Wind farms, a benefit for all.

During my epic six week cross country trip in April and May, I lost count of how many wind farms I passed.

They are a scar on the face of this beautiful country...

Would you prefer to pas by coal strip mines, oil derricks or oil refineries?

Ill take a wind turbine
There's no easy answer. But, I can say this: I passed literally thousands of those turbines during my trip. I'm almost 59 years old, and I don't ever recall seeing thousands of oil refineries during any trip I've ever made in the past...
And I have flown over the this land and have seen the cancerous scars of strip and mountaintop mining. Then there is the pure ugliness of the tar sand mining.

While the GOP continues to fight a sane path to virtually unlimited energy, many people are already benefitting from the turbines.

Funny how you’re attacking the GOP for supposedly being against Wind. Yet in your video they credit Texas for not having a bunch of regulations and making it easy to set up wind turbines on farms. And Texas has embraced wind.

In all seriousness, wind is perfectly fine as a supplement power source, but it can never be the primary source of power for a large electric grid. It simply doesn’t have the ability to spin up power on demand. Not that idiots like you understand how power grids operate and what their biggest challenges are.

During my epic six week cross country trip in April and May, I lost count of how many wind farms I passed.

So you think this is so much prettier? And that says nothing about the watershed that destroys.
View attachment 502110
is that the grand canyon?....

“sUsTaInAbLe”

Casper-landfill-1.jpg
I have something that would generate wind power like no ones tomorrow

View attachment 502109
Well, we can tell where your mind is, and the status of your character by a post like that. I am glad you are not my neighbor.

While the GOP continues to fight a sane path to virtually unlimited energy, many people are already benefitting from the turbines.

Funny how you’re attacking the GOP for supposedly being against Wind. Yet in your video they credit Texas for not having a bunch of regulations and making it easy to set up wind turbines on farms. And Texas has embraced wind.

In all seriousness, wind is perfectly fine as a supplement power source, but it can never be the primary source of power for a large electric grid. It simply doesn’t have the ability to spin up power on demand. Not that idiots like you understand how power grids operate and what their biggest challenges are.

Wind and solar can supply all the energy we need and then some. We do not need nuclear, coal, or natural gas. There are many ways of storing energy, pumped, liquid air, batteries, ect. Yes, I fully understand the balancing of the grid. And that is why Tesla's Hornsdale battery in South Australia has been such a success. Financially, and in keeping their grid on line, even when a big generation plant dropped out unplanned.

Ill take a wind turbine
There's no easy answer. But, I can say this: I passed literally thousands of those turbines during my trip. I'm almost 59 years old, and I don't ever recall seeing thousands of oil refineries during any trip I've ever made in the past...
And I have flown over the this land and have seen the cancerous scars of strip and mountaintop mining. Then there is the pure ugliness of the tar sand mining.

I was unaware that we were mining tar sands here.

Where is that happening?

Not only that, but they cause Windmill Cancer
Not for birds as they kill birds on contact
So do cars
Is that why Eagles are lying dead under wind turbines?

OK kid
how many?
Eagles get hit by cars also

How many birds are killed in oil spills?
thanks for showing windmills are not the great thing some believe they are,,,
no matter what our energy needs are going to harm some animals,,

Wind is almost as inefficient as solar:

CapacityFactor2020-1200x675.png
What a dumb ass post. OK, by rated best output, wind and solar are not that efficient. Yet, in cost per watt, they beat all but hydropower, which is also a renewable.
1623864575075.png

Ill take a wind turbine

Where is that happening?
We were going to ship the resultant heavy crude across our nation for the benefit of China, in spite of the risks that imposed to our aquifers.

So do cars

OK kid
how many?

Remember that when entire species go extinct

So do cars

OK kid
how many?

thats happened thousands of times long before these energy sources ever existed,,

So do cars

OK kid
how many?

Everything that we do has some effect on the environment. After all, we still have the midden piles from our ancestors from thousands of years ago. But the turbines and solar have far less effect than mining coal, or drilling for oil. And that is not mentioning the environmental effects of using the products of the mining and drilling of those products.

Ill take a wind turbine

Where is that happening?

Who needs birds:

So do cars

OK kid
how many?

Entire species have gone extinct so that justifies the human race creating conditions where there is another great extinction event. My, what a stupid mindset.

So do cars

OK kid
how many?

thats happened thousands of times long before these energy sources ever existed,,
You are an simpleton that makes the argument that oil killed birds are bad and windmill killed birds are good.

Take your pills

Forum List

Back