Will Trump Knee-Cap the GOP in November?

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Like he did in the Georgia Senate run-off?

Probably not. The Democrats are doing so badly that it’s hard seeing them not losing the House.

But if Trump’s fragile ego keeps The Big Lie and the 1/6 in the public’s mind, instead of picking up 30-40 seats in the House, they might only pick up 10-20. And they might not win the Senate.

That red-meat rhetoric is expected to play well with Trump’s hardcore base, but Republicans say it’s not effective for winning over the swing voters the party needs this November at a time when President Biden’s low approval ratings are blowing wind in the GOP’s sails.​

“It doesn’t make sense to me in the current political climate. While almost every Republican on the ballot wants to be talking about the present and the future, inflation, the economy, schools and parents, he seems focused on talking about the past,” said GOP strategist David Kochel. “It just really gets in the way of what’s working right now for Republicans.”​

Republicans for more than a year have grimaced over Trump’s rhetoric surrounding the Capitol riot, which unsuccessfully sought to overturn President Biden’s 2020 victory. But Trump has doubled down in recent weeks on his bombast.​

Trump recently said that Pence could have unilaterally “overturned” the Electoral College results when Congress met to certify them last year, suggested imprisoned rioters are being treated “so unfairly” and called for protests against prosecutors investigating his efforts to overturn the election.​

Earth to Democrat Activists....

People care about inflation, Russia-Ukraine, men competing as females in sports, cops being shot, crime out of control, left wing homos molesting kids in public education, the debt and the deficit....

TDS is apparently like OxyContin = highly addictive and very difficult to quit

The former POTUS is lionized by the majority of Republican voters. He is still the leader of the GOP.

The Democratic Party is getting hit by a red wave regardless of his rhetoric…

Probably not. The Democrats are doing so badly that it’s hard seeing them not losing the House.

But if Trump’s fragile ego keeps The Big Lie and the 1/6 in the public’s mind, instead of picking up 30-40 seats in the House, they might only pick up 10-20. And they might not win the Senate.
That red-meat rhetoric is expected to play well with Trump’s hardcore base, but Republicans say it’s not effective for winning over the swing voters the party needs this November at a time when President Biden’s low approval ratings are blowing wind in the GOP’s sails.​

“It doesn’t make sense to me in the current political climate. While almost every Republican on the ballot wants to be talking about the present and the future, inflation, the economy, schools and parents, he seems focused on talking about the past,” said GOP strategist David Kochel. “It just really gets in the way of what’s working right now for Republicans.”​

Republicans for more than a year have grimaced over Trump’s rhetoric surrounding the Capitol riot, which unsuccessfully sought to overturn President Biden’s 2020 victory. But Trump has doubled down in recent weeks on his bombast.​

Trump recently said that Pence could have unilaterally “overturned” the Electoral College results when Congress met to certify them last year, suggested imprisoned rioters are being treated “so unfairly” and called for protests against prosecutors investigating his efforts to overturn the election.​

Weird, uncharted waters. Still.

It may also end up being a "quantity vs. quality" thing, where we see a flood of absurd talk radio rube types like MTG and Boebert winning in easy-to-win GOP areas and the more pragmatic types winning in tougher areas.

Nine months is a long time. Inflation could calm down, more nutty shit could come out on Jan6. But I do think we might see a lot of the MTG/Boebert pollution when this is all said and done.

It won't make any difference, Democrats will be knee-capping themselves.

wamose
I agree. The Dems have already shot themselves in the ass and they will lose the House and the Senate in 2022.

They keep bringing up 1/6 when most people couldn't care less. They are worried about inflation, rising gas prices and inflation not 1/6.

Trump is worth 10,000 Bidungs.

I don't think so either, but the progressives are destroying their own party's center just as Trump fans are doing to the gop.

TDS is apparently like OxyContin = highly addictive and very difficult to quit
... indeed. But you are missing the point.
A HUGE percentage of Americans are strung out anti-Trump addicts. And they vote. Maybe you remember just who exactly is President right now. A senile old man who can't get off of a stage without assistance.
You damn right the Democrats are self igniting. They are toast. beating them will be a walk in the park. Truly.
But not if Trump runs. Then it stops being about just how fucked up the Democrats have made everything - and it becomes about Trump. We been down that road. The Democrats put up the creepy Uncle and a sidekick that is a laughing hyena. And they WON.
I disagree with a lot that Toro says, strangely I didn't use to till after Trump became President... kind of my point.
He is right, millions in this country will walk across broken glass if necessary to vote against him. They would more likely rather see the country burn than Trump be President again.

Last edited:
I don't think so either, but the progressives are destroying their own party's center just as Trump fans are doing to the gop.
The legend of Trump grows as you continue to destroy him. You even ph uked with his wife and youngest child.

The Democratic Party is getting hit by a red wave regardless of his rhetoric…
His rhetoric will be a largely secondary cause for the losses by the Left. Their own failed policies are what will take them down. They are already talking about the '22 election being "illegitimate" due to their voting rights reforms being denied. They seem to have decided to be like the kid who gets pissy and takes his ball and goes home.

The Dems are total screwed, need we remind them "it's the economy stupid". Sky high prices and inflation alone would take them down. Add to that out of control crime. Out of control border security. Their Dem nazi mask BS. It's like the Dems want to destroy themselves.

Trump will stand on the sidelines pointing and laughing at Dems, saying I told you so. :auiqs.jpg:

I guess democrats are pretty much conceding the mid terms. The country is falling apart and Canadian truckers are set to invade. I guess Trump and the electoral college is all they have left to talk about.

Liberals really are stupid. Continued focus on Trump is not a viable path forward. The reason they will be demolished in Nov is because they care more about trying to denigrate the right than governing. They offer feeble excuses, yet no solutions. Endlessly whine about things that are unrelated to the daily troubles people face. This thread is just one more example of how out of touch with reality the left really are.

Forum List

Back