Will White Privilege End Affirmative Action?

Malcolm X never stated that he wanted "ALL white people dead".

Prior to his "change of heart", he advocated for seperation, not a race war.

He was also an advocate for black citizens DEFENDING themselves by any means necessary if attacked, instead of being passive, like MLK.

He said the white man is the devil and if a plane full of white people crashed it was Gods will to kill the devil.

He said the white man is the devil and if a plane full of white people crashed it was Gods will to kill the devil.
He did say that the white man was the devil, however as far as him saying that he wanted ALL white people dead, he never made that statement as you initially claimed that he did.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
He did say that the white man was the devil, however as far as him saying that he wanted ALL white people dead, he never made that statement as you initially claimed that he did.
Whites like Molly take that comment and ignore why it was said. The devil is evil and when X said what he did, whites were doing plenty of evil things. But like you said, X never advocated for the extermination of whites. He talked about separation because blacks and whites could not get along. But whites like Molly look for things they can use to avoid the truth of what the record shows.

It was implied by his remark about a plane with white people crashing being a good thing. Wtf else could he have meant?

It was implied by his remark about a plane with white people crashing being a good thing. Wtf else could he have meant?

Interesting. I looked for this alleged quote that you are speaking of, and could not find it, so feel free to post it.

Interesting. I looked for this alleged quote that you are speaking of, and could not find it, so feel free to post it.

So he ASSumed the whites on the plane had fathers who lynched blacks?

An excerpt from this article:

Not only that, but God has started slapping their planes down from the sky. Last year [1962] God brought down one of their planes loaded with crackers whose fathers had lynched your and my brothers and sisters. They were from your state, Lomax, down there in Georgia where both you and Mr. Muhammad come from. Now, long before that plane crash I predicted [in Los Angeles] that God was going to strike back at the devil for the way white cops brutalized our brothers in Los Angeles. When the plane fell, I said this was God’s way of letting his wrath be known. I said much the same thing when that submarine–the Thresher–went down to the bottom of the sea. Now for this I was called–names some of these Uncle Tom Negroes rushed into print to condemn me for what I had said. But what was wrong with what I said? Everybody has a God and believes that his God will deliver him and protect him from his enemies! Why can’t the black man have a God? What’s so wrong when a black man says his God will protect him form his white foe? If Jehovah can slay Philistines for the Jews, why can’t Allah slay crackers for the so-called Negro?

So he ASSumed the whites on the plane had fathers who lynched blacks?

An excerpt from this article:

Not only that, but God has started slapping their planes down from the sky. Last year [1962] God brought down one of their planes loaded with crackers whose fathers had lynched your and my brothers and sisters. They were from your state, Lomax, down there in Georgia where both you and Mr. Muhammad come from. Now, long before that plane crash I predicted [in Los Angeles] that God was going to strike back at the devil for the way white cops brutalized our brothers in Los Angeles. When the plane fell, I said this was God’s way of letting his wrath be known. I said much the same thing when that submarine–the Thresher–went down to the bottom of the sea. Now for this I was called–names some of these Uncle Tom Negroes rushed into print to condemn me for what I had said. But what was wrong with what I said? Everybody has a God and believes that his God will deliver him and protect him from his enemies! Why can’t the black man have a God? What’s so wrong when a black man says his God will protect him form his white foe? If Jehovah can slay Philistines for the Jews, why can’t Allah slay crackers for the so-called Negro?

Obviously this was a statement that should not have been made, even considering that it was made during a period in time that black citizens were being brutalized all over America.

However, self defense when attacked is definitely justifiable.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
It's funny how people like Molly think. Malcolm X's father was murdered by white klansmen and she can't understand why he might just harbor some dislike for whites. She is unable to notice 2 plus centuries of oppression to look for one comment she can use to diss somebody black.

It's funny how people like Molly think. Malcolm X's father was murdered by white klansmen and she can't understand why he might just harbor some dislike for whites. She is unable to notice 2 plus centuries of oppression to look for one comment she can use to diss somebody black.
I have relatives who were harmed and murdered by black men. I don’t hold grudges for all black people. And btw, I posted about Malcolm X because a statement was made about not believing someone could change their opinions, but X did.
You are a prime example of hating whites and calling them racist, when they clearly are not.

“Using publicly released reports, we examine the preferences Harvard gives for recruited athletes, legacies, those on the dean’s interest list, and children of faculty and staff (ALDCs). Among white admits, over 43% are ALDC. Among admits who are African American, Asian American, and Hispanic, the share is less than 16% each. Our model of admissions shows that roughly three quarters of white ALDC admits would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs. Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged.”
All that really shows is that legacies are largely white, as well as children of faculty and staff, which doesn't really back your claim of racism in this regard. Are you going to complain that recruited athletes are treated unfairly because most of them are white?

Now, why is it surprising when legacy admissions have preference? Their parents are likely to be donors to the school, and legacy admissions are one way to keep the money flowing.

I think whites like you really need to STFU about crutches when you guys have been riding in motorized wheelchairs with as much as whites have been given.

Learn to read because you're posting on the same cheesy poli board son.

“Using publicly released reports, we examine the preferences Harvard gives for recruited athletes, legacies, those on the dean’s interest list, and children of faculty and staff (ALDCs). Among white admits, over 43% are ALDC. Among admits who are African American, Asian American, and Hispanic, the share is less than 16% each.

Our model of admissions shows that roughly three quarters of white ALDC admits would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs.

Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged.”
Doesn't it make sense though, for most legacies to be white, given that most college students a generation ago were white? And I question whether the majority of athletic recruits are white, at least in the big sports.

All that really shows is that legacies are largely white, as well as children of faculty and staff, which doesn't really back your claim of racism in this regard. Are you going to complain that recruited athletes are treated unfairly because most of them are white?

Now, why is it surprising when legacy admissions have preference? Their parents are likely to be donors to the school, and legacy admissions are one way to keep the money flowing.
It shows that unqualified whites were admitted into Harvard over more qualified people of color.

Doesn't it make sense though, for most legacies to be white, given that most college students a generation ago were white? And I question whether the majority of athletic recruits are white, at least in the big sports.
Their parents were admitted because of racial discrimination. There are no big sports at Harvard. You're making excuses that you don't for non white people.

It shows that unqualified whites were admitted into Harvard over more qualified people of color.
Isn't that the complaint of the white and Asian kids forced to reach a higher SAT score than black students? IOW, there are all sorts of conditions that can get a student into school, beyond mere merit, and some of them benefit black students as well? How many white football or basketball players get athletic scholarships? What is the average SAT score of black admissions vs white and Asian? You can't just take one factoid and ignore the others.

Their parents were admitted because of racial discrimination. There are no big sports at Harvard. You're making excuses that you don't for non white people.
Actually, you can't make the case that a generation ago, black students were discriminated against. A generation is about 25 years, and if you want to make the case that Harvard was discriminating against black students in the late 90's, be my guest.

Forum List

Back