Why Would Democrats Practically Legalize Shoplifting?

Yes it would. But since we cannot do that here due to the Constitution, cruel and unusual punishment clause, and the right to a fair and speedy trial, wouldn't it make sense to offer as much of a deterrent as we can within out guidelines?
If we're talking about SF, they're crazy, seem to not even be trying anymore while organized rings of thieves go in and help themselves, then sell their wares in street markets! Employees are instructed not to confront them because the thieves can get violent. Police ARE arresting some of these folks, say they want the pros, not the homeless or the drug addicts who are stealing to survive.

All of California has this rule that shoplifting under $950 is a misdemeanor with $1,000 fine or 6 months in jail. SF has 4 times as much shoplifting as the rest of CA, though, because they're not even trying. Thieves (pros) are going to SF from all over the state to steal stuff it's so easy.

There is no way to argue this rationally. For the most part, I see nothing wrong with the penalty though--it seems to fit the crime.

After a while the scum will begin their loud, pathetic whine.

Remember all the times the BLM cocksucker types riot and burn and steal and destroy property? Then later they cry and whine that there are no jobs in the hood and no nearby stores.

They're fucking hopeless. A true waste of oxygen.

A lot of Lefties believe that looting and shoplifting is de facto reparations that is justified. But in too any cases the store owner is a minority person who probably votes for the democrats. And if it's a chain store owned by Walgreens or some other large corporation, they'll close down their stores and leave the area. Doesn't anybody on the Left see how dumb-shit stupid all this is?

The elderly minorities and single mothers in urban neighborhoods that need a place close by to get medication, food, and baby formula are the ones that pay. Largely, these are people of color being impacted by Democrat policies such as the policies to not enforce shoplifting.

But, Democrats will simply blame Walgreens and CVS for closing up and not investing in inner cities. Why they may even use the term “racist”.

If we're talking about SF, they're crazy, seem to not even be trying anymore while organized rings of thieves go in and help themselves, then sell their wares in street markets! Employees are instructed not to confront them because the thieves can get violent. Police ARE arresting some of these folks, say they want the pros, not the homeless or the drug addicts who are stealing to survive.

All of California has this rule that shoplifting under $950 is a misdemeanor with $1,000 fine or 6 months in jail. SF has 4 times as much shoplifting as the rest of CA, though, because they're not even trying. Thieves (pros) are going to SF from all over the state to steal stuff it's so easy.

There is no way to argue this rationally. For the most part, I see nothing wrong with the penalty though--it seems to fit the crime.

It's company policy for most places that employees not engage in confrontations with criminals. In our pathetic system of law here, if an employee hurts a criminal in the process of stopping a crime, that criminal can sue the company for God knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I only go by what I read so don't know for a fact, but I understand if you drive for Uber, you cannot carry or use a firearm even though you are licensed to carry and the assailant is in your personal vehicle. At least over here, these Uber drivers are getting carjacked all the time. They get a call to pickup three guys at X place, and while on the way to their supposed destination, one of the guys in the back seat pulls out a gun and puts it to the head of the driver. The last group they caught over here were kids all under the age of 18.

In my suburb shoplifting became such an everyday thing after the blacks moved in that our police no longer put them in jail. They just write them a ticket for a court date. There is no real deterrent so they eventually closed down all our quality stores. The only major store we have in our city is Home Depot, and even they have to take precautions. They have a guard at the entrance door. Why the entrance door? Because lowlifes were going out in the parking lot, picking up receipts that customers threw on the ground, and then they'd go into the store with the receipts, pickup the same items, and go to the return counter (which is right next to the entrance) and ask for their money back. Most of the expensive items at Home Depot are too large to try and shoplift.

Why would it need to be organized? If it was organized, they would catch the leader fairly easily. UNorganized is unstoppable.

It can be slowed down quite a bit, but not if the city your businesses is in doesn't consider it real shoplifting unless they steal $1,000 of merchandise.
No one is stopping the store from getting its merchandise back and banning them from the store. They've got a big carrot--cooperate and we won't call the police. Most chain stores have security; that's their job. Why involve the police for a CD or $5 pair of earrings?
7/11 doesnt have security, Walgreens doesnt have security, most places dont, even chain stores. Even if they did, you want private security to stop thieves instead of cops?
I don't know; the chain stores I worked in did. And us cashiers found stuff they tried smuggling through the line, too, like jewelry hidden in a skein of yarn--stuff like that. Had one guy try walking out of the store with a suitcase once--and he'd loaded it, too. LOL
I think that's why the managers were always big guys. I don't remember the cops ever being called.
Were your shop lifters extremely prone to violence? NY's shoplifters are. All major cities with high black populations are plagued with violent people you dont want to fuck with if you arent armed.
Ahh Good ol’ Godboy. USMB’s official resident racist. Well, dude doesn’t try and hide it so I suppose that’s a positive eh? :rolleyes-41:
He added a lot to his post after I'd already responded. Will see if I can delete my response now.

Nope. Too late. But my remark is only in response to his first post.
Is there something untrue in my post?
You suggested that blacks are intrinsically violent. Did you have a scholarly, peer reviewed study to back that up, we’re you personally/ violently victimized by a black person, or are you just spitballin’?

Are you saying there isnt a tremendous amount of violent black crime? Where is the racism in my post?

For leftists, facts and statistics are racist if it doesn't fit their worldview.

53% of all murders in the United States are committed by 7% of our people--black males. When you show that statistic, they call you racist for bringing it up.

Why would it need to be organized? If it was organized, they would catch the leader fairly easily. UNorganized is unstoppable.

It can be slowed down quite a bit, but not if the city your businesses is in doesn't consider it real shoplifting unless they steal $1,000 of merchandise.
No one is stopping the store from getting its merchandise back and banning them from the store. They've got a big carrot--cooperate and we won't call the police. Most chain stores have security; that's their job. Why involve the police for a CD or $5 pair of earrings?
7/11 doesnt have security, Walgreens doesnt have security, most places dont, even chain stores. Even if they did, you want private security to stop thieves instead of cops?
I don't know; the chain stores I worked in did. And us cashiers found stuff they tried smuggling through the line, too, like jewelry hidden in a skein of yarn--stuff like that. Had one guy try walking out of the store with a suitcase once--and he'd loaded it, too. LOL
I think that's why the managers were always big guys. I don't remember the cops ever being called.
Were your shop lifters extremely prone to violence? NY's shoplifters are. All major cities with high black populations are plagued with violent people you dont want to fuck with if you arent armed.
Ahh Good ol’ Godboy. USMB’s official resident racist. Well, dude doesn’t try and hide it so I suppose that’s a positive eh? :rolleyes-41:
Are you saying there isnt a tremendous amount of violent black crime? Where is the racism in my post?
I think that anywhere there is poverty there is crime. That has nothing to do with race.

For leftists, facts and statistics are racist if it doesn't fit their worldview.

53% of all murders in the United States are committed by 7% of our people--black males. When you show that statistic, they call you racist for bringing it up.
Link to your 53/7 butt nugget please
:link:

Dumb idea, and especially dumb for Republicans.
Rump counted on the ignorant, the aggrieved and the poorly educated to win in 2016.
A test like that would have eliminated half his voters!

Great. Get your party to support it and I'll do the same for mine. I'd love to see those results when the commies heavily depend on those inner-city votes where most of the uneducated are in our country. I mean, if the commies really thought that it was Trump or Republican voters who were ignorant, do you think they'd be pushing so hard for mail-in voting as the standard, criminals vote from jail, and ex-cons being able to vote?

For crying out loud. You're talking about a party that used blacks to promote their voters weren't smart enough to obtain a voter-id.

Nobody said anybody wasn’t smart enough to obtain voter ID. The point was that often students, the handicapped, the poor and the elderly lack the transportation and other means to obtain a state issued ID when they don’t drive.

Audits and signature matches have been conducted in all mail in states like Utah and Oregon. You are registered to vote when you license with DMV. Or if you don’t drive, they will come to you.

They had fewer cases of fraud than anyone. 2016 there were TWO in Oregon. Widespread voter fraud is purely a RW trope. It’s a unicorn - doesn’t exist.

Last edited:
This is a new thing that's in the news. Folks just walk into your shop or store and help themselves to whatever you have on the shelves.
Why are they doing this?
City Hall has, in all their wisdom, decided that stealing is like a parking ticket. Then they put out the word that you can take what you want up to $925 or whatever the amount is.
Why would they do this?
This is communism folks.
They're closing down businesses in their cities.
The trick to it is make it look organic....not by design.
Eventually there will be fewer stores....and the stores that are still in business won't have their goods on shelves anymore.
The left wants empty shelves.....and long lines of people waiting for what little is available.
Make sure you have your vaccine card so you can get in.
Welcome to East Germany.

The Dems care only for pleasing the perps and their supporters.

The Dems do not care about the store owners or the honest shoppers.

That's America 2021.

Reputedly 80,000,000 Americans voted for such a government.

I guess that's "democracy" for you!

Okay, except that 13.4% of the population is black - not 7. Likely an undercount for the reasons I already pointed out. So you were only off on that number by at least 100%.

He added a lot to his post after I'd already responded. Will see if I can delete my response now.

You suggested that blacks are intrinsically violent. Did you have a scholarly, peer reviewed study to back that up, we’re you personally/ violently victimized by a black person, or are you just spitballin’?
When have i EVER said that blacks are intrinsically violent? I dont believe that, so i cant imagine i have ever said such a thing.

When have i EVER said that blacks are intrinsically violent? I dont believe that, so i cant imagine i have ever said such a thing.
If you go back and look at your words, surely you’ll realize that it was your message.

I think that anywhere there is poverty there is crime. That has nothing to do with race.
If that was true, you would be able to rattle of a list of notoriously dangerous WHITE communities, but you wont be able to come up with a single one. We can both list multiple dangerous black neighborhoods though.

Poverty may drive up petty crime numbers, but violence has nothing to do with poverty. Violence is caused by inferior cultures. Many people confuse race with culture, but i dont. Hell, if black people were racially inferior, then i wouldnt be able to hold them accountable for their behavior. It would be like getting mad at a retard for not understanding string theory. Nope, im not giving blacks a pass because, they are perfectly capable of behaving like the rest of us.

Last edited:

You need a link for that? How on Earth arent you already aware of this basic crime statistic? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

If you go back and look at your words, surely you’ll realize that it was your message.
I just went back and looked. Im not seeing it. Why dont you quote the racist part for me? Thanks in advance.

You need a link for that? How on Earth arent you already aware of this basic crime statistic? :cuckoo:
I just proved it grossly in error.

I just proved it grossly in error.
You did what? Maybe you ought to rewrite that sentence. Its confusing.

Okay, except that 13.4% of the population is black - not 7. Likely an undercount for the reasons I already pointed out. So you were only off on that number by at least 100%.

You can keep shining up the cover of a book and adding everything in gold and silver and titanium on it . But if the inside does not get with the program there will never be improvement to where we have maxed out now spend tens of trillions of dollars..

New Topics

Forum List

Back