Will people care about their fellow man, be more empathetic and understanding after Coronavirus?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I remember after 9/11 people said "the world has changed forever", but of course it's never the case. People think about it and are reminded every anniversary (at least for the first few years), how many permanently appreciated their lives after? Unless you lived near Ground Zero, probably not too many.

So, I wonder, when people lose jobs, are hurting to make ends meet, dealing with stresses of the unknown and possibly even death, will they care more about their fellow citizen?

If so, for how long will this self introspection last?

The crisis will bring out the best in some people.

The crisis will bring out the worst in other people.

I remember after 9/11 people said "the world has changed forever", but of course it's never the case. People think about it and are reminded every anniversary (at least for the first few years), how many permanently appreciated their lives after? Unless you lived near Ground Zero, probably not too many.

So, I wonder, when people lose jobs, are hurting to make ends meet, dealing with stresses of the unknown and possibly even death, will they care more about their fellow citizen?

If so, for how long will this self introspection last?
I posted a thread on this, Screw the Virus, in Health and Lifestyle. It's a column by David Brooks musing on just this. You might be interested.

Forum List

Back