Will Biden's moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands cause gas prices to increase?

What's with this weird lie that gas prises are "rising"?

Gas prices are lowering. Gas was nearly $3.75 in Texas in 2008.

EDIT: for reference, I filled up earlier this week and it's $2.49/ga right now.

LATEST NEWS
MARCH GAS PRICES: IN LIKE A LION, BUT OUT LIKE A LAMB?
March 01,2021

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average

Energy is a futures commodity, anything done in the present to restrict access automatically effects prices going forward.

Gas prices were about $1.25 not that long ago in Iowa. I just got it at $2.26 I think it was today. Although to be fair... When on a lockdown and nobody is going anywhere... Gas is likely going to be plentiful and cheap.

In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.
Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.

You are LYING!

It was certainly NOT .97/gallon last year.

:cuckoo:
It was April of 2020 Goodman Missouri at the Casey's store.

It says here .99 cents.

You are a dishonest putz since the national average was far above that level and you make it seem like THAT location has gone up to $2.27/gallon since then.

Here is a far better measure of gas prices:

US Retail Gas Price

The lowest national gas price average was April 27, 2020 1.87/gallon

It is now 2.80/gallon

What you did was cherry-pick a single location... :rolleyes:
I can tell how gracious you are not. I paid .97 cents for gas and if you don't like it blow it out yer tail pipe now it is $2.47

In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.
Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.

You are LYING!

It says here .99 cents.

You are a dishonest putz since the national average was far above that level and you make it seem like THAT location has gone up to $2.27/gallon since then.

US Retail Gas Price

It is now 2.80/gallon

I can tell how gracious you are not. I paid .97 cents for gas and if you don't like it blow it out yer tail pipe now it is $2.47
So, you were caught lying (a common occurance for you) and now you are going to be a poor loser by acting like a child. Fuck you.

That is an outright lie. Gas was an average price of 1.99 (quoting from memory but nowhere was it ever under a buck) per gallon in April of 2020.
Sounds like another lying democrat wet dream to me.

You are LYING!

It says here .99 cents.

US Retail Gas Price

It is now 2.80/gallon

So, you were caught lying (a common occurance for you) and now you are going to be a poor loser by acting like a child. Fuck you.
I posted a link to prove the price of gas where the price was .97 cents and you people seem to have a problem with the truth, fuck off..

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data
It could lead to higher prices but not immediately

Gas prices were about $1.25 not that long ago in Iowa. I just got it at $2.26 I think it was today. Although to be fair... When on a lockdown and nobody is going anywhere... Gas is likely going to be plentiful and cheap.
In WA gas dipped below $2 soon after Trump took office--short lived. The price stabilized here for almost four years around $2.25 and through Nov and Dec. 2020, diesel was cheaper than reg unl. Since Biden squatted in the WH, the price here has skyrocketed to $2.89 for reg unl and $3.09 for diesel. I am expecting CCP Joe's policies to take both up to near $5 over the next year or so--just like his puppeteer, Obummer.

Around here it's gone up 30 cents since the commies took over.

Of course Biden’s policies have led to the rise in fuel prices.

Left wing Nazi cucks will lie and say they have not.

You are LYING!

It says here .99 cents.

US Retail Gas Price

It is now 2.80/gallon

I posted a link to prove the price of gas where the price was .97 cents and you people seem to have a problem with the truth, fuck off..

It was a dishonest post since you looked for the lowest single location gas price you could find probably through a google search, then make it seem like it was a normal price when it was an OUTLIER price.

My source for average gas price is a far better measure since it covers the entire nation.

You can be that dumb?

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data
It could lead to higher prices but not immediately

It does indeed. Todays fuel is refined from reserves that were bought at a lower price. When you start to restrict access those companies know that getting it out of the ground in the future will cost more, they the prices immediately to counteract the coming rising costs.

I don't get why liberals just admit they need high gas prices so electric cars can flourish

Tue January 26, 2021

I’m sure gas prices will go up a bit because of his policies. I also think progress with renewables will greatly improve

Gas prices are always rising or falling. Lol, 13 years ago? They were 49 cents a gallon in 1985. I have to pay 2.29 now? But yes, prices are rising over the last year and this administration doesn't care if they reach 5-8 bucks a gallon. Thats fact.

Did you follow this link? Latest News - AAA Gas Prices
Gas prices continue to increase, with
the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. or 3.4%
That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, or 12.3%
28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average

You are LYING!

It says here .99 cents.

US Retail Gas Price

It is now 2.80/gallon

It was a dishonest post since you looked for the lowest single location gas price you could find probably through a google search, then make it seem like it was a normal price when it was an OUTLIER price.

My source for average gas price is a far better measure since it covers the entire nation.

You can be that dumb?
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average

Tue January 26, 2021

I’m sure gas prices will go up a bit because of his policies. I also think progress with renewables will greatly improve
The point is federal land leases are directly under Biden's signature.
With 1/4th of oil production from federal lands... his moratorium WILL have an affect. Dramatically.
Here is the link you can follow to see what the recent Fed. leases under Bush,Obama and Trump.
Obama signed more leases in one year...the remaining 7 years fewer leases.
Trump was increasing and one of those was ANWAR is short for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. holds 10 Billion barrels of Oil, enough Oil to get the United States by for two years. There is only one problem, there is currently a ban on drilling at this field in Alaska which is referred to as the North Slope.!!! Thanks Biden!
OilFedleases011521signed.png

Forum List

Back