Will There Be a Third Party Candidate?

Oct 12, 2011
Presuming Romney or Cain get's the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party back either of them? And if they won't, who will they draft to run in the general election?

Presuming Romney or Cain get's the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party back either of them? And if they won't, who will they draft to run in the general election?

I think there is a very good chance that the TEA party will absolutely try to sabotage whoever the GOP nominates. They are just crazy enough to do it.

Extremists are, by definition, unstable people.

I'm a Tea Partier but I won't pretend to speak for all of us. We are a diverse bunch. That said, I still believe that we will back whomever is the GOP candidate. The most important thing for the TP to do right now is to send Barack Hussein Obama packing.

To answer the title of the tghread, I believe that if Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, and he won't, he will run separately as he did in 2008.

And lose just as badly, I'm afraid.

I'm a Tea Partier but I won't pretend to speak for all of us. We are a diverse bunch. That said, I still believe that we will back whomever is the GOP candidate. The most important thing for the TP to do right now is to send Barack Hussein Obama packing.

To answer the title of the tghread, I believe that if Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, and he won't, he will run separately as he did in 2008.

-It sure will be interesting to follow.

Ron Paul didn't run separately in 2008. He endorsed the Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin in the general.

Hmmm...sure about that?

Yes. He never announced any official candidacy for the 2008 general. Some states placed his name on the ballot for other 3rd party spots which he allowed them to do with the caveat that he doesn't sign anything and make it an official candidacy.

Otherwise he was written in.

Forum List

Back