Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 71.1%

• Total voters
It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.

I do not LIKE SS, as it is budgetary Armageddon, that may very well destroy US.

But is has also made hundreds of millions of people dependent on the government, just as planned.

There may not be an answer other than to try to prepare for the crash and burn.

Ideally I would like to plan a retirement that does NOT depend on SS, being there. But unfortunately they are taxing me so much that it is hard.

No such thing would ever happen, period.

They should raise the retirement age to 70, though. And index the eligibility age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Given I've paid into SS my whole life, I'd be robbed massively if it was removed.

Why should I consider you Trump-thug robbers any different than a thug who would openly rob me at gunpoint? After all, the thug would take far less of my money. And at least the gun-wielding thug would be honest about it, which puts him in a moral class above the Trump-thugs.

They will certainly try to steer society in that direction, and I say let them.

Given I've paid into SS my whole life, I'd be robbed massively if it was removed.

Why should I consider you Trump-thug robbers any different than a thug who would openly rob me at gunpoint? After all, the thug would take far less of my money. And at least the gun-wielding thug would be honest about it, which puts him in a moral class above the Trump-thugs.
And so have all republicans, so stop with your silly lies.

Why would I want to do away with something I have paying into my entire working life?
Because you don't agree with the program. Oh you'll still get yours but not your kids. And you'll take a huge hit on how much you get. You won't get AS MUCH. Sorry, can't afford it. We're broke. And no future cost of living increases. But you'll get $1500 a month. That aught to do you right?

Why would I want to do away with something I have paying into my entire working life?
Why would I want to do away with something that is 1/3 of my income?
Haven't got there yet, about another 20 years.

In about 2 weeks, I'll be 67.

Wife turns 65 either next year, or the year after..

Hate to see her get that close, then have to wait an extra 5 years
You deserve it, you paid for it.

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.

I do not LIKE SS, as it is budgetary Armageddon, that may very well destroy US.

But is has also made hundreds of millions of people dependent on the government, just as planned.

There may not be an answer other than to try to prepare for the crash and burn.

Ideally I would like to plan a retirement that does NOT depend on SS, being there. But unfortunately they are taxing me so much that it is hard.
Pretty pathetic savings if you couldn't retire without your social security and medicare. Now imagine how many people are like you and won't/haven't saved a dime. It's people like you why we invented the program. You'll need it. But I get it. Let people worry about themselves. If they are smart they'll save it. Most won't, especially when the cost of living goes up and wages don't go up in your republican experiment. I bet they'll go down. So millions will be screwed in 100 years but hey, rich people will get their tax breaks and we'll be able to buy a lot of bombs hopefully we will never have to use.

Forum List

Back