Will the Red Sox season end tonight...

Somebody has to take the fall, and it's not like their going to fire the whole team. Between Tito and Theo I'd say it's about 50/50. Theo's free agent signings haven't exactly panned out for the most part, but still, there is no excuse for Tito not getting this team into the postseason.

Imo the biggest thing that hurt the Sox this year were injuries. Buchholz in the rotation from June to September gives the Sox at least a handful more wins most likely. It seems like one of the hardest spots to fill with quality person is manager, and I really have no idea which direction they'll go in. It just seems to add more uncertainty to a situation that doesn't need it.

I don't think you can hang going 7-20 in September on injuries.

No not entirely, but you can't discount the impact it had over the course of the second half of the season. When Kyle Weiland, Andrew Miller, and Eric Bedard are starting for you in September you're going to have problems.

Imo the biggest thing that hurt the Sox this year were injuries. Buchholz in the rotation from June to September gives the Sox at least a handful more wins most likely. It seems like one of the hardest spots to fill with quality person is manager, and I really have no idea which direction they'll go in. It just seems to add more uncertainty to a situation that doesn't need it.

No not entirely, but you can't discount the impact it had over the course of the second half of the season. When Kyle Weiland, Andrew Miller, and Eric Bedard are starting for you in September you're going to have problems.

You forgot Wakefield. :D

Sure Buchholz was worth a few wins during that time. Yet despite losing him for that length of time we were still up nine games in September. How was his injury effecting things then?

The truth is that even with the garbage they were putting on the hill every day they still had every opportunity to seal things up. They couldn't do it because they couldn't play fundamental baseball.

They couldn't catch the ball.
They couldn't throw the ball.
They couldn't run the bases.
They couldn't bunt the ball.
They couldn't situationally hit.
They couldn't manufacture runs.

How many days and nights did we see clear mistakes cost us games?

They couldn't do anything right. I was as if they all came down with a severe case of the yips.

The Red Sox sacrificed the 2011 season for Tim Wakefield's 200th win.

I hope he is happy.

:razz:

I hope he is happy.

:lol: That was the best moment of the entire year! Wake is such a class act and team player, you can be sure he is not happy when his team loses...

tim_wakefield_200.jpg

I think it's pretty safe to say that was the last win of his career. :(

FYI - I just read that Tito is gone!

Francona's tenure reportedly to end
Terry Francona's run as manager, during which the Sox won two World Series, reportedly will end as the team has decided not to exercise its option on his contract. More » The Official Site of The Boston Red Sox | redsox.com: Homepage

I hope he is happy.

oh, bullshit
if they had somebody else, they would have piyched him

T & R did a curse of dale arnold bit that i only caught a part of, but it was pretty funny

he leaves the bruins; they win
he comes to the sox; they lose

i saw in the paper that that fat dwarf over at eei took a salary hit.

it would have made my week, if i was that petty.

oh, wait, i am :lol:

I hope he is happy.

oh, bullshit
if they had somebody else, they would have piyched him

T & R did a curse of dale arnold bit that i only caught a part of, but it was pretty funny

he leaves the bruins; they win
he comes to the sox; they lose

i saw in the paper that that fat dwarf over at eei took a salary hit.

it would have made my week, if i was that petty.

oh, wait, i am :lol:

:lol:

Great point about Dale!

But it could also be the curse of Lebron James has befallen the Red Sox.......

I got a smile when I read about O getting a haircut as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back