Willie Nelson, Missy Elliott, Sheryl Crow, White Stripes, Kate Bush, Cyndi Lauper, Joy Division (New Order), RATM, George Michael to Rock Hall of Fame

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Last edited:
  • Banned
bullshit once again.....there are dozens of people from the 50's,60's,and 70's who contributed more to rock than any of these people who are still waiting to get in....the hall of bullshit....
i agree bro. but these are quality artists. if you're more old school, i respect that. i appreciate the old stuff myself and listen to it often

• Banned
bullshit once again.....there are dozens of people from the 50's,60's,and 70's who contributed more to rock than any of these people who are still waiting to get in....the hall of bullshit....
this video's just for you, bro!

See how the small minded and mental midgets take a light entertainment matter to extremes, OP .
No fun allowed by these cognitively rigid old timers ..
No personal opinions allowed .

Having said that, there should perhaps be a separate even more vaunted section for musical Gods and Goddesses ,as distinct from whatever super category these are all supposed to be .

Nothing against Cindy or the White Stripes but surely that's like calling a lovely snack a feast , imho

i love all these artists. quality music, even if Missy Elliot is not exactly rock. i hope we can honor the artists in this thread and give them proper recognition!

There isn't one of them who deserves to be in there, imho. Wille? What does he have to do with R&R other then putting on Farm Aid? Because he did an occasional number with Neil Young & Mellancamp?

I like Willie. But he's not R&R.

lol

We could see this coming even long before they inducted the Beatles in. Conway Twitty did more for rock n roll than that entire list. All of Atlantic REcord's and BArry Gordy's Motown stars got in, and they ain't R&R. I think Smokey Robinson is one the great producers, song writers, and vocalists ever, but he ain't rock n roll either.

Inducting rappers, and country stars into the Rock and Roll hall of fame simply makes a mockery of the entire concept...

lol

We could see this coming even long before they inducted the Beatles in. Conway Twitty did more for rock n roll than that entire list. All of Atlantic REcord's and BArry Gordy's Motown stars got in, and they ain't R&R. I think Smokey Robinson is one the great producers, song writers, and vocalists ever, but he ain't rock n roll either.
many of those people were influences on the rock people....they have a category for them....

Inducting rappers, and country stars into the Rock and Roll hall of fame simply makes a mockery of the entire concept...

Bob Wills could be squeezed in, mostly due to his influence on Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters and Bill Halley. Carl Perkins and Conway Twitty were rock n roll performers before they went country, so was Jerry Lee Lewis.

Forum List

Back