Will Democrats accept election loss? New report says no

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I think it's safe to say regardless of who wins the other side will not accept the loss. There will be lawsuits flying in multiple states and allegations of cheating, fraud, illegal voters, etc all the way across the board. These states suddenly moving to an all mail in election will only exacerbate that and instill more distrust in the system.

So those are the four scenarios. In only one did a candidate win a clear victory and the opposing candidate refuse to accept the result. And the loser who refused to accept the result was Biden — not Trump. That is precisely the opposite of the Trump-won't-accept-results speculation that has dominated the media in recent weeks.

If Trump wins he'll have no choice but to fully enact the authoritarianism he's so fond of because the streets are going to be completely on fire

Interesting article. Despite what some delusional posters may say, the Democrats accepted Trump's victory as evidenced by Hillary's concession speech. If either candidate wins decisively then there really is no issue. If Biden wins the popular vote by a slim margin but loses the electoral college I don't expect much in the way of unrest. The problem comes in is if Trump wins the electoral college and loses the popular vote by let us say more than 5,000,000 votes. Let us further presume that Biden wins greater than 50% of the vote as well. We are not talking a slim margin of the vote for Biden but a substantial margin of the popular vote. It would mean that Republicans have not won the popular vote in the last three out of four times they won the presidency. I would then expect some unrest, but that Trump would be eventually inaugurated as president. There will be a growing chorus to abolish the electoral college which I agree with Bryon may be a compromise.

My own prediction is that Biden wins decisively enough where there is no doubt who won.

Democrats have spent four years trying to find some way to reverse the last election. We have already seen the violence the left craves. They will be even more unhinged after the election. If by Cheating and amazing luck Biden wins they will push for every delusional wish they have on their little minds. When Trump wins there may have to arrests and even gun play to to get the left to pretend to act civilized.

neither side will accept a loss. Being that I have no dog in the race I'm just getting the popcorn ready

Democrats have spent four years trying to find some way to reverse the last election. We have already seen the violence the left craves. They will be even more unhinged after the election. If by Cheating and amazing luck Biden wins they will push for every delusional wish they have on their little minds. When Trump wins there may have to arrests and even gun play to to get the left to pretend to act civilized.
Wrong. The impeachment of Trump was because of Trump's own conduct.

Dimocrats have never accepted the 2016 election results, so there's no reason to believe they'll accept the 2020 election if Trump wins.

Democrat's have never accepted a presidential election losses.

Progs are into politics and control of others as people are into working for the hours needed to make their businesses successful. Then after living off of others often quite easily, they destroy the businesses.

If Trump wins he'll have no choice but to fully enact the authoritarianism he's so fond of because the streets are going to be completely on fire

You don't seem to have any issue with authoritarianism as long as the people you vote for are the ones doing it.

I think it's safe to say regardless of who wins the other side will not accept the loss. There will be lawsuits flying in multiple states and allegations of cheating, fraud, illegal voters, etc all the way across the board. These states suddenly moving to an all mail in election will only exacerbate that and instill more distrust in the system.

So those are the four scenarios. In only one did a candidate win a clear victory and the opposing candidate refuse to accept the result. And the loser who refused to accept the result was Biden — not Trump. That is precisely the opposite of the Trump-won't-accept-results speculation that has dominated the media in recent weeks.

The democrats did not accept the loss in 2016 and staged a coup against Trump to remove him from office....

Will Democrats accept election loss? New report says no

Brilliant. Democrats haven't accepted the election loss from 2016, why should they 2020?
  • They created a Russian conspiracy theory to explain it.
  • Hillary wrote a book of fiction to justify it.
  • Democrats impeached Trump over nothing to codify it.
  • They've attacked our electoral election system for allowing it.
Now they intend to try to win this election by bypassing the entire election process with a hidden candidate with no campaign, convention, message, interviews or debates, because they figure if you do NOTHING with a flawed candidate, you can do nothing wrong.

Forum List

Back