will democrats support the protesters in Hong Kong ?

Freedom loving Americans all support Hong Kong. Democrats definitely don't. I think they're afraid of offending their biggest political supporter, the Chinese communist party.

will democrats condemn china for their attempts to deny the people of Hong Kong their freedom ?? so far weve heard very little criticism of china from the left ....very very telling indeed ....

Not our problem. This is an internal Chinese matter.

Actually, not. We have treaties with Hong Kong and have sworn our support.

The left continues to defend our enemies and break promises and trust with our allies. Soon, if they're left unchecked, the world will see us as unreliable as any banana republic.

will democrats condemn china for their attempts to deny the people of Hong Kong their freedom ?? so far weve heard very little criticism of china from the left ....very very telling indeed ....

Umm well, yes. Both Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate stated their support for Hong Kong....so...another piece of shit thrown against the wall by the right wing that fails to stick.

Next....???
i havnt heard dems publicly condemning chinas actions ?

Stop diving down into alt-right media then. This is old but it gets the point across.
House approves bills supporting pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong
but do you support them???

You'll have to explain to me first, why does it matter to you? (In the context of our political system).
We live in the United States of America. Not China. Do you think we can raise our voices here and be heard in China??
Didn't work for Tiananmen Square. Hasn't worked for Tibet.
Or are you just looking for another right wing wedge to divide...them vs us?
so you dont support their desire to be free from a tyrannical communist government,,,
GOT IT,,,

Bored....Yep, just using it as right wing excuse for attempted wedge issue....check...:)
republicans arent right wing and I'm not a republican,,,

but based on your responses youre communist lover,,,

Hey, the 80's called. They want their communist sayings back. The right wing nests in the Republican Party.
So answer the question..especially in light of your sides disdain for anything Chinese.
Why do you care?..Really.
your dodging the fact youre a communist sympathizer,,,

you should have kept your mouth shut,,

Oh jeepers, now we've gone back to the 50's.
That you Joe? :)
are you saying you do support them???

The Democrats will do nothing to upset their bosses in China.
not a derogatory word will come from the Democrats no matter what China does

Umm well, yes. Both Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate stated their support for Hong Kong....so...another piece of shit thrown against the wall by the right wing that fails to stick.

Next....???

Stop diving down into alt-right media then. This is old but it gets the point across.

You'll have to explain to me first, why does it matter to you? (In the context of our political system).
We live in the United States of America. Not China. Do you think we can raise our voices here and be heard in China??
so you dont support their desire to be free from a tyrannical communist government,,,
GOT IT,,,

Bored....Yep, just using it as right wing excuse for attempted wedge issue....check...:)

Hey, the 80's called. They want their communist sayings back. The right wing nests in the Republican Party.
So answer the question..especially in light of your sides disdain for anything Chinese.

Why does it matter to you so much? I know why it does. So you can have a talking point to yell, scream, and point your finger at...no matter which way I answer.
So I won't, mostly because I know it irritates you. :) As this is a Chinese matter, the people of Hong Kong can handle it. I mean after all, they do have the numbers.

No, the Democrats will not do anything concrete to help the Hong Kongers.

But, then, neither will the Republicans.

Both parties will say the right words, but they will do nothing.

(Let's all hope that President Biden and Vice President Harris/Abrams will stand by Taiwan if China attempts to invade it.)

Next....???

GOT IT,,,

Why does it matter to you so much? I know why it does. So you can have a talking point to yell, scream, and point your finger at...no matter which way I answer.
So I won't, mostly because I know it irritates you. :) As this is a Chinese matter, the people of Hong Kong can handle it. I mean after all, they do have the numbers.
I ask because you opened your mouth,,,

next time keep your mouth shut,,,,

Next....???

GOT IT,,,

And I like that it annoys you that I won't answer. Because you "patriots" can't use it as a talking point.
I'll open my mouth when I please, mostly because I like pointing out your extremism and hypocrisy.

Next....???

GOT IT,,,

And I like that it annoys you that I won't answer. Because you "patriots" can't use it as a talking point.
I'll open my mouth when I please, mostly because I like pointing out your extremism and hypocrisy.
I'm not annoyed,,,I expected the hypocrisy,,,

but it seems you are annoyed by holding your feet to the fire,,,

This puts the American left in a pickle. Normally they would be supportive of protesters that hit the streets and break things.
However, in this case, "the man" is the Chinese government, which as we've all seen are their new heroes. Tsk tsk.

Next....???

GOT IT,,,

the reason that it matters is china has unleashed a virus on the world that has killed hundreds of thousands and while the world is fighting their virus they have stepped up their communist mission of conquest .

Next....???

GOT IT,,,

you sound as though you dont like patriots ! is the word patriot something you frown upon ?

Actually, not. We have treaties with Hong Kong and have sworn our support.

The left continues to defend our enemies and break promises and trust with our allies. Soon, if they're left unchecked, the world will see us as unreliable as any banana republic.

Hong Kong isn't an independent country, we can't have a treaty with it.

The problem here is that Hong Kong is a part of China. It was part of China even when the British were there, they British were there under a LEASE, not a colony.

I look at this from the Chinese perspective. Hong Kong was leased to the British as part of the humiliating terms at the end of the First Opium War. (That's when the British went to war with China so they could keep shipping them addictive drugs!) For the next century, China was humiliated by the west, which took advantage of internal divisions. Then the Communists united the country. They couldn't take Hong Kong back until the lease expired, but when it did, it was all theirs.

Now, the main thing that keeps China from moving into Hong Kong and throwing all these assholes into a gulag is that it would cause economic disruption. But legally, they have every right to do so.

This thread is bullshit. Republicans have been boning China since Nixon. Republican executives do all their business with China. The Republican President has all his merchandise made in China. Republicans love the strong man in China that Trump wants to be. Republicans killed organized labor in this country and now we have no labor in the US and China has it all.

And you morons want to hang your hat on the fact that democrats don’t believe the narrative from the president that the China is the sole reason we are in the worst covid situation in the world? Pointing out that Trump denied any risk from covid doesn’t make democrats Chinese supporters.

Hong Kong is one of the greatest cities on Earth. Hong Kong, NYC, and London are top notch. Possibly in that order. i lived in Hong Kong for a few months. It’s people are liberal and kind which go together well. ;)

This thread is bullshit. Republicans have been boning China since Nixon. Republican executives do all their business with China. The Republican President has all his merchandise made in China. Republicans love the strong man in China that Trump wants to be. Republicans killed organized labor in this country and now we have no labor in the US and China has it all.

And you morons want to hang your hat on the fact that democrats don’t believe the narrative from the president that the China is the sole reason we are in the worst covid situation in the world? Pointing out that Trump denied any risk from covid doesn’t make democrats Chinese supporters.
They`re morons? A couple minutes of these interviews with Trump`s supporters proves it.

Dems don't get up in the morning without checking with Beijing first for permission....
Do you believe your own bullshit? Seriously? You may actually believe in the cause of the probably doomed HK democracy protesters but here in America you wish you could run over protesters if they block traffic.
I believe in and support the democratic freedom-loving Hong Kong protesters

they are fighting against the same brutal inhumane communist dictatorship that threatens America

Dems don't get up in the morning without checking with Beijing first for permission....
Do you believe your own bullshit? Seriously? You may actually believe in the cause of the probably doomed HK democracy protesters but here in America you wish you could run over protesters if they block traffic.
I believe in and support the democratic freedom-loving Hong Kong protesters

they are fighting against the same brutal inhumane communist dictatorship that threatens America
What can be more irrelevant than what you believe? When you get to HK send us a photo of yourself supporting the protesters.

New Topics

Forum List

Back