Zone1 Will You Hate the Two Witnesses When They Appear?

Based on the prophecy, OP, who do you believe ARE the two witnesses. Seens pretty clear to many if they know the history of those two. But then....always be ready for surprises.
I don't know. I only know they ARENT any two men from the past. They come in the SPIRIT of Elijah, but Elijah is dead and buried. Yes I know how he beliefs that he didn't die, but he did. He was transported to a place of safety after his work was finished.

Moses died but nobody knows where he was buried. Elijah, Enoch, and Jesus didn’t die.
The reason some propose Moses and Elijah is because one was the Lawgiver; the other known as the greatest prophet. Revelation noted they could turn water to blood and smite the earth with plagues, and Moses and Elijah fit that description as well. Probably the main reason some suggest Moses and Elijah is because those were the two who were with Jesus during his Transfiguration. John was there at the Transfiguration, and it probably made a lasting impression.

I have no ideas about the two witnesses, but if John was considering end times, it makes sense he might propose that Moses and Elijah would be there. Both were witnesses of God.

As we approach the Last Days, there will be signs to know the time is coming -- for those who can read the signs. The World will HATE these Two. Which side will you Choose?

I will not hold my breath awaiting anything that is prophesied by the Latter Day Saints to come true. These are the same people that claim "men will become gods". When the scriptures and the Spirit of Truth declares, ".....for I AM GOD and there is no other; I AM GOD and there are none like Me......." -- Isa. 46:9 The "LAST DAYS" of mankind, i.e, the last covenant between God and mankind has existed since the Day of Pentecost following the ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ around 33 A.D. (Acts 1-2)

Everyone......who can read modern English (ESV Translation) can learn from the Holy Spirit of Truth that inspired ALL SCRIPTURE (2 Tim. 3:16-17)....that is correct for doctrine, teaching, for REPROOF, for instruction in righteousness.....that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit of Truth as promised by Jesus Christ and prophesied by "Joel" form the O.T. prophecies that in the LAST DAYS (not the end of time, but the last days of mankind's covenant with the God of Creation) have come to pass and has existed for well over 2000 years (Acts 2:1-21)

The LAST DAYS began over 2000 years ago on the day of Pentecost 33 A.D. and will continue until Christ comes again (1 Cor. 10:11, 1 Tim. 4:1, 2 Tim. 3:1, Heb. 1:2, James 5:3, 1 Peter 1:20, 2 Peter 3:3, 1 John 2:18, Jude 18).

When Jesus comes back it will not be the beginning of the LAST DAYS....but the end of the LAST DAYS of mankind when the last enemy (Death) is destroyed. (1 Cor. 15:23-26), at the very last trumpet (vss 51-57), on the very last day (John 6:39, 40,44, 54; 11:24, 12:48). Jesus is not coming back to reign on earth for another 1000 years or even 1 day.....He will come back to judge the "quick" and the "dead" (2 Tim. 4:1).......and Hades (the realm of the dead at rest awaiting final judgment) will give up its dead and both the quick and the dead will be judged by the Content of the Books, The Word of Jesus Christ (John 12:48) and the Book of life.......a record of your life is compared to the teachings/words of Jesus found in THE BOOKS -- Rev. 20:13

I have a friend who nearly died....in the helicopter to a major hospital facility and then in the hospital. She tells me that she went to a place where it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen and there was a book there that she and another being, i assume Jesus...she does think it was him, and they reviewed her life. He asked her if she was ready or if she wanted to go home and she said, she wanted to go back to her home (on earth) and thereafter she became conscious and told her husband and the doctors.

As we approach the Last Days, there will be signs to know the time is coming -- for those who can read the signs. The World will HATE these Two. Which side will you Choose?

My Bible reading plan this year was the NT in a year. Previous to this year, I read the Bible in a year--twice in a row. Next year, I'm going to repeat the NT--so, same plan.

All this to say: this puts me at starting Revelation this past week.

Soon. It all will unfold soon.

My Bible reading plan this year was the NT in a year. Previous to this year, I read the Bible in a year--twice in a row. Next year, I'm going to repeat the NT--so, same plan.

All this to say: this puts me at starting Revelation this past week.

Soon. It all will unfold soon.

Can you post your schedule for reading Revelations? I’ll read the same portions you read and possibly start a thread about it.

The reason some propose Moses and Elijah is because one was the Lawgiver; the other known as the greatest prophet. Revelation noted they could turn water to blood and smite the earth with plagues, and Moses and Elijah fit that description as well. Probably the main reason some suggest Moses and Elijah is because those were the two who were with Jesus during his Transfiguration. John was there at the Transfiguration, and it probably made a lasting impression.

I have no ideas about the two witnesses, but if John was considering end times, it makes sense he might propose that Moses and Elijah would be there. Both were witnesses of God.
Elijah had already come (Mt 17:12). They didn't recognize him because they saw only John the Baptist.

The transfiguration was a vision of the passing from the Old Covenant glory of Moses and the prophets to the New Covenant glory of Christ and the kingdom.

As for the two witnesses, context, like always, matters.

As two olive trees (11:4), these witnesses could produce oil indefinitely, keeping the lampstands, i.e., the two assemblies of the unified church, alight forever. The Revelator borrowed imagery from Zechariah, who said that two olive trees were the anointed ones who stood by the Lord of the whole earth (4:11-14). In the previous verses, Zechariah likened Joshua the High Priest and Zerubbabel the Governor of Judea to two lampstands who flank a golden lampstand on either side, or the temple, the rebuilding of which Joshua and Zerubbabel were most instrumental in securing labor for. As Joshua and Zerubbabel stood on either side of the refurbished temple, relighting the lampstand, so the converted Jews and foreigners stood on either side of the new heavenly temple to forever keep it aflame.

the bugling desert - they have no triumph of good in their books, how they will be "saved" - their religions of servitude. messiah's.

the religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil ... only one will be hated by each side and the end will have one who lives - - till the heavens return - to decide their fate and those around them.

I pray i won't be fooled. However...due to my personal opinion of Gov't and my tendency to distrust of anything that assumes authority...i expect to be on the side of God during the Endtimes/Tribulation/GreatTribulation. I may miss the Rapture...due to that obtuseness, but i don't think i will worship the AntiChrist.
(The antichrist is the three in one mangod conjured from the depths of hell by Rome in 325 c.e.. This counterfeit Jesus does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.)

The two witnesses in revelation 11 are "two olive trees and the two lampstands" that have the power to destroy their enemies, control the weather and cause plagues.

This parallels Zechariah, "Then I asked the angel, “What are the two olive trees on the right and left of the lampstand?” And I questioned him further, “What are the two olive branches beside the two gold pipes from which the golden oil pours?” “Do you not know what these are?” he inquired. “No, my lord,” I replied. So he said, “These are the two anointed ones who stand attending the Lord of all the earth.”

These two are also mentioned in Daniel. "Then I, Daniel, looked, and before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank." (speaking to each other across the river of time) which parallels revelation 22, "on either side of the river, stood the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of "the tree" are for the healing of the nations." First two then one, The leaves of "the tree"

The key to discerning the identity of these two is in revelation 22 where it says the two trees of life have twelve kinds of fruit which is a direct reference to Jesus who had twelve disciples.

Jesus said that he would come again and that he was the first and the last. This shows that Jesus is the two witnesses, one Christ appearing two times in two bodies separated by time.

The purpose for leaves on the tree of life, in the middle of paradise, is for the healing of the nations, representing all of those people who maintain allegiance to the teachings of Jesus.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back