Will the National GOP learn from Virginia?

[
They wouldn't work in today's world. In the 50s, there was no China, no Japan, no India, no South Korea, No Russia, no Germany, and by extension no EU to compete with as they were all leveled during World War Two(and thus rebuilding) or still third world economies. America had no competitors, so it could afford to make itself uncompetitive and feel no adverse effects. That simply wouldn't be the case in a globalized economy.

Um, guess what, I checked a 1950 map, and all those countries were on it. Except Russia was called the USSR back then. ANd there were two Germanies. But other than that, all those countries were on the map.

The problem with a globalized economy is that we let people who don't play by the rules play.

We need to dump "Free Trade" and institute "Fair Trade". If you are being more competitive by killing your own people, we aren't going to trade with you.

It seems kind of sensible, really.
You dumb twat, no shit they existed. The point is they were all either bombed to hell from WW2 or still third world countries(China, South Korea and India weren't even emerging economies at the time). So high taxes and high regulation in a globalized society with free trade and multiple competing economic powers just wont work, business will go elsewhere.

It is true, you could institute tariffs to protect industry(which I agree with in certain cases), but you have to provide incentive for industry to remain in your country in the first place.

[
They wouldn't work in today's world. In the 50s, there was no China, no Japan, no India, no South Korea, No Russia, no Germany, and by extension no EU to compete with as they were all leveled during World War Two(and thus rebuilding) or still third world economies. America had no competitors, so it could afford to make itself uncompetitive and feel no adverse effects. That simply wouldn't be the case in a globalized economy.

Um, guess what, I checked a 1950 map, and all those countries were on it. Except Russia was called the USSR back then. ANd there were two Germanies. But other than that, all those countries were on the map.

The problem with a globalized economy is that we let people who don't play by the rules play.

We need to dump "Free Trade" and institute "Fair Trade". If you are being more competitive by killing your own people, we aren't going to trade with you.

You dumb twat, no shit they existed. The point is they were all either bombed to hell from WW2 or still third world countries(China, South Korea and India weren't even emerging economies at the time). So high taxes and high regulation in a globalized society with free trade and multiple competing economic powers just wont work, business will go elsewhere.

It is true, you could institute tariffs to protect industry(which I agree with in certain cases), but you have to provide incentive for industry to remain in your country in the first place.

Here's the incentive. Keep your factory here, or we don't let you sell in this market.

Period.

Get it? The problem with "Free Trade" is that those other countries protect their industries and we don't protect ours.

Ever try to get product into China? I have. It isn't as easy as getting their products into this country.

Here's the incentive. Keep your factory here, or we don't let you sell in this market.

Period.

Get it? The problem with "Free Trade" is that those other countries protect their industries and we don't protect ours.

Ever try to get product into China? I have. It isn't as easy as getting their products into this country.
So, you are going to institute a ban on foreign goods?

That worked really well for the Soviets and is working really well for North Korea.

China doesn't ban foreign goods...

[

ROFL what an idiot. Tax revenues went up you dolt. Do you want high tax "revenues" or high tax "rates?" Why are libtards so damn stupid?

Tax revenues didn't go up until Reagan agreed to the "Tax Reform" act of 1986 that scaled back some of the tax cuts and eliminated a lot of tax deductions the middle class was using.

uhmmm no sorry., that is not true.....and I am not sure you understand the correlation between getting say 18% of 100 vs. 17.5% of 120.....

That's why Bush had to issue his "Read My Lips" pledge that he eventually broke. Reagan raised taxes.

whatever....

Period.

That worked really well for the Soviets and is working really well for North Korea.

Actually, China does ban foreign goods. In order to "sell" goods in China you are required to "produce" the same amount of goods in China. This is one of the major reasons corporations moved to China. You want to sell there you have to move there.

[

No, they slap it with a VAT and make you fill out a ton of paperwork. And that's for things they WANT to get into the country, like machines to make factories better.

Trust me, I've done this.

We should do the same. Huge tarriffs on foreign made goods and strict inspections on what they are bringing in so we don't have the lead paint, roofies and other nonsense.

[

No, they slap it with a VAT and make you fill out a ton of paperwork. And that's for things they WANT to get into the country, like machines to make factories better.

We should do the same. Huge tarriffs on foreign made goods and strict inspections on what they are bringing in so we don't have the lead paint, roofies and other nonsense.
So you would treat Chinese goods the same as say, British or German goods?

[

Should have been done a decade ago.

The organizaing of GOP Superpacs will crush the TeaPoCraps in the next round of primaries.

[

So you would treat Chinese goods the same as say, British or German goods?

No, I would not.

UK and Germany have similiar laws to what we have on fair labor wages and the environment and quality standards.

Forum List

Back