So you are asking if someday you can get the benefits of someone else"s labor without having to actually work yourself to pay for it. Are you perchance a millenial?

So you are asking if someday you can get the benefits of someone else"s labor without having to actually work yourself to pay for it. Are you perchance a millenial?

Are you perchance a businessman?

Millennials have nothing to do with professional art.

Are you able to state your opinion as an artist? (That is, as one who makes files available on the internet upon self decided payments?)

You realize the relevancy of the last question? That artists are not bound to industry, and especially not to a parallel industry?

If pirates abide by the common law of the Cybernetic Age (that is, the global common law), there is no reason why piracy wouldn't be legal.

Know the law, abide by the law, have your status legal.

It is legal I suppose if you are on-line in the right place.

If you want to live in the U.S. and have legal online piracy then vote out that patent office / copyright big government stuff.

Not something I totally agree with.

OP, are you thinking of copying something in particular?

Are you able to state your opinion as an artist? (That is, as one who makes files available on the internet upon self decided payments?)

You realize the relevancy of the last question? That artists are not bound to industry, and especially not to a parallel industry?

I realize the irrelevancy of this post. Regardless of businessman or artist, if one produces something, be it a hamburger or piece of music, one deserves to be able to sell his production. It is unfair to think you should be able to get it for nothing as in piracy. I presume it will never be legal. If it is than you should be able to walk into a restaurant for a free meal.

I realize the irrelevancy of this post. Regardless of businessman or artist, if one produces something, be it a hamburger or piece of music, one deserves to be able to sell his production. It is unfair to think you should be able to get it for nothing as in piracy. I presume it will never be legal. If it is than you should be able to walk into a restaurant for a free meal.

I recognize your post not to be irrelevant.

I agree that it is unfair to receive without providing in return, but I disagree that selling is an achievement to be striven for, and also disagree that the continued promotion of a creative life must happen through sales.

Perhaps in an off-topic mention, I am also a proponent that all meals should not only be free (from both artificial and natural stocking and withholding) but freeing and restoring (as in restaurant) due to their natural processes, natural developments and natural bearings especially intended to support all sorts of biological organisms.

A healthy, stable economy doesn't need sales or "covert-businessman-soldiers" for sustenance and continuity, it requires only direct and reciprocal civil exchange by those who are actively participating as producers and consumers.

Of course, it does get more complex than direct exchange, but direct exchange is only the fundamental comprehension alongside mutuality.

In short, the law should replace the middleman-of-industries, and unlike the old apolitical, economically manipulative representative agent convincing both producers and consumers to subscribe and abide by their often omitting, illusive despotic rules of claiming facilitation and transaction binding with the only future intention of exoneration from the working life (non-artistic, non-creative, non-productive), the law should incorporate producers and consumers within its impartial self for the establishment of both creative freedom and creative security in a continued collaborative and actively political citizenship.

The law has to be the way, the trust and promoter, not any salesperson, nor any sales prospect, for art and civility to flourish.

I agree that it is unfair to receive without providing in return, but I disagree that selling is an achievement to be striven for, and also disagree that the continued promotion of a creative life must happen through sales.

Perhaps in an off-topic mention, I am also a proponent that all meals should not only be free (from both artificial and natural stocking and withholding) but freeing and restoring (as in restaurant) due to their natural processes, natural developments and natural bearings especially intended to support all sorts of biological organisms.

A healthy, stable economy doesn't need sales or "covert-businessman-soldiers" for sustenance and continuity, it requires only direct and reciprocal civil exchange by those who are actively participating as producers and consumers.

Of course, it does get more complex than direct exchange, but direct exchange is only the fundamental comprehension alongside mutuality.

In short, the law should replace the middleman-of-industries, and unlike the old apolitical, economically manipulative representative agent convincing both producers and consumers to subscribe and abide by their often omitting, illusive despotic rules of claiming facilitation and transaction binding with the only future intention of exoneration from the working life (non-artistic, non-creative, non-productive), the law should incorporate producers and consumers within its impartial self for the establishment of both creative freedom and creative security in a continued collaborative and actively political citizenship.

The law has to be the way, the trust and promoter, not any salesperson, nor any sales prospect, for art and civility to flourish.

It is unfair to receive without returning....So that means you don't get anything you can't pay for?

"and also disagree that the continued promotion of a creative life must happen through sales."
Does that mean I can't just keep selling, bartering off or trading whatever I wrote?

Really if you just pay me for my goods its easier than trading me. But I do have an acre of grass which needs mowed and trimmed if you need a poem written, your oil changed or tires rotated I suppose.

Will online piracy ever be legalized what do you guys think??.

If it is legalized, then there will simply be nothing online worth stealing, so why would you want to legalize it??? given the cost of a song on I Tunes is peanuts, just pay for the thing already and stop being a spoiled 10 year old.

No i am not a millennial and besides even if i was that has no relevance anyway i just believe in the freedom of information the real copyright infringement is the bootleg dvds that are being sold for a cheap buck that is a crime and the people who do that should go to prison however sharing files over the internet is a different story its not really a crime at all because there is no sale to be had and most of the people who download the stuff they download would not have bought it anyway.

If it is legalized, then there will simply be nothing online worth stealing, so why would you want to legalize it??? given the cost of a song on I Tunes is peanuts, just pay for the thing already and stop being a spoiled 10 year old.

Your comment was hilarious as hell because i'm not even 10.

It is unfair to receive without returning....So that means you don't get anything you can't pay for?

"and also disagree that the continued promotion of a creative life must happen through sales."
Does that mean I can't just keep selling, bartering off or trading whatever I wrote?

Really if you just pay me for my goods its easier than trading me. But I do have an acre of grass which needs mowed and trimmed if you need a poem written, your oil changed or tires rotated I suppose.

No, it just means you will have to pay for it at some point, otherwise you may progressively lose the privilege of having anything, possibly even without noticing the consequences wrought by your own self-exonerating choices.

You get it because you like it, you like it because you can make more of it, you pay because you made more of it. If you don't pay, or refuse to do so, then you not only don't get anymore of its kind, but you also don't get what would be your second choice coming from a second kind within that same designating organization; a society bound and maintained by the law that if refused or confronted for its products marginalizes unto the complete removal of the disruptive, uncooperative individual who nonetheless desires (and even had already been granted) advantage.

As I was thinking about your question, I had an interesting opposite perspective pop up in my mind to elucidate the situation.

An anti-utopian (soon-to-be utopian) comprehension of an egalitarian economy, such as the one represented through your question, would bring about the hypothesis of those who would be able to pay for anything after achieving certain credit or influence, regardless of what is being produced. That comprehension of payment (money), however, is not functional in the long continuous promotion of healthy and stable exchanges, and would very quickly foment individuals marginalizing each other, already oblivious of having been marginalized from a socially cohesive and lawfully bound society.

You may do anything you like with your writing as long as you would be writing, but to remain in and contribute to the economy you must recognize, in assistance of the commonly established and commonly promoting law, that your writing always has an actual, inherent value, regardless of your intention for trading it or for profiting over it, in reflection of actual progressing market values, not only of all concurrent writings but also of all concurrent productions.

The point would be for living in a society in which "ease" is unnecessary and obsolete, and "easy" exchange retrograde if not detrimental, since accomplishment would be in pursuing creativity and not in pursuing security or comfort (already achieved and established through the provision of the law).

Your comment was hilarious as hell because i'm not even 10.

Now I understand. A few more years of schooling and you will also.

Forum List

Back