Why would anyone

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
who insists you are a racist or homophobe when you disagree with her, who constantly puts words in your mouth and thoughts in your heart and who runs off in a huff when bested in debate, sends you a friend request?
I have tried to remain civil to this poster, inquired into her, and shared my own spiritual beliefs. I have offered advice when she was depressed.
Repeated attempts to deal with her have constantly been met with hostility or avoidance to where I don't care or even attempt to be civil any longer.
Now, today I receive a friend request after a particularly contentious exchange.
I have to question her motives and expressed that in an as yet, unanswered PM. I have asked her to check her PM's in at least 2 threads she has been active in.
What do you all think?

Hey I swear it's not Sky. I would never start a thread about her. She really hates when anyone but she, does that.
I'm talking about the other lesbian ex Buddhist psychologist at a completely different message board.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
923_large.jpg

who insists you are a racist or homophobe when you disagree with her, who constantly puts words in your mouth and thoughts in your heart and who runs off in a huff when bested in debate, sends you a friend request?
I have tried to remain civil to this poster, inquired into her, and shared my own spiritual beliefs. I have offered advice when she was depressed.
Repeated attempts to deal with her have constantly been met with hostility or avoidance to where I don't care or even attempt to be civil any longer.
Now, today I receive a friend request after a particularly contentious exchange.
I have to question her motives and expressed that in an as yet, unanswered PM. I have asked her to check her PM's in at least 2 threads she has been active in.
What do you all think?

we have discussed this...over and over again. Challenging ideas, disagreeing, differences of opinion does not mean you don't like the other person. Public threads are public....and as such open for comment....

The important thing though, is that you can still like and be friends with the very people you disagree with and cause you the most angst.

really ernie?

Yes really. It has been explained to me by several people and intellectually, I understand and agree, but I'm still having a tough time on an emotional level.

My history and life style would lead me toward the "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", but I don't see this person operating like that.

Another poster with no respect for the PM system. I'm sorry my offer of friendship caused you such hardship. You aren't even able to answer my posts or PMs, but you start this thread. Bizarre.

What do you all think?

Sounds like the two of you are in LOVE!

:FIREdevil:

What do you all think?

Ernie doesn't even address me in this thread. He talks ABOUT me. Never once has he asked me the questions he is asking in this thread.

Since he didn't ask ME the questions, I won't answer them.

Gee Ernie. If you don't want to be friends, don't accept my offer.

I PM'd you, and asked repeatedly for you to check messages. I would have rather talked privately but you ignored me. I have answered your PM of a few minutes ago. Please address my concerns and I'll happily accept your request.

Gee Ernie. If you don't want to be friends, don't accept my offer.

I PM'd you, and asked repeatedly for you to check messages. I would have rather talked privately but you ignored me. I have answered your PM of a few minutes ago. Please address my concerns and I'll happily accept your request.

Ernie--

I just saw your PM and answered it. I put you on ignore so that I didn't have to read your nasty neg reps.

I am sincere about wanting to be your friend.

I had you on ignore when you were asking me to check my PM's. I never leave anyone on permanent ignore. What people here don't understand is that I change. My heart doesn't stay closed for long.

Sky

Last edited:
What do you all think?

we have discussed this...over and over again. Challenging ideas, disagreeing, differences of opinion does not mean you don't like the other person. Public threads are public....and as such open for comment....

The important thing though, is that you can still like and be friends with the very people you disagree with and cause you the most angst.

There's a big difference between disagreeing and debating an issue with someone and what Ernie describes as his experience with this poster. I can be friends with someone I simply disagree with, but not with someone who behaves in the manner he describes.

Having said that, the person he should be asking is not any us, but the one who extended the request of friendship and in PM, not on the boards...this is just drama and unnecessarily calling out and embarrassing someone.

What do you all think?

Ernie doesn't even address me in this thread. He talks ABOUT me. Never once has he asked me the questions he is asking in this thread.

Since he didn't ask ME the questions, I won't answer them.
I did, sky. Check your messages while I add you to my friends list.

Another poster with no respect for the PM system. I'm sorry my offer of friendship caused you such hardship. You aren't even able to answer my posts or PMs, but you start this thread. Bizarre.

Your offer caused me no hardship, Sky. It caused me confusion due to the timing of the request being immediately following a contentious discussion.
I quickly fired off a message expressing my concern and got no reply until I started this thread. Had you simply answered me in a timely manner explaining your reasoning as you did in your last PM (quite well I might add) I would not have gone public.

Your offer caused me no hardship, Sky. It caused me confusion due to the timing of the request being immediately following a contentious discussion.
I quickly fired off a message expressing my concern and got no reply until I started this thread. Had you simply answered me in a timely manner explaining your reasoning as you did in your last PM (quite well I might add) I would not have gone public.

I never got your PM. This isn't the first time someone has told me they have sent me a PM and I am unable to find it in my inbox.

Forum List

Back