Will They Do It?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
There is a lot of hubbub around here these days concerning the possibility that the Boston Celtics may become the first NBA team to hire a female head coach. The woman they have in mind has some limited experience coaching at the college level and has been at the assistant level for the Celtics for one year. She may or may or may not have the experience for the job but the issue has already taken on a political life of its own. We’ll have to see what happens.

There is a lot of hubbub around here these days concerning the possibility that the Boston Celtics may become the first NBA team to hire a female head coach. The woman they have in mind has some limited experience coaching at the college level and has been at the assistant level for the Celtics for one year. She may or may or may not have the experience for the job but the issue has already taken on a political life of its own. We’ll have to see what happens.
I hope not. Just hire Billups. She doesn't have the experience and obviously has never played in the NBA. Cs need a coach who used to play to get Tatum and Brown to the next level.

I hope not. Just hire Billups. She doesn't have the experience and obviously has never played in the NBA. Cs need a coach who used to play to get Tatum and Brown to the next level.
Unfortunately, you know how it works when politics gets involved especially around here. At this point, if they don’t hire her the woke folk will go berserk. It would be nice if they chose a coach that would help the Cs win another title instead of trying to win over the politically correct crowd. If a woman is the coach who can do that outstanding, bring her in. If the person who can do that is an albino Siamese twin with three eyeballs, great bring that creature in.

Unfortunately, you know how it works when politics gets involved especially around here. At this point, if they don’t hire her the woke folk will go berserk. It would be nice if they chose a coach that would help the Cs win another title instead of trying to win over the politically correct crowd. If a woman is the coach who can do that outstanding, bring her in. If the person who can do that is an albino Siamese twin with three eyeballs, great bring that creature in.
If they hire Billups, I believe people will be cool with it.

You are now officially sexist and must be destroyed by the forces of woke. Surrender yourself at the nearest Starbucks and/or yoga studio. Resistance is futile.

Last edited:
You are now officially sexist and must be destroyed by the forces of woke. Surrender yourself at the nearest Starbucks and or yoga studio. Resistance is futile.
LOL

Got me!

If you never won a NBA championship you should never be a NBA head coach. Even if you were an assistant coach and your team won I say that would make you qualified. You know what an organization did from pre season to winning a championship. You witnessed it daily. You were a part of it. Only a champion should ever be a head coach. Not Charles Barkley. He can only tell you what it takes to get to the finals not win. Patrick Ewing should not be coaching.

If you never won a NBA championship you should never be a NBA head coach. Even if you were an assistant coach and your team won I say that would make you qualified. You know what an organization did from pre season to winning a championship. You witnessed it daily. You were a part of it. Only a champion should ever be a head coach. Not Charles Barkley. He can only tell you what it takes to get to the finals not win. Patrick Ewing should not be coaching.
Billups has won

Billups has won
You don't have to tell me I'm a Piston fan. We came sooo close to a back to back championship if it weren't for this guy

1622836361595.png

And as much as I appreciate Chauncey winning for us in 2004 I truly believe he was in on the fix too in 2005. If you watch the way he plays games 6 and 7 it was so obvious. I would have never known but my buddy stopped over and told me Chauncey was throwing the games and when you watched it knowing he was throwing the game it was so obvious. The turnovers, charges, fouls and missed shots. I kept yelling to the coach TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME but he was Mr. Big Shot so they kept him in. Maybe the coach was in on it too.

Billups has won
You don't have to tell me I'm a Piston fan. We came sooo close to a back to back championship if it weren't for this guy

View attachment 497365
And as much as I appreciate Chauncey winning for us in 2004 I truly believe he was in on the fix too in 2005. If you watch the way he plays games 6 and 7 it was so obvious. I would have never known but my buddy stopped over and told me Chauncey was throwing the games and when you watched it knowing he was throwing the game it was so obvious. The turnovers, charges, fouls and missed shots. I kept yelling to the coach TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME but he was Mr. Big Shot so they kept him in. Maybe the coach was in on it too.
Ooohhh I like it! Major conspiracy theory

Billups has won

View attachment 497365
It's not that far fetched. I mean we do know that corrupt ref officiated the finals in 2005 and he was later found to have rigged games.

Billups has won

View attachment 497365
It's not that far fetched. I mean we do know that corrupt ref officiated the finals in 2005 and he was later found to have rigged games.
It’s definitely possible. I do recall Billups struggling

The guy who won the pistons the 2004 title and they lost in 7 games in 2005

Those 2004 pistons are one of the best Cinderella stories in NBA history and they beat the mighty Lakers

There have been many mediocre players in various sports who have proven to be excellent coaches and managers. In fact, the top players often lack the insight to coach average players.

No valid reason why a woman can't coach in the NBA, if she knows basketball. No reason why a man can't coach in women's sports. It is my impression that most coaches are actually teams of coaches who work together to make the whole thing work.

There have been many mediocre players in various sports who have proven to be excellent coaches and managers. In fact, the top players often lack the insight to coach average players.

No valid reason why a woman can't coach in the NBA, if she knows basketball. No reason why a man can't coach in women's sports. It is my impression that most coaches are actually teams of coaches who work together to make the whole thing work.
That's true. Assistant coaches are important.

Forum List

Back