Will the Plague of "Work At Homers" End Now?

1000 seems to be the new "rush hour" in my AO, that's when the Homers all head into town.
Well just plan around that. With today's tech it is more efficient and cost effective for many jobs to be done at home. There are many societal advantage s to this. More supervision of children by parents being home. Less gas being used going back and forth to work. Less cars on the road. Less wear and tear on cars and roads. Evolution of the work place will continue

I think the corporations prefer people working from home. People are more productive, take less time off ,no chit chat and they use their own internet service.
the digital world cannot compare to the real world.

And people are walking their dogs, doing laundry, experimenting with recepies in the kitchen and taking long naps. And while miss kitty is standing on the keyboard for 5 minutes while the entire zoom world goes "oh how cute" nothing is getting done.
Over the past couple years what with the covid and all the "work at Homers" have been cluttering up the streets/stores at the time us retired folks usually have free reign of same.

Hopefully with today's SCOTUS decision more of them will be called back in to work where the mindless office drones need to be in the mid-morning/afternoon hours instead of galavanting about town on their employer's dime. ;)

Yeah, I know.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg
At first I thought you misspelled galivanting but then thought you didn't. But actually, I think you might have. Perhaps if it were not for all these dang clouds it would be easier to tell.

And people are walking their dogs, doing laundry, experimenting with recepies in the kitchen and taking long naps. And while miss kitty is standing on the keyboard for 5 minutes while the entire zoom world goes "oh how cute" nothing is getting done.

At first I thought you misspelled galivanting but then thought you didn't. But actually, I think you might have. Perhaps if it were not for all these dang clouds it would be easier to tell.
Well …speaking as someone who has been on intermittent FMLA ( for several years) due to my mom’s advanced COPD. Working from home is great for working around appointments,physical therapy and errands. As long as I work an 8 hr day they don’t really have an issue with when I log in or out. Now…if I were in office I would be constantly taking off to do this stuff and not completing shifts or work.

I’m sure it can be abused. But for me and the folks I work with that have kids…it’s been pretty great.

I found two spellings for the word and went with the one that sounded-out right to me. ;)

Over the past couple years what with the covid and all the "work at Homers" have been cluttering up the streets/stores at the time us retired folks usually have free reign of same.

Hopefully with today's SCOTUS decision more of them will be called back in to work where the mindless office drones need to be in the mid-morning/afternoon hours instead of galavanting about town on their employer's dime. ;)

Yeah, I know.

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg
Nassau County's highways and all the NYC highways have been packed to the gills for the last2 months.
If everybody's still working at home, who the hell is on the road?

Forum List

Back