Why You Should Support Lower Corporate Taxes

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Because higher corporate taxes lowers the rate of wages paid by more than the corporate tax paid.

We examine the extent to which taxes on corporate income are shifted onto the workforce in the form of lower wages. We use data on 23,000 companies located in 10 countries over the period 1993-2003. We identify two channels by which taxes can affect wages: indirectly through a lower capital stock, and more directly through wage bargaining for net of tax, location-specific rents. We find that a significant part of the effective incidence of the tax falls on wages. Our central estimate is that 54% of any additional tax is passed on in lower wages, even in the short run; other estimates are larger than this. In the longer run, a $1 rise in the tax liability results in a fall in total employee compensation in excess of $1.

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mast1732/RePEc/pdf/WP0707.pdf
http://worthwhile.typepad.com/worthwhile_canadian_initi/2007/10/why-progressive.html

Do you directly benefit from lower corporate taxes? Do you get a corporate pay check?

I am not that knowledgeable about corporate tax laws and rules but it seems to me that if you raise corporate tax rates, it encourages business owners to move their companies overseas and hire people in those countries that you moved to. America not only loses what corporate tax you would have received had it not raised taxes, but it also loses income tax that it would have received from American workers who are now practically replaced by foreigners working for the company in foreign lands.

as one of five owners of a 220 person 50 million / year corporation that does about 10 million in net profit ..... the corporation doesn't pay taxes .... the corporation distributes profits to its employees in and share holders in the form of bonuses and the individuals pay the taxes.....

A corporation who generates jobs and wealth for its employees is an asset worth investing in. So long as the benefits stay inside of the 50 US states. Puerto Rico should think about what it is doing by dumping its garbage onto US soil. If PR doesn't shape up, turn the whole island into a target range and suspend the tax breaks.

A problem with this is the survey which was taken in TEN different countries. Doesn't tax law vary by country or is uncle sam a national phenomenon.

Another thing I pay $90 on average in taxes every week on my paycheck. Tell me is that corporate taxes or am I stealing every time a tax refund comes along.
:eusa_wall:

New Topics

Forum List

Back