Will Biden's moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands cause gas prices to increase?

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data

The world is awash in oil NOW without drilling on Federal lands.

What's with this weird lie that gas prises are "rising"?

Gas prices are lowering. Gas was nearly $3.75 in Texas in 2008.

EDIT: for reference, I filled up earlier this week and it's $2.49/ga right now.
In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.
Texas closed for a week.
OMG that is so simple minded....the gasoline we are pumping into our cars today left the refinery months ago....the freeze will bring costs up but not for 3-6 months from now....
what is causing gas to go up is the rhetoric from Biden....he is scaring the shit out of the oil industry...and they are packing the money away to battle Biden in court....
Yeah you live in a different world? Gas prices fluctuate quickly. War starts in Middle East and it will be up drastically the next day, possibly that evening.
That's ridiculous....a week of frozen refineries does not add up to a war in the middle east oil region....
It goes up and down a lot and quickly. I’m shocked you are unaware.

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data
I’m sure gas prices will go up a bit because of his policies. I also think progress with renewables will greatly improve
The point is federal land leases are directly under Biden's signature.
With 1/4th of oil production from federal lands... his moratorium WILL have an affect. Dramatically.
Here is the link you can follow to see what the recent Fed. leases under Bush,Obama and Trump.
Obama signed more leases in one year...the remaining 7 years fewer leases.
Trump was increasing and one of those was ANWAR is short for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. holds 10 Billion barrels of Oil, enough Oil to get the United States by for two years. There is only one problem, there is currently a ban on drilling at this field in Alaska which is referred to as the North Slope.!!! Thanks Biden!
View attachment 464180
You’re being over dramatic. Biden is going to push green policies so oil prices will go up but it’s not the disaster that you paint it as. There needs to be some pressure if people are going to change their habits

We don't need to change our habits, I am sorry you're so worried about cow farts.
I’m not worried about cow farts

I'm not worried about Global Cooling/Acid Rain/Over Population/Global Warming/Climate Change.

In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.

Demand was zilch during covid.

Tue January 26, 2021

I’m sure gas prices will go up a bit because of his policies. I also think progress with renewables will greatly improve
The point is federal land leases are directly under Biden's signature.
With 1/4th of oil production from federal lands... his moratorium WILL have an affect. Dramatically.
Here is the link you can follow to see what the recent Fed. leases under Bush,Obama and Trump.
Obama signed more leases in one year...the remaining 7 years fewer leases.
Trump was increasing and one of those was ANWAR is short for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. holds 10 Billion barrels of Oil, enough Oil to get the United States by for two years. There is only one problem, there is currently a ban on drilling at this field in Alaska which is referred to as the North Slope.!!! Thanks Biden!
View attachment 464180
You’re being over dramatic. Biden is going to push green policies so oil prices will go up but it’s not the disaster that you paint it as. There needs to be some pressure if people are going to change their habits

We don't need to change our habits, I am sorry you're so worried about cow farts.
I’m not worried about cow farts

I'm not worried about Global Cooling/Acid Rain/Over Population/Global Warming/Climate Change.
Yes that is obvious

Texas closed for a week.
OMG that is so simple minded....the gasoline we are pumping into our cars today left the refinery months ago....the freeze will bring costs up but not for 3-6 months from now....
what is causing gas to go up is the rhetoric from Biden....he is scaring the shit out of the oil industry...and they are packing the money away to battle Biden in court....
Yeah you live in a different world? Gas prices fluctuate quickly. War starts in Middle East and it will be up drastically the next day, possibly that evening.
That's ridiculous....a week of frozen refineries does not add up to a war in the middle east oil region....
It goes up and down a lot and quickly. I’m shocked you are unaware.
I have family in Texas that have worked for the oil industry for generations....

Texas closed for a week.
Why don't you do a little research like I do and provide links LIKE I DO?
Or are you too lazy, too dumb or what? But without links to support your comments, NO ONE BELIEVES YOU!
But you totally ignore the DIRECT affect a President has by signing Federal leases.
By signing a moratorium on leases 1/4th of Americans oil and 1/8th of natural gas will be reduced.
About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal land...
n Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019,
according to federal data.

Gas When Bush Left Office, $1.78 -- Gas Today, $3.64 -- Highest Average Price in Calif., $4.20 | CNSNews
In 2009 a gallon of as was $1.78 when Obammy the brown turd took over the President's office. Then when he necessarily drove the cost up to $4.00 fracking on private land(not because of the turd) gasoline prices came down again. When President Trump(who had a rigged election in 2016 and won) opened up federal lands prices went down even farther. But typical queers like you, have to resort to 13 years ago to find a price that you could compare with. Ah yes, gasoline since XiBiden took over is 60 cents more, and climbing higher. I do hope you feel the pain at the pump soon. I smile because i dont have to go anywhere, for my Grocery store is about 2 miles away, easy for a bike ride...

Tue January 26, 2021

No it isn't awash with oil, the cost are going up as a reaction to the forecasted large increase in gasoline and oil use:

CNN Business

Oil is up nearly 70% since the election, a record in the modern era

LINK

Tue January 26, 2021

I can't imagine the current rise in prices has much to do with it. There is a lot of lead time between getting permits and actual production.

Tue January 26, 2021

No it isn't awash with oil, the cost are going up as a reaction to the forecasted large increase in gasoline and oil use:

CNN Business

LINK
I have chevron stock. The oil companies are doing real well under XiBiden...

Tue January 26, 2021

I can't imagine the current rise in prices has much to do with it. There is a lot of lead time between getting permits and actual production.

The oil majors really don't want to drill on Federal lands. The regulations have always been ornerous.. even back during the Bush presidency..

Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.
BULLSHIT
I posted a link for you Doubting Thomas types. I couldn't believe it either yet there it was.

Tue January 26, 2021

CNN Business

LINK
I have chevron stock. The oil companies are doing real well under XiBiden...
Just heavily in debt.

Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.
BULLSHIT
I posted a link for you Doubting Thomas types. I couldn't believe it either yet there it was.
gas prices have gone UP since the stupid bastard got into office

You know back in the 1920’s gas was about 2 cents a gallon. Why don’t we use those numbers?

Oh right, because that would be stupid. Yet here you are.

Hiw about we compare prices now versus 2020. It’s up about 50 to 60 cents a gallon.

Texas closed for a week.
Kill a pipeline and thousands of jobs.............prices go up.

Kill drilling on Federal land and water..........prices go up.

Tue January 26, 2021

We aren't drilling on federal lands and in federal waters?

Gotta link to that crock of total shit?

Forum List

Back