Will dems bring back Obamacare penalty?

" Up Front Would Have Had To Supplement All Income Brackets "

* Democrat Over Drawn Authoritarian Policies As Usual *

They cannot bring it back. The Supreme Ct declared it unconstitutional
The issue with individual mandate is that once an individual or family is no longer qualified for the tax reimbursement by earning beyond 400% of the poverty line , the out of pocket premium expenses for insurance may be exorbitant ; the government cannot mandate insurance to those whose premiums its does not subsidize .

If the aca had mandated insurance only for those who qualify for the tax reimbursement , then the individual mandate may have been constitutional ; however , the individual mandate applied even to those outside the 400% poverty line - Low Cost Marketplace Health Care, Qualifying Income Levels .

Health Insurance Premiums and Cost Sharing under PPACA for Average Family of 4[98][103][104][105][106]
Income % of federal poverty levelPremium Cap as a Percentage of IncomeIncome $ (family of 4)aMax Annual Out-of-Pocket PremiumPremium SavingsbAdditional Cost-Sharing Subsidy
100%2%$23,850$477$10,851$5,040
133%3%$31,721$952$10,376$5,040
150%4%$35,775$1,431$9,897$5,040
200%6.3%$47,700$3,005$8,323$4,000
250%8.05%$59,625$4,800$6,528$1,930
300%9.5%$71,550$6,797$4,531$1,480
350%9.5%$83,475$7,930$3,398$1,480
400%9.5%$95,400$9,063$2,265$1,480
  1. ^ Note: The 2014 FPL is $11,670 for a single person and about $23,850 for family of four.[85] See Subsidy Calculator for specific dollar amount.[107]
  2. ^ DHHS and CBO estimate the average annual premium cost in 2014 will be $11,328 for a family of 4 without the reform.[104]

600px-PPACA_Premium_CRS.jpg

Last edited:
" Money Multiplier Delusions "

* Perpetual Over Expense *

Solving simple poverty via UC means all those persons can also participate in that market sector.
Individuals at or below the federal poverty line ( FPL ) are eligible for , if not automatically enrolled in , mediare , and pretending that participation in a " market sector " is the same thing as participating in a profit generating , free enterprise , business is idiotic as clearly the costs of medical services , even under the strict payment schedules for treatment set by us government upon private health care providers , generates less revenue for the government than it consumes .

The U.S. federal government is obligated under current law to make mandatory payments for programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) projects that payouts for these programs will significantly exceed tax revenues over the next 75 years. The Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) payouts already exceed program tax revenues, and social security payouts exceeded payroll taxes in fiscal 2010. These deficits require funding from other tax sources or borrowing.[29]

Last edited:
I was happy the reps got rid of the penalty for not being able to afford Obamacare. I think the dems will bring it back. That is their solution for USA healthcare.

Someday a job may offer to pay your penalty as your healthcare bonus. The actual insurance will be unaffordable and few will offer it as healthcare costs will only keep skyrocketing.

As was said on TV by one dem senator. We can't afford Medicare for some let alone Medicare for all.

I guess the dems are trying to let their supporters down easy. The poor idiots thought they would get everything for free. All they will get is a return of the Obamacare penalty.

If you want socialized healthcare it must be in addition to fee for service healthcare. You need both. The rich people don't want socialized and the poor can't afford the rich version.

But you will never get it. The greedy healthcare system does not want one penny taken from them.

View attachment 414380
It was to insure a fiscally prudent liability pool. Maybe try another tact. Like a tax credit instead. Say you can take a write off equvilant to 1/3rd or maybe half of what you paid in insurance premiums.

" Money Multiplier Delusions "

* Perpetual Over Expense *

Solving simple poverty via UC means all those persons can also participate in that market sector.
Individuals at or below the federal poverty line ( FPL ) are eligible for , if not automatically enrolled in , mediare , and pretending that participation in a " market sector " is the same thing as participating in a profit generating , free enterprise , business is idiotic as clearly the costs of medical services , even under the strict payment schedules for treatment set by us government upon private health care providers , generates less revenue for the government than it consumes .

The U.S. federal government is obligated under current law to make mandatory payments for programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) projects that payouts for these programs will significantly exceed tax revenues over the next 75 years. The Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) payouts already exceed program tax revenues, and social security payouts exceeded payroll taxes in fiscal 2010. These deficits require funding from other tax sources or borrowing.[29]

UC has already proven a higher multiplier than means tested policies. It really does mean more participation and more profit potential for market participants.

I was happy the reps got rid of the penalty for not being able to afford Obamacare. I think the dems will bring it back. That is their solution for USA healthcare.

Someday a job may offer to pay your penalty as your healthcare bonus. The actual insurance will be unaffordable and few will offer it as healthcare costs will only keep skyrocketing.

As was said on TV by one dem senator. We can't afford Medicare for some let alone Medicare for all.

I guess the dems are trying to let their supporters down easy. The poor idiots thought they would get everything for free. All they will get is a return of the Obamacare penalty.

If you want socialized healthcare it must be in addition to fee for service healthcare. You need both. The rich people don't want socialized and the poor can't afford the rich version.

But you will never get it. The greedy healthcare system does not want one penny taken from them.

View attachment 414380
He said he would by executive order

View attachment 414380
Nope. We will have 100% socialized medicine and higher taxes. Say goodbye to your private healthcare plan.

View attachment 414380
Nope. We will have 100% socialized medicine and higher taxes. Say goodbye to your private healthcare plan.
Increase the minimum wage until even the Poor can afford to pay their share of the tax burden in modern economic times!

Forum List

Back