Will Biden's moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands cause gas prices to increase?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data

What's with this weird lie that gas prises are "rising"?

Gas prices are lowering. Gas was nearly $3.75 in Texas in 2008.

EDIT: for reference, I filled up earlier this week and it's $2.49/ga right now.
In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.

In PA, it was 2.27/ga when Biden took over. I just hit $3.00. It is going up all over the country. Your little anecdotal post, which is probably a lie, doesn't mean squat.
I'm not lying. Gas was astronomical in the late 00's. Anyone older than like 25 would remember this.

Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.

I'm not lying. Gas was astronomical in the late 00's. Anyone older than like 25 would remember this.
Thanks to the gulf war(s) let's do it again..

So, we are talking about the year 2021 in case you missed it.

You provided a RED HERRING to a topic that is about gas prices going up a lot since Biden became the President.

I thought we were talking about gas prices rising *checks notes*

Oh, we are.

Gasoline was .97 cents a gallon in April of 2020 and rose to $2.27 under Trump and you said nothing.
That is an outright lie. Gas was an average price of 1.99 (quoting from memory but nowhere was it ever under a buck) per gallon in April of 2020.

Oh, we are.
We are talking about gas prices rising UNDER JOE BIDEN. You're welcome.

You are LYING!

It was certainly NOT .97/gallon last year.

:cuckoo:

Oh, we are.
Was never stated in the topic title or the opening post. In fact the first sentence says

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72.

You are LYING!

It was April of 2020 Goodman Missouri at the Casey's store.

It says here .99 cents.

Oh, we are.

Will Biden's moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands cause gas prices to increase?

I though we were talking about Biden's actions in the last 5 weeks causing gas prices to increase.

Oh you are NOT!

Oh, we are.

I though we were talking about Biden's actions in the last 5 weeks causing gas prices to increase.

Oh you are NOT!

not as long as their is a glut and not as long as drillers have no incentive to start drilling...

Oh, we are.
Was never stated in the topic title or the opening post. In fact the first sentence says

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72.
Okay clown. Look at your OP.

I'll highlight it in red so yo can see it.

Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average
If the rate continues at even half or 15% per month a year from now? At least $11/gal...(close to what Obama wanted..equal to Europe).

Tue January 26, 2021
President Joe Biden is set to order a moratorium on new oil and gas leases on federal lands on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with his plans. The move is expected to be the most prominent in a series of climate actions the President will take on Wednesday, including elevating the climate crisis as a national security issue.

Killing more Texas jobs," Brady said in a Jan. 22 tweet. "After killing #KeystoneXL pipeline, #Biden suspends new oil/gas leasing on fed lands/water. If permanent, 120,000 TX jobs lost. 120,000 MORE jobless. Pssst... aren't you supposed to CREATE jobs?"

Biden’s move will have a disproportionate effect on states with large swaths of federal lands used for oil and gas activity. New Mexico, for instance, has 24 million acres of federal land, or about 32% of the state’s total land mass; Wyoming has 29 million federally owned acres, or about 47% of the state.

Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

About a quarter of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands. In Colorado, the Bureau of Land Management had leased 2.5 million acres to oiland gas companies through 2019, according to federal data

You'll notice -- if you can comprehend the English language, doubful at this point -- that we are talking about a time frame of February to the present and that the increasing prices are attributed to policies enacted by Joe Biden THIS FUCKING YEAR.

You can now apologize and then STFU

You are LYING!

It was April of 2020 Goodman Missouri at the Casey's store.

It says here .99 cents.

You are a dishonest putz since the national average was far above that level and you make it seem like THAT location has gone up to $2.27/gallon since then.

Here is a far better measure of gas prices:

US Retail Gas Price

The lowest national gas price average was April 27, 2020 1.87/gallon

It is now 2.80/gallon

What you did was cherry-pick a single location... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back