Will libs fight to pull the plug on this girl

Really sad that you and others are politicizing this.

I wish her all the best and while I do have thoughts on this matter, I will not offer them out of respect for her and her family.

Why would anyone disregard the wishes of her parents? With schiavo, her husband was involved with another woman for years, he should have lost his ability to control her destiny yet libs fought to kill her. You can pretend that they didn't if you want to

Why would anyone disregard the wishes of her parents? With schiavo, her husband was involved with another woman for years, he should have lost his ability to control her destiny yet libs fought to kill her. You can pretend that they didn't if you want to

Teri Schiavo was long gone when they pulled the plug on her.

I cannot believe that you still want to use her as an example when the autopsy showed her upper brain was gone and there was absolutely no chance of improvement.

Last edited:

I cannot believe that you still want to use her as an example when the autopsy showed her upper brain was gone and there was absolutely no chance of improvement.

Long gone defined as moving , smiling and making sounds?

i think it is up to her parents...simple as that....

will conservative fight to make this women give birth?

Texas Father Barred from Taking Pregnant Wife Off Life Support

here i think it is up to her husband

Horrible. I agree, the husband has the say here. WTF is with some people thinking they have the answers better than a spouse. It's not right. Fucking tragic.

What if the spouse had been with another woman for years?

I tis not even close to Terri case - the girl is BRAIN DEAD which means DEAD.

Terri was breathing herself and was able to maintain hemodynamics without outside intervention. She was severely mentally impaired, but she was not BRAIN DEAD.

If the 13 yo is really brain dead she wont be alive otherwise much longer - judge ruling or no judge ruling ( an idiocy by itself) - brain is necessary for other functions to stay on track. one can procrastinate from the flatlining only some time - usually the amount needed fro organ harvest.

That must be comforting to the parents to know the motive of the hospital is to cover their asses and mutilate their daughter

i think it is up to her parents...simple as that....

will conservative fight to make this women give birth?

Texas Father Barred from Taking Pregnant Wife Off Life Support

here I think it is up to her husband

no, it is NOT.

if a person is BRAIN DEAD they are DEAD by all medical and judicial meanings.
brain death IS death. Short term life support provides the ability to organ harvest, but otherwise it is not usually needed to have the family consent to turn off the life support.

the woman in Texas is clearly NOT brain dead as not only are her organs functioning enough to keep her alive but enough to keep the baby growing.
If she would be BRAIN dead - she would be all dead today.

Brain dead means there is no PERFUSION in the brain, not cortical brain activity. She is, most probably, decorticated, but not brain dead.

That must be comforting to the parents to know the motive of the hospital is to cover their asses and mutilate their daughter

who is covering what? it is the mother who wants her to be kept on the ventilator.

which won't help if she is brain dead - she will die soon from other problems.

no, she was not. she was not on life support and maintained organ functioning for years.

millions of people are fed through the PEG tube.'

what was done to Terri Schiavo is beyond cruelty ( starving to death) - and all for the greedy not even husband anymore.

If he did not want her to survive - he should have signed DNR orders after the accident not years after she was d/c home.

Last edited:

no, she was not. she was not on life support and maintained organ functioning for years.

what was done to Terri Schiavo is beyond cruelty ( starving to death) - and all for the greedy not even husband anymore.

If he did not want her to survive - he should have signed DNR orders after the accident not years after she was d/c home.

What's even worse is that Schiavo was mutilated just so they could say "yeah, she would never have improved" so that justified sawing her skull open and removing her brain. Way to treat your recently deceased spouse that you fucking ordered killed despite living with another woman for years

Her brain was half the size it should have been. The autopsy refuted the claims made by the parents. She was not cognitive of her surroundings and she was blind. According to her autopsy results "doctors said her reactions were automatic responses and not evidence of thought or consciousness". From Schiavo autopsy shows irreversible damage - US news | NBC News

What's even worse is that Schiavo was mutilated just so they could say "yeah, she would never have improved" so that justified sawing her skull open and removing her brain. Way to treat your recently deceased spouse that you fucking ordered killed despite living with another woman for years

The autopsy showed that Terri Schiavo's brain was half the size it should have been and that there was absolutely no chance she would have improved or recovered. Those are the medical facts. If you want to call an autopsy a "mutilation", that is fine. Backwards ideas still have a place in this world, if only as an example of how ignorance effects people.

what do you mean by "mutilated"?
autopsy is not mutilation - it is a necessary procedure needed in many cases. In many countries if a person is dying in the hospital - an autopsy is a must, there are no other options.
And most certainly nobody can sue if there was no autopsy performed after death - this is all-American idiocy only.

Her brain was half the size it should have been. The autopsy refuted the claims made by the parents. She was not cognitive of her surroundings and she was blind. According to her autopsy results "doctors said her reactions were automatic responses and not evidence of thought or consciousness". From Schiavo autopsy shows irreversible damage - US news | NBC News

so what? cognitive function is not always dependent on brain size.
it might be present albeit impaired even if 1/3 of the brain is gone.

should we kill all blind people? preferably by starving them to death?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back