Will Teachers quit en masse if CRT is banned?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
As a public school teacher for a couple of decades, I have to sincerely doubt it. In Indiana, the passed a law forbidding teachers from teaching that any sex or race is inferior to another or should feel stress or other negative emotions. The enforcement of this law will be in the form of lawsuits, and actions taken to remove offending teachers’ teaching certificates.

The reason that I doubt it is that I’ve heard that song before, especially lately. During the pandemic, I heard teachers say they would quit if they had to wear masks, quit if masks were not required, quit if they had to be vaccinated, quit if vaccines were not required, quit if they were required to come back to class, and quit if they were required to teach another year of remote learning, especially if they had to teach both remote learners and in-class learners at the same time.

I don’t know a single teacher who actually quit, over those issues. Some got the chalkboard flu one day when one of the unions recommended a sickout. When those few teachers returned the next day from their “sick day,” I greeted them with, “What’s up, Norma Rae?” The local union rep had the nerve to confront me about it when one of her “brothers” complained about it. I said, “We are not plumbers. We are educators.” But she didn’t get the reference.

Prior to the pandemic, the big predicted cause of mass exodus of educators (at least in Texas), was “Cameras in the Classroom!” (Imagine those words with an echo effect)

It was mainly paraprofessionals, formerly called teacher aides, who made this threat/prediction most often. Of course it turned out that cameras in the classroom would only happen in self-contained classrooms, such as those for severely disabled students, and In School Suspension rooms where students spent the entire day. Even for those rooms, it would. Only happen if a parent requested it.

No one quit. No one even sicked out for that one.

Teaching is a great job, and I went through three different careers before settling on it. Let liberal teachers form “Youth for Marx” chapters to counter the “Youth for Christ” chapters if they insist on teaching ideology. Give them the same access to school facilities before and after school that any other supposed student-led club gets.

Keep the racist theories out of the tax-funded classroom.

I sure hope so, 95% of them are literally worthless, we have the worst possible people entrenched as educators, when in fact they are really just Marxist indoctrinator's, and or sexual deviants, preying upon the nations youth! Cameras should be mandatory in every single classroom, all video available to the public every single week!

As a public school teacher for a couple of decades, I have to sincerely doubt it. In Indiana, the passed a law forbidding teachers from teaching that any sex or race is inferior to another or should feel stress or other negative emotions. The enforcement of this law will be in the form of lawsuits, and actions taken to remove offending teachers’ teaching certificates.

The reason that I doubt it is that I’ve heard that song before, especially lately. During the pandemic, I heard teachers say they would quit if they had to wear masks, quit if masks were not required, quit if they had to be vaccinated, quit if vaccines were not required, quit if they were required to come back to class, and quit if they were required to teach another year of remote learning, especially if they had to teach both remote learners and in-class learners at the same time.

I don’t know a single teacher who actually quit, over those issues. Some got the chalkboard flu one day when one of the unions recommended a sickout. When those few teachers returned the next day from their “sick day,” I greeted them with, “What’s up, Norma Rae?” The local union rep had the nerve to confront me about it when one of her “brothers” complained about it. I said, “We are not plumbers. We are educators.” But she didn’t get the reference.

Prior to the pandemic, the big predicted cause of mass exodus of educators (at least in Texas), was “Cameras in the Classroom!” (Imagine those words with an echo effect)

It was mainly paraprofessionals, formerly called teacher aides, who made this threat/prediction most often. Of course it turned out that cameras in the classroom would only happen in self-contained classrooms, such as those for severely disabled students, and In School Suspension rooms where students spent the entire day. Even for those rooms, it would. Only happen if a parent requested it.

Teaching is a great job, and I went through three different careers before settling on it. Let liberal teachers form “Youth for Marx” chapters to counter the “Youth for Christ” chapters if they insist on teaching ideology. Give them the same access to school facilities before and after school that any other supposed student-led club gets.

I think they should definitely quit in mass if they don't get their way, and make way for normal teachers to be hired, not classroom indoctrinate rs.

Even though I went to college, I hated school. My only regret is that I didn't kill half the teachers I had, and didn't fuck the other half of them.

You figure out which half I meant.

Public school teachers, willingly in most cases, are akin to political officers in the old Soviet Union to the degree that they disseminate State propaganda directly into young American minds. No patriotic, God fearing, child loving human being would willingly teach CRT or gender theory to our youth simply to preserve their career. Eons ago, back when I was in middle school, the majority of teachers were WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War veterans who very obviously and loudly loved America. It was . . . a different time . . .

I sure hope so, 95% of them are literally worthless, we have the worst possible people entrenched as educators, when in fact they are really just Marxist indoctrinator's, and or sexual deviants, preying upon the nations youth! Cameras should be mandatory in every single classroom, all video available to the public every single week!

When criticizing educators it's helpful to understand the proper use of apostrophes.

How long have you worked as a teacher?

I think they should definitely quit in mass if they don't get their way, and make way for normal teachers to be hired, not classroom indoctrinate rs.
When was the last time you were in a public school?

Define CRT for us.

So, ya got a real finger on the pulse of what goes on in schools today?
Nope. Only perceptions. Should I cease to have an opinion based on perceptions when I do not have all the in-depth facts? That would not be like me. I have saved my life and the lives of others by decisions, based on perceptions. I do know, teachers should not call the shots as the bottom line, no matter what school systems or society as a whole, want or don't want. I understand the employer/employee relationship and do not grant the employees sole policy rights in the workplace.

I do not agree that teachers will leave “en masse“.

There are other reasons for doing so. This is not one of them…

Define CRT for us.

CRT is an extension of Marxist Critical theory, that adds race to class as factors in the definitions of power, struggle and exploitation. It sets defined roles in our society for the exploiter and the exploited, and those roles are defined by race, as well as sex, and by extension sexual orientation. In fact it really isn't CRT anymore at all, it's CRSSGT (add sex, sexuality and gender to the word salad).

CRT itself is really only taught at the University level. What is happening at the elementary/middle and high school levels is not CRT, but all topics through the lens of CRT, i.e. concepts of privilege, oppression, and victimhood based not on what a person does, but what a person is. That equality is not possible or even desirable, but "equity" is, and what equity you are entitled to is again not based on what you do, but what you are.

Forum List

Back