Wife needs a device that accepts and reads audiobooks

Essentially, that's it. We must be the last people on Earth who do not have a smartphone, tablet, Android, and whatever else is out there. She's bedridden, so we don't go anywhere, and losing her eyesight due to macular degeneration, so even though I bought her a larger flat screen TV, she can't see it. So, I'd like to get her whatever device is best to receive audiobook files that she can listen to. What do you think?

Hey Flyboy, unfortunately I can't help you with your tech questions as I am an technical idiot...
But I did want to thank you for your service to our Country and your loyalty and dedication to your wife...
Your a good man... :salute:

Your a good man...

She's a good woman. Took care of me when I was going through Prostate cancer surgery. Now it's my turn.

Essentially, that's it. We must be the last people on Earth who do not have a smartphone, tablet, Android, and whatever else is out there. She's bedridden, so we don't go anywhere, and losing her eyesight due to macular degeneration, so even though I bought her a larger flat screen TV, she can't see it. So, I'd like to get her whatever device is best to receive audiobook files that she can listen to. What do you think?

Hey Flyboy, unfortunately I can't help you with your tech questions as I am an technical idiot...
But I did want to thank you for your service to our Country and your loyalty and dedication to your wife...
Your a good man... :salute:

Your a good man...

She's a good woman. Took care of me when I was going through Prostate cancer surgery. Now it's my turn.
I can sympathise but my wife is ambulatory for now. Not a stroke, terminal cancer.
I found this, you can compare Kindle with iPad then make your choice. Both have their pros and cons, iPads tend to be more intuitive and usually more powerful, Kindles tend to be cheaper but do the same thing and currently Alexa and Google Assistant has Siri beat, Google Assistant just edges out Alexa in "smarts".

Apple iPad vs Amazon Fire Tablet - Which is Best? | Tech.co

Well if you're gonna buy her something new ...They all spy on ya but get a Samsung.
South Korean most parts are not made in chyna anymore ...assembled in vietnam
The cheaper Samsungs you're probably still gonna get some made in china parts
Samsung was ahead of the tariff curve, theyre laughing even harder now

Mid range to higher end ya usually can't go wrong Annnnnd

Ya got a ton of choices ...Tablet ,2n1, laptops, chrome ,Android, windows
You could also play around with accessibility options in all operating systems..an really blow up the icons nice n big for her ...i would imagine check out the voice command options

The only thing I don't like about Samsung is the out of the box add on bloat ...other than that go roof korean

I would suggest going with a smart device like Alexa. If she has vision problems she can play, stop and search for new books by simply talking to the device itself. I do not use this particular feature of my Alexa but I do use it for music and podcasts of which it works really darn well. It is simple to use and cheap to start. The device itself is something like 20 buck but it does have a monthly subscription. That also gives you access to a ton of content though that you do not have to shell out more cash for.

Amazon.com Help: Listen to Your Audiobooks

I imagine google's smart device does the same.

Forum List

Back