What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will There Be a Third Party Candidate?

Reaction score
Presuming Romney or Cain get's the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party back either of them? And if they won't, who will they draft to run in the general election?

candycorn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Presuming Romney or Cain get's the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party back either of them? And if they won't, who will they draft to run in the general election?

I think there is a very good chance that the TEA party will absolutely try to sabotage whoever the GOP nominates. They are just crazy enough to do it.

Extremists are, by definition, unstable people.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Reaction score

They will back Cain. If it's Mitt, they will back Paul as a 3rd party runner and ensure that big 0 gets the win.

PredFan

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a Tea Partier but I won't pretend to speak for all of us. We are a diverse bunch. That said, I still believe that we will back whomever is the GOP candidate. The most important thing for the TP to do right now is to send Barack Hussein Obama packing.

To answer the title of the tghread, I believe that if Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, and he won't, he will run separately as he did in 2008.

And lose just as badly, I'm afraid.

Toro

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A better question is whether that douchebag Ralph Nader is going to run?

OP
Hardball_Refuge
Reaction score
I'm a Tea Partier but I won't pretend to speak for all of us. We are a diverse bunch. That said, I still believe that we will back whomever is the GOP candidate. The most important thing for the TP to do right now is to send Barack Hussein Obama packing.

To answer the title of the tghread, I believe that if Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, and he won't, he will run separately as he did in 2008.

-It sure will be interesting to follow.

Paulie

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Ron Paul didn't run separately in 2008. He endorsed the Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin in the general.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Exposing PoliticalChic as a fraud. Every day.
A better question is whether that douchebag Ralph Nader is going to run?
No. He's way too old. He was too old in 2000! You would never know it to look at him, though. Some people, like Nader and Regis Philben, just have amazingly good DNA.

Paulie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...sure about that?

Yes. He never announced any official candidacy for the 2008 general. Some states placed his name on the ballot for other 3rd party spots which he allowed them to do with the caveat that he doesn't sign anything and make it an official candidacy.

Otherwise he was written in.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$115.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List