Why Would Democrats Practically Legalize Shoplifting?

Make murder legal and problem solved.
The NRA has already made murder acceptable.

Yeah, all the gang members here in Chicago belong to the NRA......DURR
Your spin won't turn.

"According to the FBI, African-Americans accounted for 55.9% of all homicide offenders in 2019, with whites 41.1%, and "Other"/Unknown 3.0% in cases where the race was known.[52] Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races.[53][54] The per-capita offending rate for African-Americans was roughly six times higher than that of whites, and the victim rate is a similar figure. Most homicides were intraracial; where the perpetrator's race was known, 81% of white victims were killed by whites and 91% of black or African-American victims were killed by African-Americans.[54]"

However,

Between 1982 and May 2021, 66 out of the 124 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 10. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 17 percent and eight percent respectively.

Race of mass shooters reflects the U.S. population​

Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole. While a superficial comparison of the statistics seems to suggest African American shooters are over-represented and Latino shooters underrepresented, the fact that the shooter’s race is unclear in around five percent of cases, along with the different time frames over which these statistics are calculated means no such conclusions should be drawn. Conversely, looking at the mass shootings in the United States by gender clearly demonstrates that the majority of mass shootings are carried out by men.

Mass shootings and mental health​

With no clear patterns between the socio-economic or cultural background of mass shooters, increasing attention has been placed on mental health. Analysis of the factors Americans considered to be to blame for mass shootings showed 80 percent of people felt the inability of the mental health system to recognize those who pose a danger to others was a significant factor. This concern is not without merit – in over half of the mass shootings since 1982, the shooter showed prior signs of mental health issues, suggesting improved mental health services may help deal with this horrific problem.

Mass shootings and guns​

In the wake of multiple mass shootings, critics have sought to look beyond the issues of shooter identification and their influences by focusing on their access to guns. The study mentioned above showed 61 percent of Americans felt the easy access to firearms was to blame by either a “great deal” or a “fair amount” for mass shootings. Gun control takes on a particular significance when the uniquely American phenomenon of school shootings is considered. The annual number of incidents involving firearms at K-12 schools in the U.S. was over 100 in both 2018 and 2019. Conversely, similar incidents in other developed countries exceptionally rare, with only five school shootings in G7 countries other than the U.S. between 2009 and 2018.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Since The Congress has not allowed the CDC to count the deaths by firearms the numbers and demographics are collected by private sources.

Make murder legal and problem solved.
The NRA has already made murder acceptable.

Yeah, all the gang members here in Chicago belong to the NRA......DURR
Your spin won't turn.

"According to the FBI, African-Americans accounted for 55.9% of all homicide offenders in 2019, with whites 41.1%, and "Other"/Unknown 3.0% in cases where the race was known.[52] Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races.[53][54] The per-capita offending rate for African-Americans was roughly six times higher than that of whites, and the victim rate is a similar figure. Most homicides were intraracial; where the perpetrator's race was known, 81% of white victims were killed by whites and 91% of black or African-American victims were killed by African-Americans.[54]"

However,

Between 1982 and May 2021, 66 out of the 124 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 10. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 17 percent and eight percent respectively.

Race of mass shooters reflects the U.S. population​

Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole. While a superficial comparison of the statistics seems to suggest African American shooters are over-represented and Latino shooters underrepresented, the fact that the shooter’s race is unclear in around five percent of cases, along with the different time frames over which these statistics are calculated means no such conclusions should be drawn. Conversely, looking at the mass shootings in the United States by gender clearly demonstrates that the majority of mass shootings are carried out by men.

Mass shootings and mental health​

With no clear patterns between the socio-economic or cultural background of mass shooters, increasing attention has been placed on mental health. Analysis of the factors Americans considered to be to blame for mass shootings showed 80 percent of people felt the inability of the mental health system to recognize those who pose a danger to others was a significant factor. This concern is not without merit – in over half of the mass shootings since 1982, the shooter showed prior signs of mental health issues, suggesting improved mental health services may help deal with this horrific problem.

Mass shootings and guns​

In the wake of multiple mass shootings, critics have sought to look beyond the issues of shooter identification and their influences by focusing on their access to guns. The study mentioned above showed 61 percent of Americans felt the easy access to firearms was to blame by either a “great deal” or a “fair amount” for mass shootings. Gun control takes on a particular significance when the uniquely American phenomenon of school shootings is considered. The annual number of incidents involving firearms at K-12 schools in the U.S. was over 100 in both 2018 and 2019. Conversely, similar incidents in other developed countries exceptionally rare, with only five school shootings in G7 countries other than the U.S. between 2009 and 2018.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Since The Congress has not allowed the CDC to count the deaths by firearms the numbers and demographics are collected by private sources.

Your spin won't turn.

They weren't NRA members?

That's disappointing.

No one is stopping the store from getting its merchandise back and banning them from the store. They've got a big carrot--cooperate and we won't call the police. Most chain stores have security; that's their job. Why involve the police for a CD or $5 pair of earrings?

Why? To provide a deterrent, that's why. Stores carry insurance for theft, but like all insurance, there is a maximum benefit. After that benefit is met, the rest of the loss is on the store. To help recoup some of the losses after that, they increase the price of their goods, and the rest of us have to pay for it. A little personal story here.

Years ago a middle-east family bought (or leased) a store around the corner from me. Because it was so close to my home, I frequented the place. One day when I went in, the police were there advising the store clerk about something or another. When they left, I asked him what happened? He told me some drunk came in, took several packs of cigarettes off a counter display, and just walked out of the store. The police told him if he comes back, give them a call, and they'll kick him out.

We got to talking about the growing theft in our area, and he was a young guy, around 18 years old. His grandmother wrote him and asked how his new life in America was, what goes on here and those kinds of things. So he sent her our local paper. She wrote back with great concern. She said our little suburb had more theft and robberies in one week than the entire middle-east has in a year. I asked him if she was exaggerating, and he said no she wasn't.

He said where I'm from, vendors have outdoor markets. They place tables and chairs for customers to rest while shopping. If a woman leaves her purse on a table and forgets about it, everybody crosses the road to make sure they are nowhere near it. In fact if she didn't realize she left it there until the next day, it's likely it would still be there.

In my country he said, if you are caught stealing from anybody, the police cut off your hand, and not in a hospital either. Get caught stealing again, off comes the other hand. He said there is no third time.
That'd do it.
there would be a lot of democrat voters with just one hand and many with no hands.

Why would it need to be organized? If it was organized, they would catch the leader fairly easily. UNorganized is unstoppable.

It can be slowed down quite a bit, but not if the city your businesses is in doesn't consider it real shoplifting unless they steal $1,000 of merchandise.
No one is stopping the store from getting its merchandise back and banning them from the store. They've got a big carrot--cooperate and we won't call the police. Most chain stores have security; that's their job. Why involve the police for a CD or $5 pair of earrings?
7/11 doesnt have security, Walgreens doesnt have security, most places dont, even chain stores. Even if they did, you want private security to stop thieves instead of cops?
I don't know; the chain stores I worked in did. And us cashiers found stuff they tried smuggling through the line, too, like jewelry hidden in a skein of yarn--stuff like that. Had one guy try walking out of the store with a suitcase once--and he'd loaded it, too. LOL
I think that's why the managers were always big guys. I don't remember the cops ever being called.
Were your shop lifters extremely prone to violence? NY's shoplifters are. All major cities with high black populations are plagued with violent people you dont want to fuck with if you arent armed.
Ahh Good ol’ Godboy. USMB’s official resident racist. Well, dude doesn’t try and hide it so I suppose that’s a positive eh? :rolleyes-41:
Are you saying there isnt a tremendous amount of violent black crime? Where is the racism in my post?
I think that anywhere there is poverty there is crime. That has nothing to do with race.
shoplifting and looting businesses that need employees to operate out of the community is not going to help people out of poverty .

Are you saying there isnt a tremendous amount of violent black crime? Where is the racism in my post?

For leftists, facts and statistics are racist if it doesn't fit their worldview.

53% of all murders in the United States are committed by 7% of our people--black males. When you show that statistic, they call you racist for bringing it up.
Link to your 53/7 butt nugget please
:link:

Okay, except that 13.4% of the population is black - not 7. Likely an undercount for the reasons I already pointed out. So you were only off on that number by at least 100%.

the vast majority of murders committed by blacks are committed by black males ...and black males make up a little less than 7% of the population in the US .

Forum List

Back