Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

Obama didn't withhold military aid. He withheld weapons that prevented escalation that was causing horrendous collateral damage to civilian casualties on both sides of the civil war. Ukraine had a poorly trained and corrupt military. They had no shortage of light infantry weapons such as rifles and mortars since they were produced in Ukraine and also being provided by EU nations. What they needed most was training and expensive gear used by light infantry soldiers, both of which were provided extensively.
Weapons are military aid simpleton...…………….
The simpleton is you if you think there are no restrictions on military aid currently being provided to Ukraine.
Why should we give the Ukraine anything as Russia can walk in and take that aid for their selves unless we also go in and start WW3

Fuck the Ukraine

Fuck Germany twice for buying billions in Russian gas

Trump is right all the way around and back
Yes it seems that our dealings with Ukraine is causing many terrible outcomes back here, so it's either that we are corrupting them or they are corrupting us. Time to leave Ukraine alone maybe ?
We do not want to leave them completely alone or Russia will move back in and begin reannexing the soviet union. Yet we can not give them top secret arms either as the Russians will steal them and understand our systems better
The Papa Bush Adminis
He has as much right to speak his mind as you and I do. Everyone is getting pretty damn sick of the Left trying to shut up everyone that disagrees with them. We damn well WILL SPEAK UP ANY DAMN TIME WE FEEL LIKE IT AND BELIEVE ANYTHING WE WANT AND SAY WHAT WE LIKE WHETHER YOU APPROVE OR NOT AND WE WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO DO THE SAME!

You all like those petting zoo Republicans that fold and cower before the fake news media. Trump stands up and fights and pulls big bleeding chucks of meat out of your asses, which is EXACTLY why we elected him, and will REELECT HIM.

6w-3.jpg

Go ahead and pick a fight with Trump, he fights!

I didn't question his right to speak his mind.

I said that his approval rating is inversely related to him speaking his mind.

Hillary had a 98 percent approval rating from the fake media

SHE LOST

Trump is WINNING

What exactly does that have to do with my post?
That Trump's not in it for the poll numbers.

I wasn't arguing that he's in it for the poll numbers.
Then I guess Trump will keep communicating like he has all of his life, then. And if he keeps delivering 30% Stock Market gains, continues the best employment economy of our lifetimes, and keeps us out of new wars, as far as I'm concerned he can tweet any damn thing he likes.

Thinking about this, being impartial means trump must be guilty or it’s not a fair trial! Only in a leftists wet dream holding their cocks!

A trial has a judge and 12 impartial jurors.

That said the senate has no judge and ZERO impartial jurors

But if you want to call it a trial you may, however it would not be legal in any US court

So it is not a trial

OMG, listen up. I'm only going to post this once:

1 The senate will have Supreme Court Justice Roberts presiding, so there is a "judge"
2. The senate rules are that a simple majority vote can overrule a Roberts decision
3. This will be an "impeachment trial" as prescribed in the US Constitution. If Nancy ever forwards the Articles to the Senate

4. U.S. Senate: Impeachment

"In impeachment proceedings, the House of Representatives charges an official of the federal government by approving, by majority vote, articles of impeachment. A committee of representatives, called “managers,” acts as prosecutors before the Senate. The Senate sits as a High Court of Impeachment in which senators consider evidence, hear witnesses, and vote to acquit or convict the impeached official. In the case of presidential impeachment trials, the chief justice of the United States presides. The Constitution requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate to convict, and the penalty for an impeached official upon conviction is removal from office. In some cases, the Senate has also disqualified such officials from holding public offices in the future. There is no appeal. Since 1789, about half of Senate impeachment trials have resulted in conviction and removal from office."

5. Article Two of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
Section 4: Impeachment
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The Constitution also allows for involuntary removal from office of the president, vice president, Cabinet secretaries, and other executive officers, as well as judges, who may be impeached by the House of Representatives and tried in the Senate.

Any official convicted by the Senate is immediately removed from office, and the Senate may also order, by a simple majority, that the removed official be forever disqualified from holding any federal office.[49][50][51]

While no other punishments may be inflicted pursuant to the impeachment proceeding, the convicted party remains liable to trial and punishment in the courts for civil and criminal charges

Again any trial must have an impartial jury of ones peers. The sitting senate can not in any way and under any circumstance pass a jury questionnaire of impartiality. So without an impartial jury the system would not be legal in any court. I have been a jury foreman, it's not rocket science unless I get technical that is

Bye the way genius in any real court Roberts would have to disqualify himself, so there is no legit judge presiding. LOL if shitomayor was the chief justice and having said that no honkey like Trump could ever have the wisdom of a wise Latina judge was the judge would that be fair.

It's a fucking joke

But if you want to call it a trial you may, however it would not be legal in any US court

So it is not a trial

1 The senate will have Supreme Court Justice Roberts presiding, so there is a "judge"
2. The senate rules are that a simple majority vote can overrule a Roberts decision
3. This will be an "impeachment trial" as prescribed in the US Constitution. If Nancy ever forwards the Articles to the Senate

"In impeachment proceedings, the House of Representatives charges an official of the federal government by approving, by majority vote, articles of impeachment. A committee of representatives, called “managers,” acts as prosecutors before the Senate. The Senate sits as a High Court of Impeachment in which senators consider evidence, hear witnesses, and vote to acquit or convict the impeached official. In the case of presidential impeachment trials, the chief justice of the United States presides. The Constitution requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate to convict, and the penalty for an impeached official upon conviction is removal from office. In some cases, the Senate has also disqualified such officials from holding public offices in the future. There is no appeal. Since 1789, about half of Senate impeachment trials have resulted in conviction and removal from office."

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The Constitution also allows for involuntary removal from office of the president, vice president, Cabinet secretaries, and other executive officers, as well as judges, who may be impeached by the House of Representatives and tried in the Senate.

Any official convicted by the Senate is immediately removed from office, and the Senate may also order, by a simple majority, that the removed official be forever disqualified from holding any federal office.[49][50][51]

While no other punishments may be inflicted pursuant to the impeachment proceeding, the convicted party remains liable to trial and punishment in the courts for civil and criminal charges

Again any trial must have an impartial jury of ones peers. The sitting senate can not in any way and under any circumstance pass a jury questionnaire of impartiality. So without an impartial jury the system would not be legal in any court. I have been a jury foreman, it's not rocket science unless I get technical that is

Bye the way genius in any real court Roberts would have to disqualify himself, so there is no legit judge presiding. LOL if shitomayor was the chief justice and having said that no honkey like Trump could ever have the wisdom of a wise Latina judge was the judge would that be fair.

It's a fucking joke

Again any trial must have an impartial jury of ones peers. Correct for a normal jury trial, but not an impeachment trial, the senate is the jury.

The sitting senate can not in any way and under any circumstance pass a jury questionnaire of impartiality. So without an impartial jury the system would not be legal in any court. I have been a jury foreman, it's not rocket science unless I get technical that is.
You will see how wrong you are when the senate trial starts, there is no jury questionnaire.

As Chief Justice Roberts is the presiding judge, period.

It's a fucking joke. Its no joke, its all prescribed in the Constitution, and there are no appeals to the verdict. Trump either stays president or he leaves office if 67 senators vote for removal, which won't happen.

Again if there is no impartial jury and the judge was appointed on party lines this is NOT A TRIAL. Look I know they are calling it one, but it is not a trial, not for a second.

You can disagree with it, but its in the Constitution, so throw pillows at the TV when something happens that you don't like when the "trial" starts in January. <g>

p.s. the Chief Justice was appointed by the president, like RBG will be replaced by Trump, and probably Breyer too, and hopefully Thomas too as his final FU to the democrats and Joe Biden.

Justice Thomas will probably retire during the 2nd Trump term. The libs have been pushing him to leave since he was confirmed and will finally get their wish. He is 71, and getting someone else in there that will be able to serve into the 2050's is a smart move.

RBG can't quit until Trump leaves. If she were to retire under Trump, the libs would condemn the old lady and she would lose all of her lib friends. Most probably she'll die in office

Thinking about this, being impartial means trump must be guilty or it’s not a fair trial! Only in a leftists wet dream holding their cocks!

Our lib friends are looking for a "Show" trial not a Fair trial. They knew it was some kind of trial, they just had a brain spasm there and couldn't get the right adjective for "trial" they were looking for.

So it is not a trial

It's a fucking joke

So it is not a trial

It's a fucking joke

Again any trial must have an impartial jury of ones peers. Correct for a normal jury trial, but not an impeachment trial, the senate is the jury.

The sitting senate can not in any way and under any circumstance pass a jury questionnaire of impartiality. So without an impartial jury the system would not be legal in any court. I have been a jury foreman, it's not rocket science unless I get technical that is.
You will see how wrong you are when the senate trial starts, there is no jury questionnaire.

It's a fucking joke. Its no joke, its all prescribed in the Constitution, and there are no appeals to the verdict. Trump either stays president or he leaves office if 67 senators vote for removal, which won't happen.

Again if there is no impartial jury and the judge was appointed on party lines this is NOT A TRIAL. Look I know they are calling it one, but it is not a trial, not for a second.

You can disagree with it, but its in the Constitution, so throw pillows at the TV when something happens that you don't like when the "trial" starts in January. <g>

p.s. the Chief Justice was appointed by the president, like RBG will be replaced by Trump, and probably Breyer too, and hopefully Thomas too as his final FU to the democrats and Joe Biden.

The jurors are all partial not one is impartial and the judge is a political appointee in a political trial

LOL look retard the democrats are not all even going to vote to impeach

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones says he'll vote to acquit President Trump if 'dots aren't connected'

Our lib friends are looking for a "Show" trial not a Fair trial. They knew it was some kind of trial, they just had a brain spasm there and couldn't get the right adjective for "trial" they were looking for.
No, they don’t wanna a trial. They want their way

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?

In the Constitution, and before that, all the way back to the Magna Carta signed in 1215 in Runnymede, it was always understood that the DEFENDANT who was guaranteed the fair trial. And a speedy one. It was never the Persecution that had those rights.

The libs, as usual have the whole system of American jurisprudence half assed backwards.

And no, defendants don't have to prove their innocence.

Imagine if Trump wasn't the President, and it was a black youth serving. There is no way in hell that the libs would put up for this. Blatant case of racism, and ageism.

Funny. Are you smarter than Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe, Speaker Pelosi and all her congressional attorneys?

Funny how all you libtards keep jumping on Tribe. Forget that your own star expert witness on impeachment says until the articles are sent to the Senate you have nothing. Now saying your own witness is wrong. Just when you think Dims can’t get any more stupid....

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
Only someone who feels they have a weak case delays the start of a trial.
... or ... someone who was already told by those in charge of the trial that it will be biased, working directly with the defendant, and is already planning to acquit him no matter what the evidence shows.
It's not the Senate's fault the House produced a big lump of nothing. Everyone has already made up their mind in the Senate. Same as it was in the House. Because the Dems in the House produced no evidence, it was a party-line vote. Now the Dem Trump-haters are crying because there is "no evidence"? What a joke. It will be another party-line vote, only, this time, the Trtump-haters don't have the votes. They were politically fools to bring impeachment in the first place. They are drunk on their own hatreds and lust for power.

What do you think?
... or ... someone who was already told by those in charge of the trial that it will be biased, working directly with the defendant, and is already planning to acquit him no matter what the evidence shows.
He deserves to be aquitted or exonerated immediately by what the lack of evidence shows. Everyone knew this sham impeachment was a bunch of bullcrap, and to try and make it seem legit is flat outright ignorant. What a waste it has all been. I know one thing, and that is that this nation has got to quit lying to itself, and allowing bullcrap to take place at taxpayers expense. These paycheck riding do nothing demoncrats need to be punished at the ballot box big time.
The press needs diversity of ownership

Pelosi and the radical left dont stand a chance against conservatives who put America first

what is Trump supposed to do, put America 9th?

What do you think?
Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it, Faun?

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Remember, Corey Booker says he’ll be impartial, and trump violated his oath of office. Hey, one of you leftist, tell me how that’s impartial?

You can’t keep yelling he’s guilty he’s guilty and then say you’re impartial

Last edited:

What do you think?
He deserves to be aquitted or exonerated immediately by what the lack of evidence shows. Everyone knew this sham impeachment was a bunch of bullcrap, and to try and make it seem legit is flat outright ignorant. What a waste it has all been. I know one thing, and that is that this nation has got to quit lying to itself, and allowing bullcrap to take place at taxpayers expense. These paycheck riding do nothing demoncrats need to be punished at the ballot box big time.
The press needs diversity of ownership
No, they’re allowed to do what they want, you fking can’t and like it!

Weapons are military aid simpleton...…………….
The simpleton is you if you think there are no restrictions on military aid currently being provided to Ukraine.
Why should we give the Ukraine anything as Russia can walk in and take that aid for their selves unless we also go in and start WW3

Fuck the Ukraine

Yes it seems that our dealings with Ukraine is causing many terrible outcomes back here, so it's either that we are corrupting them or they are corrupting us. Time to leave Ukraine alone maybe ?

Its a matter of no one wants to give foreign aid in general. The US does not have a surplus, we BORROW all of the money we give as foreign aid, about $55b a year. WTF? The other countries could just as well borrow the money instead of the US. Our Debt is $23T now and the interest on that Debt is $363b in 2019 and probably $400b in 2020. So the Debt is accelerating due to interest on the Debt. It will crash the Budget if the budget deficit is not fixed soon.
Foreign aid actually crushed the Soviet Union
Bullshit. The Soviet Union wasn't "crushed". And it certainly wasn't crushed by our foreign aid to...well...whom? Afghanistan?

The Soviet Union collapsed under the weight of its own inner irrationality and drowned in the river of Christian blood the Jewish Bolsheviks set flowing in 1917.

Nancy delivers the stunning Christmas present and refuses to complete the process. Mitch declares their witch hunt null and void. Libs weep everywhere but...but...but and emotively deny another factual reality-he was not impeached because the charges were dropped.
The foot stamping now moves to something else.

Fuck the Ukraine

Its a matter of no one wants to give foreign aid in general. The US does not have a surplus, we BORROW all of the money we give as foreign aid, about $55b a year. WTF? The other countries could just as well borrow the money instead of the US. Our Debt is $23T now and the interest on that Debt is $363b in 2019 and probably $400b in 2020. So the Debt is accelerating due to interest on the Debt. It will crash the Budget if the budget deficit is not fixed soon.
Bullshit. The Soviet Union wasn't "crushed". And it certainly wasn't crushed by our foreign aid to...well...whom? Afghanistan?

The Soviet Union collapsed under the weight of its own inner irrationality and drowned in the river of Christian blood the Jewish Bolsheviks set flowing in 1917.
The Soviet Union collapsed because Reagan outspent them, they literally had nothing left to spend and had to consolidate. The foreign aid spent all around them caused this.

Nothing relates to Israel which is a pimple on an elephant

...Who is the presiding judge over the trial?...
US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

...Who picks the impartial jurors?...
The voters of fifty States.

...Or are you stupid enough to claim that sitting US senators are impartial?...
No. I am sufficiently read to know that each Senator swears a solemn and binding oath to be impartial as a 'juror' in the Senate trial.

"I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald J. Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.’’

giphy.gif

...There will be no trial...
Tell that to Andrew Johnson or Bill Clinton.

...Just a fact
Your so-called 'facts' do not bear any resemblance to Reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States#Senate_trial

Last edited:

It's a fucking joke

It's a fucking joke

Justice Thomas will probably retire during the 2nd Trump term. The libs have been pushing him to leave since he was confirmed and will finally get their wish. He is 71, and getting someone else in there that will be able to serve into the 2050's is a smart move.

RBG can't quit until Trump leaves. If she were to retire under Trump, the libs would condemn the old lady and she would lose all of her lib friends. Most probably she'll die in office

Totally agree about Thomas, he should retire in 2020 at 72 and Trump puts in a nice young conservative justice.
Breyer is 81 and should retire in Trump's 2nd term while he's still able to, if he wants to wait for a democrat he would be in another 6-years.
Are you kidding about RBG? She's a demi-godess to the democrat women. Agree she won't quit, but her health may fail and force her retirement, she looks like death warmed over now. What will she look like in 5-years, brrrrr?.

It's a fucking joke

It's a fucking joke

The jurors are all partial not one is impartial and the judge is a political appointee in a political trial

LOL look retard the democrats are not all even going to vote to impeach

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones says he'll vote to acquit President Trump if 'dots aren't connected'

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue?
The judge is the Chief Justice, period, full stop. There is no other option.
The jurors are all 100 senators, period, full stop.
Senator Doug Jones can say anything he wants to now, we all know how he will vote on the articles.
The two articles of impeachment aren't even "crimes" and Article 2 was voided by the USSC when they took the Trump vs House democrats on subpoenas of Trump's taxes. Trump does have the right to take House subpoenas to court, and its not "obstruction of congress".

New Topics

Forum List

Back