Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

Some day they may start micro managing people who work from home to make sure they are working 8 hours. Then it won't be any fun.

I think they will instead move away from looking at hours worked to work completed. As I said, my job is about completing projects, if ti takes me 4 hours or 8 hour is irrelevant to my employer as long as I do not miss deadlines. Both my brother and BIL are the same way, it is not about the hours worked, but about what is produced.

I think they will instead move away from looking at hours worked to work completed. As I said, my job is about completing projects, if ti takes me 4 hours or 8 hour is irrelevant to my employer as long as I do not miss deadlines. Both my brother and BIL are the same way, it is not about the hours worked, but about what is produced.
Yea my job has always been that way too. When I started, they were selling $50K in aftermarket a month. I got it up to $150K a month. So as long as I was selling, they didn't care how many hours it took. But since corona, I now sell $120K a month. Suddenly they are wondering why or how I can get back to $150K.

The problem is, the thing I sell, that company stole my two best customers. Made them house accounts. So my two best customers now order direct. So my company wants me to make up that $30K we are no longer getting.

Kind of unfair. For one, $120K used to be good. Since when is $120K a month bad? And they should understand how we lost that $30K a month. The thing I sell, the company I buy it from, screwed us. Nothing I can do about that but start prospecting again to try to replace that lost business.

But this time it's not going to be a whale. Another whale, they'll just steal them. I need to find some big fish but not whales. I found 1. They have 10 plants that all buy this stuff. So they aren't so big this company will try to steal them. The company they stole buys for GE. And the other company used to buy $10K at a time. Never small orders only big ones. God I miss them both.

Forum List

Back