Will they now call this a Landslide?

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So, All over the Liberal media last night. They were wisely saying that Obama in his speech needed to acknowledge that this was a very close race, and he does not have a Mandate.

I didn't hear that from Obama last night, and now the Liberal Media and Libs in here seem to be suggesting Obama won Big, Obama won in a land slide. Despite the fact that the Votes were extremely close in the battle ground states.

So my question is, for Dems in here. Do you think Obama won in a land slide last night? Do you think last night was a mandate for Obama to Push his Agenda with out compromise. Or do you think the Voters last night said they want Both sides to drop the Partisan BS, and work together?

electorally? possibly.....but there is no mandate. Bush thought he had one at what a 2% win and got his ass handed to when he tried to tackle SS.

electorally? possibly.....but there is no mandate.

There is more to an EC landslide than just winning states. If you won those states by Tiny Margins less than 1% of the total Vote in the State, I don't see how you can call that a Landslide.

What do you mean by compromise? If you mean a way of two sides giving things up and meeting in the middle to form consensus and solutions? Yeah....

If you mean Republicans holding their collective breaths in fillibuster and further stagnating this country? No.

BOTH sides are going to have to work together, and Boehner is going to have to get his House in order....no more caving in to the crazy demands of the Tea Party caucus. He needs to bring the GOP back to respectability.

If the Tea Party doesn't like it, they can hijack another party....like the Constitution Party, or make themselves a third party of their own.

i listened to obama's speech last night, and i didn't hear anything to indicate that he thought he had a mandate.

quite the opposite, imo.

winning Virgina, Ohio and a few states that are typically red states shows me a smidgen of a mandate. You dont get a second term and not gain some sort of mandate.

The mandate is not on Obama rather Congress. If they dont do the peoples work and compromise we will see a huge loss for the GOP in 2014. do the work, maybe the GOP can have a brighter future.

i listened to obama's speech last night, and i didn't hear anything to indicate that he thought he had a mandate.

quite the opposite, imo.

Neither did I, but I also didn't really hear him acknowledge just how Divided this country is according to last nights results either.

And yes, I do think Compromise means both sides meeting in the Middle, and I very much hope it happens.

So, All over the Liberal media last night. They were wisely saying that Obama in his speech needed to acknowledge that this was a very close race, and he does not have a Mandate.

I didn't hear that from Obama last night, and now the Liberal Media and Libs in here seem to be suggesting Obama won Big, Obama won in a land slide. Despite the fact that the Votes were extremely close in the battle ground states.

So my question is, for Dems in here. Do you think Obama won in a land slide last night? Do you think last night was a mandate for Obama to Push his Agenda with out compromise. Or do you think the Voters last night said they want Both sides to drop the Partisan BS, and work together?

I think the margin of victory was impressive considering how cocksure Conservatives were of a Romney victory...they even had me wondering.

electorally? possibly.....but there is no mandate.

There is more to an EC landslide than just winning states. If you won those states by Tiny Margins less than 1% of the total Vote in the State, I don't see how you can call that a Landslide.

its a matter of perspective, and I admit my perception was off, but, Romney eeking out NC and winning Indiana, while obama took everything else, even at 1-2 points? electorally over 300 ( probably 330) in this context, I'd say its a 'sand' slide at least;)

winning Virgina, Ohio and a few states that are typically red states shows me a smidgen of a mandate. You dont get a second term and not gain some sort of mandate.

The mandate is not on Obama rather Congress. If they dont do the peoples work and compromise we will see a huge loss for the GOP in 2014. do the work, maybe the GOP can have a brighter future.

Again, By Razor thin Margins.

49% of Americans Voted Against Obama last night. I sure hope he keeps that in mind now.

I also think the Republicans should cave immediately on Raising Taxes on the Rich, and Immigration Reform.

But I don't hold out hope for either side being willing to Compromise enough.

I think were fucked.

quite the opposite, imo.

Neither did I, but I also didn't really hear him acknowledge just how Divided this country is according to last nights results either.

And yes, I do think Compromise means both sides meeting in the Middle, and I very much hope it happens.

me too.

i think in the context of a victory speech he acknowledged the country's division, he said he would meet with mitt and the opposition and try to find common ground.

people have run out of patience with the bullshit on both sides.

the pols need to write a budget and figure out how to pay for it.

some things need to be cut and some taxes need to be raised, imo.

neither by itself will get us out of the hole we've all dug for ourselves.

and yes, both sides need to give

/soapbox

very true, I agree. However, Obama winning VA would be like WI going Romney, it would mean a lot. So, in that sense, yes, these is a mandate but I think Obama knows better than to go out and do what Bush II did and blow his load.

I also think the Republicans should cave immediately on Raising Taxes on the Rich, and Immigration Reform.

wow, okay. We agree, big time. Taxes, the GOP needs to just grow up and help pay for the cost of the wars and tax breaks, its a no brainer. However, the immigration, well we need to do this right, its very complicated. I dont knwo if the GOP will cave on immigration, I do think they must cave on taxes, its a common sense move.

What do you mean by compromise? If you mean a way of two sides giving things up and meeting in the middle to form consensus and solutions? Yeah....

If you mean Republicans holding their collective breaths in fillibuster and further stagnating this country? No.

BOTH sides are going to have to work together, and Boehner is going to have to get his House in order....no more caving in to the crazy demands of the Tea Party caucus. He needs to bring the GOP back to respectability.

If the Tea Party doesn't like it, they can hijack another party....like the Constitution Party, or make themselves a third party of their own.

first this filibuster thing is a dead end in that you guys had the senate with a supra majority for an entire session and the house and WH, and a simple majority in the senate and the house till Jan. 2011 where in the house switched.

The filibuster which the reps used in the second year was a gentleman agreement between Reid and McConnell , there was no holding the floor etc. Since the house went rep. Boehner has sent bills to the senate...and?

so that stagnating crack is not very accurate.

Boehner get his house in order? will Reid get his side in order? or is this the usual one way street?

49% of Americans Voted Against Obama last night. I sure hope he keeps that in mind now.

I think were fucked.

if crafted sensibly I am on board with the immigration reform, but the tax issue?

$ 80Bn a year on a $1.3 Trillion dollar budget deficit? Bupkas...but, I have said so before and will again as an extension of comity I would be on board anyway, BUT, not without MAJOR spending cuts. I would be on board if I didn't think, no, know that they will just piss it away.

I think were fucked.

He doesn't give a rat's ass. The only thing that's important to someone like him is power.

Boehner get his house in order? will Reid get his side in order? or is this the usual one way street?

to be fair, Boehner had the "grand bargain" on the table till that nitwit Eric Cantor and the tea party did what they do and did nothing at all. Maybe Obama and Boehner can get back to where they were and tell Cantor to go kick rocks.

Last edited:

to be fair, Boehner had the "grand bargain" on the table ill that nitwit Eric Cantor and the tea party did what they do and did nothing at all. Maybe Obama and Boehner can get back to where they were and tell Cantor to o kick rocks.

Uhm no, Obama heard Reid had a handshake deal with McConnell for revenue and he went back to Boehner for more and blew up the deal as Boehner said no. He wanted to be the big man on campus and close the deal, but...alas....

well, either way, its not difficult, raise taxes to offset the wars and tax breaks while cutting early and often.

I think the margin of victory was impressive considering how cocksure Conservatives were of a Romney victory...they even had me wondering.
^^this

When people are talking about the map going all red, a landslide for Romney etc etc, it can make an Obama victory feel stunning.

to be fair, Boehner had the "grand bargain" on the table till that nitwit Eric Cantor and the tea party did what they do and did nothing at all. Maybe Obama and Boehner can get back to where they were and tell Cantor to go kick rocks.

Cantor's a backstabbing son of a bitch....He wants Boehner's job. Never thought I would defend Boehner with his "hell no you can't" tirades and his weepy eyes....but I think I may have misjudged him.....I think Cantor's a snake.

Forum List

Back