Why would Obama apologize to the Japanese because one million people weren't killed?

So even when a CZAR for Obama says like Mao "well, to be fair, i believe power comes at the end of a gun." Why would anyone working for the Govt. for a "Change" President, and even someone like you believe in guns???
I mean that's why "Fast & Furious" came about was to "prove" the U.S. was the source of ALL guns to the Mexican cartel.. and your auto czar believes in guns?

Or your "Communications" director.. admires a dictator that murdered 55 million human beings and you laugh it off?

Or the minister your President sat in pews for 20 years who said:
and I quote exactly:

“Today is December 7th, the day that this [U.S.] government killed over 80,000 Japanese civilians at Hiroshima in 1941, two days before killing an additional 64,000 Japanese civilians at Nagasaki by dropping nuclear bombs on innocent people.” Actually, Wright had his facts mixed up.

ahem.... December 7, 1941 was the day when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

So now you still think your president is the smartest president in spite his pastor like Obama evidently also thinks there are 57 states!
Really smart people we have in the administration!

no, no, no, you can't bring that up... those people have nothing to do with him, don't reflect him, or had an impact on him at all... lol

There are no CZARS in the USA. It's a rhetoical term.....

Dunn cited anecdotes about Mao and Mother Teresa to counsel that "everybody has their own path" and you call that hero worship?

I don't particularly like the job the president has done so far however like like BS posts like yours even less.

Czars, Mao, and Ayers, oh my!

Here's the underlying problem.

Obama got slapped down because the Japanese Government didn't want to talk about this at all. They don't like to be reminded that they are America's minor ally, they don't like to be reminded that they were involved in this war where they essentially abused the human rights of all their neighbors. Japan isn't proud of its pre-1945 past.

And talking about Nuclear stuff isn't cool when the Japanese got a huge scare with the reactor meltdowns.

The problem with apologies is that sometimes they are more important to the people making them than the people who are the recipiants.

I thought Fox News retracted that he apologized?

I think the story was, according to WikiLeaks that he wanted to apologize, and the Japanese government said, no, we really don't want to talk about this issue, it's like reminding us of the time you dropped roofies in our drink and left us in front of our house in a shopping cart.

Not this again, first Japan should apologize for their atrocities in Manchuria*, Korea, and all across South East Asia, plus lets not even start on the concentration camps for prisoners of war.

*Lets not forget that after the Doolittle raid they rampaged across China committing genocide against millions of Chinese because they helped save the American pilots from certain death in POW camps.

Last edited:
Why would Obama apologize for NOT killing one million people?

A heretofore secret cable dated Sept. 3, 2009, Sent to Secretary of State Clinton, it reported Japan's Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling U.S. Ambassador John Roos that
"the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a 'nonstarter.'"
Apologies Not Accepted - Investors.com

So Japan didn't want the Obsequious Obama's bowing and apology that by dropping the A-Bomb one million Americans and Japanese were NOT killed by an otherwise planned invasion of Japan!

First, Japan attacked the USA on Dec 7,1941 in a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. When you make the first move, you have to accept the outcome of your actions.

Second, the Japanese also had a nuclear weapons program. So we were in race to develop ours first. Japan was losing the war, so I'm sure they would of used the atom bomb against the USA.

Third, a conventional invasion of Japan would of cost the Allies many lives. Estimates go as high as 1-million troops killed in action. Why? The Japanese would be defending their homeland. A man defending his homeland is harder to defeat. He will fight to the death, and take many enemy troops with him. Fewer Americans died.

Should We Have Dropped The a-Bomb - Term Paper - Chempprz
AND yet this apologist ignorant of the concept of Japanese "FACE"
Obama wanted to rub MORE salt into the Japanese psyche!

Actually, dropping the Atom Bomb was unnecessary and Japan was ready to surrender on her own accord. What forced surrender was not the bomb (because we had been bombing Japan conventionally for more than a year with much deadlier effect) but the USSR's entry into the Pacific War.

Presented with a partition of their country, Japan realized that surrendering to the US and American occupation was the best option.

For the US Part, we insisted on "unconditional" surrender, while the Japanese insisted that the Emperor had to be retained. After the USSR entered the war, the American's dropped their insistence on Hirohito's abdication. (And if fact, spent years actually covering up his complicity in the war.)

All that said, I don't think we should apologize because Japan started the war, and they committed a number of war crimes all across Asia.

Yep. facts are facts.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Martin Niemöller

I thought Fox News retracted that he apologized?

I think the story was, according to WikiLeaks that he wanted to apologize, and the Japanese government said, no, we really don't want to talk about this issue, it's like reminding us of the time you dropped roofies in our drink and left us in front of our house in a shopping cart.

You couldn't be more ignorant if you tried.

Not this again, first Japan should apologize for their atrocities in Manchuria*, Korea, and all across South East Asia, plus lets not even start on the concentration camps for prisoners of war.

*Lets not forget that after the Doolittle raid they rampaged across China committing genocide against millions of Chinese because they helped save the American pilots from certain death in POW camps.

Do you need a list of all the many apologies Japan has issued since the end of the war?

Do you need a list of all the many apologies Japan has issued since the end of the war?
I would like it, so that I can then name the many it hasn't.

I would like it, so that I can then name the many it hasn't.

Nice that you're so proud of your ignorance.

List of war apology statements issued by Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back