes and start jogging. I'm 89 and do it every day.

Any idea how many ??
What break in between.
What distance in feet

Thx

In college I used to do wind sprints in the sand on the beach 3 times a week during the summer prior to the start of football season.

15 yard sprints, a one minute break between every 10 sprints, a total of 30 sprints. Difficult but worth it.

Many forms of running are good for the heart. Wind sprints included. Our bodies were created for running. Try a plant based diet for a short time I bet you feel better. Too many chemicals in american foods. Bad bad bad bad news.

It’s psychologically rewarding to choose when to turn off the electricity on the e-bike, similar to preparing one’s food for themselves rather than stand in a charity-mafia food line. Varying the route also presents a variety of challenges, because one does not choose the timing of events.

Badger’s analogy is relative and timely. Women joggers, for example, are susceptible to those exposed to charity lines, and a new temporary shelter just opened in the neighborhood has had women jumpy and on edge. Charity food lines and shelters will cause the prisoners to become psychically weak and over-sensitive. Our analogy extends to the wind sprinter or jogger because not surprisingly, women sensed the danger weeks before this event:

Madison, Wisconsin, 23 Mar 2021 U.S. News, Suspect Sought in Shooting at Madison Homeless Shelter
’....one man wounded by a shooter who is on the run....’

Badger saw the array of police vehicles converged on the shelter. The day before, an altercation occurred as the men were being loaded onto a bus. One hundred-fifty yards away from the shelter, a black woman lives in a shanty along the tracks, and is armed with a 10” butcher knife. Agreeing wholeheartedly with short bursts of expenditure, it is very easy to fall into a psychic laziness (The Fox and the Grapes), akin to shelter life, which is best opposed by discipline.

Differing from psychosomatics? According to Pubmed, there is also a genetic implication for wind sprints:

’....heavily dependent upon genetic traits....’

Forum List

Back