Will Jalen Rose lose his job at ESPN?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

And by the way, I don't believe his racist comment should get his ass canned, but everyone here knows what would have happened if a white analyst had made this sort of comment about a black player.

Former NBA star Jalen Rose says US should have sent all-black team to Olympics, calls inclusion of single white player, Kevin Love, 'tokenism' and says Bahamian Deandre Ayton would have made a better pick​

• Team USA's inclusion of white forward Kevin Love on the Olympic roster is an example of 'tokenism,' according to retired NBA star Jalen Rose
  • Speaking on his podcast, Rose said that Love played poorly for the Cavaliers this season and did not deserve a spot on the US Olympic roster in Tokyo
  • Rose said Suns center Deandre Ayton was a more deserving pick that Love, who struggled this season, but did win an Olympic gold medal with the US in 2012
  • Ayton is from the Bahamas. He is ineligible to play for Team USA unless he becomes a US citizen, amid claims he'd make a 'perfect fit'
  • Four of the last five US men's Olympic teams were comprised of only black players, and Love remains the only white player on the squad since 1996

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

And by the way, I don't believe his racist comment should get his ass canned, but everyone here knows what would have happened if a white analyst had made this sort of comment about a black player.

Former NBA star Jalen Rose says US should have sent all-black team to Olympics, calls inclusion of single white player, Kevin Love, 'tokenism' and says Bahamian Deandre Ayton would have made a better pick​

• Team USA's inclusion of white forward Kevin Love on the Olympic roster is an example of 'tokenism,' according to retired NBA star Jalen Rose
  • Speaking on his podcast, Rose said that Love played poorly for the Cavaliers this season and did not deserve a spot on the US Olympic roster in Tokyo
  • Rose said Suns center Deandre Ayton was a more deserving pick that Love, who struggled this season, but did win an Olympic gold medal with the US in 2012
  • Ayton is from the Bahamas. He is ineligible to play for Team USA unless he becomes a US citizen, amid claims he'd make a 'perfect fit'
  • Four of the last five US men's Olympic teams were comprised of only black players, and Love remains the only white player on the squad since 1996

Where is his statement false?

• Banned
Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Does it matter?
We know that accusations of tokenism have been leveled for decades throughout our society. Much of the time a Affirmative Action hire is tokenism.

However, this is the era of wokenism not tokenism, so let's see if ESPN are hypocrites. Likely they'll do nothing since we all know how this shit works.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Who cares? Just because you're Black and you "want" something doesn't mean you get it.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Does it matter?
We know that accusations of tokenism have been leveled for decades throughout our society. Much of the time a Affirmative Action hire is tokenism.

However, this is the era of wokenism not tokenism, so let's see if ESPN are hypocrites. Likely they'll do nothing since we all know how this shit works.
Where is Jalen incorrect?

His opinion is fine, it is just an opinion and apparently to the Olympic Committee it doesn't count.

Had it been a white person saying something similar, true or not, they would probably lose their job.

Not sure how well a player played or not this year or who is going or not going, I haven't cared since the dream team back in the 90's maybe? Not sure of the year.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

All of those tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of jobs of the best of the best as many are denied to keep us competitive in the world given to quotas, equity and political correctness, well we are seeing the results. There were many who were better then Sally Ride that were not given a position. Just one.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Does it matter?

I didn't say he was. In fact, since I don't follow the NBA anymore I have no idea what kind of season Love has had.

That's not the point. The point is this isn't something you can say today if you're white, so I would like to see the same standard for everyone. ESPN needs to address this.

His opinion is fine, it is just an opinion and apparently to the Olympic Committee it doesn't count.

Had it been a white person saying something similar, true or not, they would probably lose their job.

Not sure how well a player played or not this year or who is going or not going, I haven't cared since the dream team back in the 90's maybe? Not sure of the year.

'92.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Does it matter?

I didn't say he was. In fact, since I don't follow the NBA anymore I have no idea what kind of season Love has had.

That's not the point. The point is this isn't something you can say today if you're white, so I would like to see the same standard for everyone. ESPN needs to address this.
What do you mean you couldn't say.

He may be correct when it comes to a talent and meritocracy thing. I don’t watch NBA but I do recall Love having an outlet pass talent that rivals Wes Unseld. Sometimes the chemistry of players trumps sheer talent. Ask the 76ers of 1977 and 1978.
Rose should be asked about black tokens when it comes to every other profession.
Plus, our Olympic teams should represent the United States of America and not the States of Africa-America.

Completely agree with Rose. Now, can we get after all those affirmative action corporate executives and NFL coaches? They are fucking things up.

So awesome when lefties stumble into common sense arguments without first checking with their handlers.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

Colors match the China agenda, so no.

Ummmmm, when pigs fly.

since we are now - as the lefties like - moving to equity, and whites account for say 66% of the population, then should 66% of the team be white?

I mean we are told not to look at skill, intelligence, etc, simply count and select by the numbers

Forum List

Back