will Irene force Obama to cut his vac. short?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
A crisis in Libya couldn't do it, the stock market collapse couldn't do it and a earthquake couldn't do it but it seems (sniff sniff) that a hurricane might spoil Barry's vacation.

Last edited:
Trivia question:

Which president took more vacation days than any other?

I'll give you a hint: his dad was also a president.

Should Presidents vacation?

Not sure.

Around this time GW Bush clocked 180 days, Reagan 108, Obama 70, Clinton 24.

Should we use the "Clinton" Standard from now on?

Because you guys sure as heck didn't complain about Bush's or Reagan's vacations.

Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's.

Should Presidents vacation?

Not sure.

Around this time GW Bush clocked 180 days, Reagan 108, Obama 70, Clinton 24.

Should we use the "Clinton" Standard from now on?

Because you guys sure as heck didn't complain about Bush's or Reagan's vacations.

Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's.

The Presidency is a 24/7 job. You're President no matter where or what you are doing.
I really could care less. I think the extravangence of the trips the current President takes are at the very least hypocritical the way he rails on about the "rich" and their extravagant spending.

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

How's that justifying bad behavior going so far new guy?

Excellent strawman!

When right wingers jump on Obama for taking vacation, they're ignoring the fact that the last Republican president took a lot more vacation time than the current Democrat president. That's all.

The whole argument is silly, imo. Any president is entitled to time off like everybody else.

Trivia question:

Which president took more vacation days than any other?

I'll give you a hint: his dad was also a president.

Ahhhh so because BUSH was an idiot that means its ok for obama to be a putz....i get it.

Excellent strawman!

When right wingers jump on Obama for taking vacation, they're ignoring the fact that the last Republican president took a lot more vacation time than the current Democrat president. That's all.

The whole argument is silly, imo. Any president is entitled to time off like everybody else.

You need to read up on strawman arguments...here is a wiki link that might help Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My pointing out the hypocrisy of saying "since bush made bad choices then its ok that obama makes similar bad choices" is not a straw man argument. It is a statement of opinion.

You need to read up on strawman arguments...here is a wiki link that might help

My pointing out the hypocrisy of saying "since bush made bad choices then its ok that obama makes similar bad choices" is not a straw man argument. It is a statement of opinion.

I have a degree in philosophy. I'm quite familiar with what is and isn't a straw man, thanks. Your statement above in its original form was not a statement of your opinion; it was putting words in my mouth to draw a conclusion that I never drew so that you could take a swing at it, which is a straw man per your own link.

Dear Sallow "Oh..and you did complain about Clinton's. "
It wasn't the relative absence of vacation days during Mr Clinton's tenure, it was what Mr Clinton did with his spare time whether he was on or off vacation, blue dresses, the groping of Executive Office job applicants and all that.

Its common practice for a home builder to place the 'sonotubes', long cylindrical cardboard tubes that provide the forms for and the frost proof footings for the future deck anchors, in position at the time the excavator backfills the foundation. The tubes are intended to be filled with concrete at some later time.
One of the tasks the buider must do before filling the tubes with concrete is clean and remove the garbage and other assorted debris that inevitably accumulates in the bottoms of these tubes. This happens in spite of the liberal placing of garbage and refuse receptacles around the job site. The only conclsuion you can possibly draw from this is that male hominids are instinctively compelled to fill any empty hole they come across with whatever is available at the time.

Forum List

Back