.Why Your Electric Bill Will Soon Go Up

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Remember the promise of green energy? We'd use the power of Mother Nature herself to fuel our homes and our vehicles. Wind turbines, solar panels and electric cars would transform our lives -- and lighten our bills when it came to paying for energy. Kumbayah!

How I wish that was true! Here's the reality: At least 16 utilities - which cover more than 6 million customers - are trying to raise consumer rates by at least 5%. Almost half of them want increases of 10% or more - that's according to the Daily Beast.

American Electric Power serves millions of customers in eleven states - including Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia. Those customers are getting walloped - over the last few years rates have skyrocketed by nearly 88% and will rise another 35% by 2014!

Read more: Why Your Electric Bill Will Soon Go Up - GerriWillis.com Blog - Fox Business

aren't libtards smart? ain't they wunnnerful?

I remember obama campaigning on the issue of skyrocketing energy costs. He said that his policies would cause both a shortage of energy and unaffordable costs.

Another promise fulfilled.

No one really "heard" that or understood what it meant. They were blinded and deafened by his blackness. They were making history.

I remember obama campaigning on the issue of skyrocketing energy costs. He said that his policies would cause both a shortage of energy and unaffordable costs.

Another promise fulfilled.

No one really "heard" that or understood what it meant. They were blinded and deafened by his blackness. They were making history.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHL404zhcU]Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade - YouTube[/ame]

Our energy bill has already gone up in the past few years. How much lower am I suppose to set the thermostat? It's at 64 in the winter. . . . .

Our energy bill has already gone up in the past few years. How much lower am I suppose to set the thermostat? It's at 64 in the winter. . . . .

mine has gone down :p

Probably because I got rid of the 15 year old airconditioners I had and got newer ones :lol:

It went down about 5% :)

My rates have gone up though ;)

Government needs to get the hell out of the way of energy companies. No subsidies and no interference. Only then can we make strides in what will actually work and be affordable.

Forum List

Back