Why would someone want to scam their own family?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
The family took a weekend trip to go to an amusement park and stay at the hotel. So we have access to the park all weekend because of a weekend package. Then my cousin says we have to pay for parking once we get to the park?

So when i said that didnt sound right she had this look of guilt on her face.

Am i the only who think that doesnt sound right? Pay for parking when you have free access to the park.?

Many attractions scream "Free!" then charge for parking. The Air and Space Museum in Reston, VA is an example.

Sounds like you might have 'trust' issues.

How long have you known your cousin?

The family took a weekend trip to go to an amusement park and stay at the hotel. So we have access to the park all weekend because of a weekend package. Then my cousin says we have to pay for parking once we get to the park?

Am i the only who think that doesnt sound right? Pay for parking when you have free access to the park.?
/----/ Over the years I've been to FREE attractions that charged for parking - the Nassau Colosseum on Long Island is a glaring example. $35 to park to see the FREE auto show. There is no local street parking unless you're willing to walk a mile.

/----/ Over the years I've been to FREE attractions that charged for parking - the Nassau Colosseum on Long Island is a glaring example. $35 to park to see the FREE auto show. There is no local street parking unless you're willing to walk a mile.
Agreed. It seems parking fees are a common way to gouge customers.

I used to go into Chicago several times a month. I stayed at one hotel every time. They gave me a free weekend stay for being such a regular customer. I took my family and valet parked the car. Valet parking cost me $89 for two nights.

Oh ok. Im thinking a free pass covered everything. Before the trip she told us we only needed money for lunch and dinner all weekend since breakfast was included

She just brung up this parking shit today

Oh ok. Im thinking a free pass covered everything. Before the trip she told us we only needed money for lunch and dinner all weekend since breakfast was included

She just brung up this parking shit today
/----/ Unless your cousin got a percentage of the parking fee, why do you think she was scamming you? Either she forgot, didn't know or thought if she told you, you wouldn't come. Here's a crazy idea, call your cousin and ask her in a calm tone.

If your cousin feels guilty, at least you have that. Some people don't care what it is that they choose to do to other people related to them or not.

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back