Wild-eyed environmentalists preached to us that Germany had the right plan and demanded we follow their path with wind, solar, and whatever energy.

Markle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2016
Tallahassee, FL
Wild-eyed environmentalists preached to us that Germany had the right plan and demanded we follow their path with wind, solar, and whatever energy.

How is that working out?

German Green Energy fantasies are bleeding cash and failing fast

BEEGE WELBORN 2:41 PM on December 16, 2022

The news on German energy never gets any better. It seems as if they lurch from miserable New Age renewable schemes to desperately throwing cash at the flaming remnants trying to mitigate the fallout, then lather, rinse repeat. In the meantime, for all the promises of greener pastures, the wind doesn’t blow, winter is cold, the Russians start a war – the Germans can’t manipulate a thing to fall their way.

[...]

Coal has made a comeback in Germany this year, as Europe’s largest economy turns to the dirty fuel to power it through an energy crisis.

More than a third (36.3%) of the electricity fed into the German power grids between July and September came from coal-fired power plants, compared with 31.9 percent in the third quarter of 2021, according to German statistics office Destatis.

Long demonised by Germany’s Green party, which leads some of the government’s top ministries, coal was set to be phased out by 2030, but Russia’s war with Ukraine and gas export curbs, brought coal back into favour.

Coal-to-power generation output rose by 13.3% year-on-year to 42.9 terawatt hours (TWh) in the three months of July-September, during which overall German power output – at 118.1 TWh – lagged the same period in 2021 by 0.5 percent, Destatis said.

Gas generation rose slightly, despite high prices, as wind and hydro power output were low, and domestic nuclear output also fell in July-Sept.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2022/12/16/german-green-energy-fantasies-are-bleeding-cash-and-failing-fast-n518296

How is that working out?

The news on German energy never gets any better. It seems as if they lurch from miserable New Age renewable schemes to desperately throwing cash at the flaming remnants trying to mitigate the fallout, then lather, rinse repeat. In the meantime, for all the promises of greener pastures, the wind doesn’t blow, winter is cold, the Russians start a war – the Germans can’t manipulate a thing to fall their way.

[...]
Coal has made a comeback in Germany this year, as Europe’s largest economy turns to the dirty fuel to power it through an energy crisis.
More than a third (36.3%) of the electricity fed into the German power grids between July and September came from coal-fired power plants, compared with 31.9 percent in the third quarter of 2021, according to German statistics office Destatis.
Long demonised by Germany’s Green party, which leads some of the government’s top ministries, coal was set to be phased out by 2030, but Russia’s war with Ukraine and gas export curbs, brought coal back into favour.
Coal-to-power generation output rose by 13.3% year-on-year to 42.9 terawatt hours (TWh) in the three months of July-September, during which overall German power output – at 118.1 TWh – lagged the same period in 2021 by 0.5 percent, Destatis said.
Gas generation rose slightly, despite high prices, as wind and hydro power output were low, and domestic nuclear output also fell in July-Sept.
https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2022/12/16/german-green-energy-fantasies-are-bleeding-cash-and-failing-fast-n518296
The urge to wean yourself off of the resources of religious fundamentalist extremist dictators seems to be strong in everyone but the MAGA crowd

Wild-eyed environmentalists preached to us that Germany had the right plan and demanded we follow their path with wind, solar, and whatever energy. ????????????
Which ones did that? German ones? I do not remember anybody preaching we should do that because the Germans did that. Maybe I was busy working for a living back then.

Wild-eyed environmentalists preached to us that Germany had the right plan and demanded we follow their path with wind, solar, and whatever energy. ????????????
Which ones did that? German ones? I do not remember anybody preaching we should do that because the Germans did that. Maybe I was busy working for a living back then.

Nah, you just weren't paying attention.

Nah, you just weren't paying attention.
Had better things to do. I still have nothing against most environmentalists, as I have always been a avid outdoors man. Always liked the back country, the unpolluted, pristine forests, mountains, streams, that I have hiked, camped, climbed and canoed or kayaked. I hiked one 2 months ago, and I am skiing another one, next month, with my sons and other family members.

Had better things to do. I still have nothing against most environmentalists, as I have always been a avid outdoors man. Always liked the back country, the unpolluted, pristine forests, mountains, streams, that I have hiked, camped, climbed and canoed or kayaked. I hiked one 2 months ago, and I am skiing another one, next month, with my sons and other family members.

Yup. Me too. I live at the edge of several thousand miles of wilderness.

The urge to wean yourself off of the resources of religious fundamentalist extremist dictators seems to be strong in everyone but the MAGA crowd
Are there a lot of those in Alaska, Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic seaboard? Our current "crisis" is fully self imposed. The oil, gas, and coal are still right where they were during the Trump presidency. You argument is ridiculous and you strike me as being educated enough to KNOW you're pushing propaganda for the Left.

That‘s rich coming from you morons:

89F112F6-1A85-4E16-B01E-C9EC9628B7C4.jpeg

Oh yeah, many American leftoid nutters have been pointing to Germany as an example we should follow regarding energy.

Are there a lot of those in Alaska, Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic seaboard?
Absolutely. Far too many of them in this country.
Our current "crisis" is fully self imposed. The oil, gas, and coal are still right where they were during the Trump presidency. You argument is ridiculous and you strike me as being educated enough to KNOW you're pushing propaganda for the Left.
Oil production in the U.S. under Biden is, fortunately or not, near record levels and will soon surpass levels under Trump. And thinking that the global oil "crisis" as you call it is "self-imposed" by the U.S. tells me you have zero understanding of the oil market and that you're a fucking idiot :thup:

Oh yeah, many American leftoid nutters have been pointing to Germany as an example we should follow regarding energy.
I pretty well weed out the prattle of left wing and right wing nutters. You should try it. You get to do your own thing, without the prattle of idiot reactionaries disturbing reality, like many on here, occasionally you, yourself, though at times you do show a side, not as easily dismissed on several subjects. This isn't one of them.

There are lots of people that care about the environment. Many looking for the next alternative to fossil fuels, as they do pollute to an extent, though we certainly aren't anywhere near ready to change off of petroleum yet, though progress is being made. My best expectation is on nuclear and particularly nuclear fusion. While I have nothing against solar, wind, hydro or even tidal generation, they cannot give the transferable, portable supply necessary to maintain our economy and supply us the comfort levels we have come to enjoy. Until then, for day to day continuity, I like petroleum and natural gas, though hard not to see the drawbacks demonstrated.

Absolutely. Far too many of them in this country.

Oil production in the U.S. under Biden is, fortunately or not, near record levels and will soon surpass levels under Trump. And thinking that the global oil "crisis" as you call it is "self-imposed" by the U.S. tells me you have zero understanding of the oil market and that you're a fucking idiot :thup:
Yeah, about that.

Biden 25 policies that caused gas prices to skyrocket.

25 Biden policies raising gas prices and other energy costs - Americans for Prosperity

How is that working out?

[...]

Concoctions invented by demofks

How is that working out?

[...]
Europeans with their stupid environmental wacko policies are going to be damn cold this winter.

Maybe the dumbasses think global warming will keep them warm.

About what my ass. Gas prices fluctuate and Americans for Prosperity is a piece of shit group. OPEC thanks you for licking big oil's boots.
That's easy, proves nothing but easy for you.

Now please share with us whatever you believe to be wrong along with your reliable source and working link. If you cannot, or refuse, then you simply have nothing, do you?

Churchill-S.jpg

Forum List

Back