Will the coming war in Ukraine and Russia help Biden or hurt him?

You still haven't learned to tell the truth, duck. Please show me where I said one word about racism.
You didn't say a word about racism until now. It was me that suggested the history you referred to was symbols of racism
I said there is an attempt to remove symbols of the HISTORY of the US. Quit lying. As regards racism, once again, as a Canadian you should not throw stones. Your house is in shards. You have a history of RACISM that continues to this day. LOL, want to lie in a thread you have no business in again, duck?

As is normal, start a thread on the topic you're suggesting.

I ain't commenting on if or if not there will be a conflict involving Russia/Ukraine/NATO, but.......but in my rural America retired guy thinking...and a thinking not informed by any visit at anytime to Ukraine or Russia... well, one thing all this brouhaha may do is -- make NATO stronger.

I mean by that, with a clear threat identified ---Russian aggression --- it may well force a bonding, and a cohesion as a tactic to strengthen and guard one's interests.

With the prior administration going to great lengths to weaken NATO, this now is a developing circumstance that will either: show how much the prior Administration succeeded in their attempts to diminish NATO; or it will reverse all those measures and re-inforce a renewed will.

Some on this venue are using up the local bandwidth to blame the current Administration for this crisis. That is misplaced animus. It is partisan polemic.

More appropriately the blame need fall on President of Russia Putin. He is the one responsible.

Would this crisis be on our minds, in our headlines if.........if not for Putin?

I would vote no, it would not.

62kqx1.jpg

(see meme above)

"You know how this is gonna play out......"
-----------------------------------------------

Well, putting aside the low-rent snark, what the poster above is seemingly unaware of is.......we ain't giving those weapons to Ukraine.

We are selling them.

So we must not discount the power of exports, profit, jobs and capitalism in these matters.

All upside for Biden unless he sends American troops over there.

Which I don't put past him.
Biden caused this. Like most all the rest of the problems since being installed. The Village people behind the scenes are in charge and are in over their heads. They are destroying America to remake it.

"Biden caused this."

For the edification of the forum, and as an opportunity prove your gravitas good poster 22lcidw....would you articulate your case on how and why Joe Biden "caused this" threat of Russian aggression?

Batter up, amigo.

It's not ABOUT whether or not it's good for Biden.

It's about the right thing to do

Sadly...Republicans don't think that way

Now that pretty much everyone agrees the Ukraine is lost to Putin, would a war there help Biden with his poll numbers?

Would the far Left embrace a war time President like Biden as they traditionally have turned their nose up at the military time and again?

Then again, Obama went to war with Gaddafi and they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize.

Would Biden win the same Nobel Prize for going to war with Putin?
Who agrees Ukraine is "lost."? Imo Putin lacks the means to actually conquer and hold all of Ukraine. He may be able to secure more areas where ethnic russians make up 50%, and gain a land connection between donbas and crimea. But by now the Ukranians may have enough anti-tank weapons to cause casualties, and it may result in Russians losing on quality of life issues through sanctions. Putin isn't dissuaded by sanctions, but unlike sanctions on the former syria and iraq ... and currently iran ... it's not like we punish civilians who are under the thumb of unpopular despots.

It's not ABOUT whether or not it's good for Biden.

It's about the right thing to do

Sadly...Republicans don't think that way
That's not true. Trumpeteers think that way. But more mainstream gopers are for speeding up military aid and preparing sanctions.

But war is not in Biden's self-interest. Nor is "looking weak."

But war is not in Biden's self-interest. Nor is "looking weak."
I quite agree with poster 'bendog'.
War ain't in America's or the Administration's interest.
And....as poster 'bendog' perceptively points out.....neither is 'looking weak'.

Putin is the villain here. He is the cause of all of this.
It wouldn't be a crisis.....without him.
America, the Brits, Poland, France, Europe, NATO......are all merely reacting to Putin's aggression.

If he moves. He need pay a price. His country need pay a price.
If NATO, et al, are capable of making that price high enough......well, I dunno.

I quite agree with poster 'bendog'.
War ain't in America's or the Administration's interest.
And....as poster 'bendog' perceptively points out.....neither is 'looking weak'.

Putin is the villain here. He is the cause of all of this.
It wouldn't be a crisis.....without him.
America, the Brits, Poland, France, Europe, NATO......are all merely reacting to Putin's aggression.

If he moves. He need pay a price. His country need pay a price.
If NATO, et al, are capable of making that price high enough......well, I dunno.
Putin has mixed motives. Russia is a country with tanks and nuclear weapons that is run by organized crime and which has no capability of making anything any other country wants to buy (unless forced to buy) besides carbon fuel (and weapons). It's citizens' standard of living is dependent upon selling carbon fuel.

Even going back to Catherine the Great, Russia's neighbors have been invaded and conquered and occupied, and seen the Russians steal their food and national production. And it's not like Russia reinvented itself as a non-interventionist economic juggernaut like Germany.

So Putin faces neighbors who want to ally to Nato not just to be protected from Russia, but also to be economically tied to the EU. Putin says this is a threat to Russia, and both the Germans and the French nearly conquered Russia in both the 19th and 20th centuries. But occupying Russia would be more costly than it'd be worth. The only real danger Nato poses is if he cut off the carbon fuel. And I don't really see China or Japan in having any self-interest in a war. But it is certainly in Russia's interest to make sure it's neighbors trade with them and in rubles.

Whether Nato is willing to take the econ pain sanctions on Russia would cost them as well as Russia .... like you say, who knows.

Number 1...it's bullshit and 2 Biden is working this for all he's worth...well...not hiim personally cause he doesn't have the capacity for it but someone wants war.. Crazy democrats

3rd. Pelosi says that if russian doesn't invade Ukraine it is because of Joe's brilliance. THAT right there folks, tells you this is a fraud and that there won't be none.

The old gal must have bought some 'hardware' stock.

Number 1...it's bullshit and 2 Biden is working this for all he's worth...well...not hiim personally cause he doesn't have the capacity for it but someone wants war.. Crazy democrats

3rd. Pelosi says that if russian doesn't invade Ukraine it is because of Joe's brilliance. THAT right there folks, tells you this is a fraud and that there won't be none.

The old gal must have bought some 'hardware' stock.
Bingo. There never has been a threat. If Putin wanted Ukraine, he would have taken it. This is a distraction. The US holds war games with S. Korea every year. Russia holds them too. Last year it was war games in the Arctic, last summer naval exercises in the Indian Ocean with Iran and China--this year war games with Belarus. The democrats know this but they are playing the distraction for all its worth. If you're watching Putin you won't be watching the bullshit the democrats are doing in this country. How quickly everyone has forgotten the border, covid, inflation, fuel prices etc. etc.

Forum List

Back